The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've considered doing similar, for winter I do like to have a tele lens. But since I've started using the 50F2 more I'm really liking it. Not sure I want to sell it on already. After buying it recently I barely used it as I was enjoying the 16 1.4 so much but I've been giving it more time. It's so good for portraits and I've even used it as a 'psuedo' macro today with a Raynox attached. it's bitingly sharp, and fast too.

Some of the images I shot using the 50F2 with the Raynox attached from today. It gives 0.6x magnification, so nothing like 1:1 but I find Fuji Raw files allow for pretty sizable crops without losing too much IQ

Ladybird by K G, on Flickr

Yellow dung fly on the hunt by K G, on Flickr

Flesh Fly by K G, on Flickr

Very nice set of close up Fujigraphs, particularly liking #3.

George.

Here is another from the tamron 35-210. It looks like it's heavily edited but this is almost out of camera jpeg - just minor tweaks on my mobile phone. This was facing away from a very large red moon, hence the very crazy light quality. I love telephoto landscapes, I think this is around 200mm or so, handheld and quite high iso. 55-200 would be sharper wide open, have image stabilisation and be lighter and smaller to boot... Hence gas.View attachment 256421

Very nice landscape Fujigraph, with some nice receding plains, suttle colours, and a good sky.

George.

Tell us what you think when you receive it, I'm looking for a zoom for my trip to India soon. I've been contemplating the 18-135, 55-140 and this one XC.

Any opinions?
Word on the net is it's a good light small lens (which is what I'm after, I have Canon L zooms if I need a bombproof drainpipe), build quality is fine (unless you're into knocking your gear about). If it's anything like the 16-50 XC it will be fine for my limited needs.

Word on the net is it's a good light small lens (which is what I'm after, I have Canon L zooms if I need a bombproof drainpipe), build quality is fine (unless you're into knocking your gear about). If it's anything like the 16-50 XC it will be fine for my limited needs.
Sounds good enough for my needs, I feel the equipment snobbishness coming up in me but I doubt I'll use it much other than on my few trips a year so should be fine for my needs.

I'll go park camera to give it a spin.

Sounds good enough for my needs, I feel the equipment snobbishness coming up in me but I doubt I'll use it much other than on my few trips a year so should be fine for my needs.

I'll go park camera to give it a spin.
I'm really trying hard not to replicate my Canon setup as the Fuji is being used for different reasons, but it's so damn hard to resist. I'm already tempted to get an X-T2/3 or 30 and a bunch of XF lenses, MUST RESIST, MUST RESIST!!!

Very nice set of close up Fujigraphs, particularly liking #3.

George.
Excellent set of captures Keith..!! As a flower and sometimes bug shooter myself I know/understand how hard it is to produce these images.

Great photography and great skills.

Peter

Thanks lads. Macro can be tricky without practice for sure. I find this kind of close up with a 1:2 or thereabouts lens easy enough it's when you go beyond that, 1:1 or higher magnification it can be frustratingly difficult. I kind of like the more pulled back perspective too though, it's a little mini scene from another world :)

Not doing a lot for my chronic (rather than acute) GAS though.

Has anyone here used a samyang MTF 7.5 F3.5 Fisheye lens converted to Fujimount To produce VR pans.
Nodal Ninja make the necessary foot, mount and replacement lens hoods to suit Fuji, Sony and Canon Mirrorless cameras.
It is something I am interested in as a project as I have never tried 360x180 photography. Though some of my stitching and stitching error skills should go some way to shortening the learning curve in using the necessary software.
I have acquired some of the kit already For the princely sum of £10 + postage. ( I think the previous owner gave up on any Idea of mastering the technique at a very early stage.)
Unfortunately I have still to acquire a Samyang 7.5 lens which may be available second hand, and the conversion kit which is not ( https://www.red-door.co.uk/pages/productpages/Samyang-7_5mm-with-Fuji-X-Mount.html )
So I have some way to go before I can get started.

This particular combination of kit allows you to achieve a 360x180 in four shot around with a closed top, but open bottom. which can be I filled with another shot or with a little world or logo.

Nothing like a new learning curve to keep me active in my dotage.

TA3X5487web.jpg

With regard to the H2 rumours, I just had an email from Fujifilm connect offering £300 off on the H1 and grip, based on a new price of £1,299. Offer valid until January 2020. That would suggest to me there's no new H2 this year

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience of using the Fuji Teleconverters with the 50-140mm f/2.8 zoom? How big a hit does IQ take? Would the 55-200mm outperform the teleconverted 50-140mm at 200m?

