The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I would say, it is the Pavilion gardens as I have taken some photos of him too. Very nice image too George.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

“Got it in one”:)

George.

Another snap that I guess @Dave70D will know just where it was taken.:)
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of some people enjoying a ride on a Water Shute.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-200.

Water Shute-03341
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Great shot George of The Log Flume on Brighton Pier.

Great shot George of The Log Flume on Brighton Pier.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

“I guess you know your own patch pretty well matey” :)(y)

George.

Whilst I like the shot for composition etc I do think it looks a little over saturated, Here's my one of the same Tree.

View attachment 256598

I like that. The classic composition but the drama in the sky and dark tones make it. Nice one.

I might be off to Wales tomorrow, if I can get out of bed early enough. I need to visit this tree (unless it’s underwater at the minute. :D )

The greens seem quite saturated, but it works for me, lovely
Actually when the greens look too strong, the better option is often to try dialling back saturation on the yellows. I would certainly give that a go here, nice shot though it is already.

Even when I used to shoot with Fuji film, the greens were always saturated. It's like a Fuji trademark :)

Even when I used to shoot with Fuji film, the greens were always saturated. It's like a Fuji trademark :)
Well that may be, but if you take that picture and dial back the saturation of the greens to nothing, the image will hardly change. It's the yellows that are saturated. Try it and see!

Sounds good enough for my needs, I feel the equipment snobbishness coming up in me but I doubt I'll use it much other than on my few trips a year so should be fine for my needs.

I'll go park camera to give it a spin.
Turned up this morning, great service, kept informed all the way.
Tiny little thing, hope to give it a tryout tomorrow.

Well that may be, but if you take that picture and dial back the saturation of the greens to nothing, the image will hardly change. It's the yellows that are saturated. Try it and see!

Not arguing with you Dave, in fact I often wind back the yellows & greens in some of my wildlife shots as they are just a bit too much. I was merely pointing out that it's a characteristic of Fuji, digital or film, they are the kings of green (or would that be Green Kings? in which case, mine's a pint :D).

Not arguing with you Dave, in fact I often wind back the yellows & greens in some of my wildlife shots as they are just a bit too much. I was merely pointing out that it's a characteristic of Fuji, digital or film, they are the kings of green (or would that be Green Kings? in which case, mine's a pint :D).

I find with Fuji files that reds are the trickiest to tame. Sometimes it can be hard to maintain detail in heavy red colour areas without a lot of adjustment to reds and oranges

That's very nice - which camera were you using Andrew?

EDIT: See now it's an X-T10

Last edited:
Another one then:-

St Mawes Panorama by Andrew R, on Flickr

A two image stitch-up - X-Pro1 & XC 50-230

Very Nice, it is unusual to see many longer focal length stitched panoramas, but for greater detail still, and for a slightly less letter box view, you could have set the lens more at the tele end, and stitched four Portrait shots rather than two landscape ones.

Last edited:
Very Nice, it is unusual to see many longer focal length stitched panoramas, but for greater detail still, and for a slightly less letter box view, you cold have set the lens more at the tele end, and stitched four Portrait shots rather than two landscape ones.

Unfortunately Terry, as is mostly the case, there was a row of houses in the foreground and there was no alternative to a landscape shot

For those who own (or have owned) a 55-200. Could you give me some pro`s and con`s in real world shooting please. I`m looking for a little more reach, as my longest other than the macro, is 56mm, It won`t be used too often, but for the odd time I fancy shooting some critters, it would come in handy. The big boy lenses are out of reach for the amount of use it`ll be getting. Plus I want to keep the weight down ;)

TIA (y)
With an extension tube its great for closeups

View attachment 254284
Wow that's amazing!

Where can I find this extension tube if you don't mind me asking?

Wow that's amazing!

Well I got a set of "Pixco" tubes from fleabay, they were only about ten bucks and work a real treat.

George.

Sounds good enough for my needs, I feel the equipment snobbishness coming up in me but I doubt I'll use it much other than on my few trips a year so should be fine for my needs.

I'll go park camera to give it a spin.
As above, it turned up yesterday but unfortunately no time to use it. Took it to the carpark today and shot a few number plates and some nuts and bolt, nothing really telling but well pleased with the results thus far, possibly a bit more contrast would be nice, easily rectified in PPing but it might just be my monitor (laptop). All in all very pleased, does what I need, gives me an option for a longer lens without masses of weight or price, feels nice and solid and lengthens on zooming, which I like, so it's compact on minimum focal length and supportable on the longer lengths, easier to support when zoomed out by the extension rather than the main body. Doesnt over balance the body at full extension. Well worth the money.

Wow that's amazing!

I started with some cheap ones off Amazon but ended Up buying the original Fuji ones since I chickened out of trusting the plastic stuff with my 100-400mm

Stroll along Sandown beach yesterday morning. Very blue skies and the crane which is building a premier inn on the sea front stood out. A view from under the pier walkway with the crane in the background. Very bright blue sky, Blue slider pulled back in C1 gave the almost pure black sky.

XT3 23mm 1.4

Pier and Crane by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back