I have the 1.4TC on my 100-400 almost permanently and it's excellent. Having the 100-400 means I've never needed it on the 50-140 but I would expect it to be as good.

Most of my wildlife shots are at 560mm, and they are both sharp and render nicely.

This is typical output from the T2 with the 1.4, 100-400 wide open...

Swallow by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell. I’m developing a wedding business and worried about the af/eye tracking/low light abilities. But at the end of the day, all of my other weddings and events have been shot on an XT2 and XH1. I had a scare at the last wedding when the Fuji’s let me down in an unexpected low light situation. Hence the jump. But looking at all the images I have printed and framed indoors and my favourite shots online, they’re all Fuji. And I include my time with Canon in that too.

I have seen them compared to Audis... They do everything very well but leave the user with a feeling of not actually enjoying it (and a bit like my old M135 as well I guess). I just love using my Fuji gear, yes FF is great, Nikon have a couple of very good mirrorless models now, but there just seems to be a bit of soul in using a Fuj. Well to me there is...

Been looking at some old pictures from my first X-T1

March 2014 @ Brooklands Museum

Hurricane engine by Trevor, on Flickr

There's some great subjects in that place Trev, especially as my Dad spent a couple of years on Wellingtons before he was shipped out to the Far East and was then flying Halifax's; he also worked there after the war, so it has a special feeling for me. Used to go every year on the Mini day but now we're about 100 miles away I can't see us making the trip next year...

There's some great subjects in that place Trev, especially as my Dad spent a couple of years on Wellingtons before he was shipped out to the Far East and was then flying Halifax's; he also worked there after the war, so it has a special feeling for me. Used to go every year on the Mini day but now we're about 100 miles away I can't see us making the trip next year...

Steve, to my eternal shame I've not been since I took this.
My Buddy was there recently and reports that the whole experience has been sanitised since "Upgrading"the displays.
Shame, the old buildings were full of character.

What is she up to ??????????????DSCF0463-new2.jpg

xt-10 xc16-50 1/280 F5.6 Iso 200 at 50mm, a quick snap, 1 second later she'd jumped out of the plant pot.
Original looks sharper

Last edited:
I have the 1.4TC on my 100-400 almost permanently and it's excellent. Having the 100-400 means I've never needed it on the 50-140 but I would expect it to be as good.

Most of my wildlife shots are at 560mm, and they are both sharp and render nicely.

This is typical output from the T2 with the 1.4, 100-400 wide open...

Swallow by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Well that's sharp enough! Thanks for posting. All I need to do now is sell a kidney .......

I was at a Mini do on Saturday at Castle Combe. The weather was really crap so we decided to head off into Calne to find the Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum. What a great little experience that is... All sorts of mainly British cars & bikes, loads of memorabilia too.

My fav shot from there:

DSCF0492 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Does anyone have any experience of using the Fuji Teleconverters with the 50-140mm f/2.8 zoom? How big a hit does IQ take? Would the 55-200mm outperform the teleconverted 50-140mm at 200m?

I love the combo (50-140mm f/2.8 plus the 1.4x T/C). I used it at F1 and was very happy with the results; same at Clacton Air Show. Don't have the 55-200mm but my daughter does. Might borrow it and test it out.

Steve

I was at a Mini do on Saturday at Castle Combe. The weather was really crap so we decided to head off into Calne to find the Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum. What a great little experience that is... All sorts of mainly British cars & bikes, loads of memorabilia too.

My fav shot from there:

DSCF0492 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I’ll have to put this place on my list. Looks interesting. I love old bikes.

This is mad there are XC 50-230mm II on sale on fleabay for £120 new.

At this pricing I can't resist can I?

This is mad there are XC 50-230mm II on sale on fleabay for £120 new.

At this pricing I can't resist can I?

eglobal central sells these at that sort of price - I got one with the Hoya filter included for not much more.

I guess @Dave70D will know just where this snap was taken.
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of a guy with his Hardpan/Cupola/Pantam and a Didgeridoo doing a bit of street playing.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Hardpan/Cupola/Pantam Muso-03332
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I would say, it is the Pavilion gardens as I have taken some photos of him too. Very nice image too George.

Back