The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Has anyone any experience with either the Meike 12mm or 7 artisans 12mm on fuji? They are both considerably cheaper than the samyang but I’m wary of the Amazon reviews. It’s all too easy to buy good reviews these days.
At just over £100 on Amazon they are worth a punt and send back if no good, but just curious for any real world usage.

Love those captures Ian -- wOw.

So what's Hong Kong like....?....must be a vast size for sure. A place we'd love to visit some day.

Peter
Well I was lucky and didn't see any of the protesting though my friends in HK, even those not very supportive of the protestors, are very upset by the police actions. But besides that, I thought HK was fantastic. Very lively, very entrepreneurial, stunning scenery and amazingly good food. Downtown is as densely populated as can be but there are acres of wilderness 15 minutes away. Well worth a visit in more tranquil times.

Last edited:
Some shots from a day in Brugge. More images on my blog (www.kriskarl.com/blog)
Brugge-24.jpg

Brugge-25.jpg

Brugge-13.jpg

Brugge-20.jpg

Last edited:
Our nearest "big" town is Warminster, it's a 15 minute drive, but who cares when you get views like this?

clouds01 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

clouds 2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

One of the reasons we moved away from London was to have a bit of "space" on our doorstep.

There is an even better view which I have been planning to shoot but I think I need access to a farm to do it, so more investigation is needed.

Had Hospital appointment for most of the day, I brought with me the (stealth set-up) X-E1 with XF27 just in case something cropped up, I'd a few hours in between appointments and went for a walk and found this, nothing special...

Floral by APM Photography, on Flickr

XE1 | XF27 | F2.8 | 1/500 | iso 400

Last edited:
I've decided that as the returns are so low at present, I'll stick with one T3 and the pair of T2 bodies. I may decided to do a deal with them for an H1 at some point, or a used T3 in the future.

I just can't see the point of selling them for *rap money when they are still an excellent camera.

I've decided that as the returns are so low at present, I'll stick with one T3 and the pair of T2 bodies. I may decided to do a deal with them for an H1 at some point, or a used T3 in the future.

I just can't see the point of selling them for *rap money when they are still an excellent camera.
That makes sense for sure. The H1 is a great camera as is the T3, but I can't see the point is losing money to go with the H1 unless you really need the IBIS or were buying one without already having a T3 or even T2.

Well, never using camera jungle again..

I ordered the xe1 and lens on Monday. Hadn’t heard anything so emailed today asking about it and was told there was a glitch on the website where some things listed as available weren’t and they’d cancelled any orders that included those items.. they just hadn’t actually bothered to tell anyone who’s order was cancelled.
The website still lists both items I ordered as in stock so I asked if they could activate the order again, to which they replied the items aren’t in stock still despite showing they are.. great.
So don’t buy anything from there if you actually want to receive it, cos who knows what stock they actually have available to buy.
And we wonder why their parent company Jessops is going down the pan again..

I ordered the xe1 and lens on Monday. Hadn’t heard anything so emailed today asking about it and was told there was a glitch on the website where some things listed as available weren’t and they’d cancelled any orders that included those items.. they just hadn’t actually bothered to tell anyone who’s order was cancelled.
The website still lists both items I ordered as in stock so I asked if they could activate the order again, to which they replied the items aren’t in stock still despite showing they are.. great.
So don’t buy anything from there if you actually want to receive it, cos who knows what stock they actually have available to buy.
WEX have been really good as far as I am concerned, ordered an X-E2 last Saturday (late) arrived yesterday, great condition for the price (£150 incl postage). I think they still have others available.

Last edited:

I had to do same when I bought the Fuji 50F2 couple months back, the one I selected was boxed and 'mint' - there was another at the time without a box. No sign of it gone to a 'delivered' state after a few days so I mailed them - got a similar response, there was a mix up somewhere on the order [i.e, they no longer had the one I selected] - but they would sort it asap - in fairness they did, and 2 days later I received a perfectly minty, boxed lens. But if I'd not mailed them I would have been waiting

I will say though, when they do get it right, their gear really does come as described, anything I've bought from there, inc my X-H1 and 16mm 1.4, have been in good as new condition. I even bought a lens that was in 'well used' condition a while back, a Canon 85 1.8 that was going dirt cheap with a further 15% off, and I would have put it's condition as very good. Not a mark on it.

I’ve given them a second chance and reordered the xe1 along with a 16-50.
I did say to them I’d keep the order if they switched the lens to the 16-50, but they just replied order cancelled..

For the sake of £10 difference, you’d think they would just switch lenses out of goodwill.

Wex are good, just too expensive. The cheapest xe1 is £128 with a scratched sensor.

I’ve given them a second chance and reordered the xe1 along with a 16-50.
I did say to them I’d keep the order if they switched the lens to the 16-50, but they just replied order cancelled..

For the sake of £10 difference, you’d think they would just switch lenses out of goodwill.

Wex are good, just too expensive. The cheapest xe1 is £128 with a scratched sensor.
Mine was virtually mint for £150 plus a 2nd hand card that was in fact new.

The xe1 on CJ is under £100 described as good condition. Not worried about it being mint as it’s likely to get a bit scratched any way
That’s of course if it actually turns up.

My decision was made due to the number of superb shots that @macvisual has posted using the X-Pro 1. I think it will complement the T3 and H1 nicely.
I'm blushing Rick, very kind of you to say so -- appreciated. I love the shape/styling/design of the X-Pro series -- iconic..!!

Peter

Needs colour, Rick! You can't have a whisky without that lovely golden colour (I assume it is)
I agree 100%, but unfortunately I am out of whisky at the moment, hence the mono :D

Here is the colour version...

DSCF3176 copy by rick phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well it does beg the question - 'What is street photography?' - as it can be interpreted in many ways. Architecture could be deemed street, it doesn't have to include people. We have just become accustomed to relating people to street. Where often it is the surroundings that matter just as much. Take a shot of some interesting graffiti for example, no people, just a wall with that graffiti on, we could call it urban or street easily

This one isnt a fuji image, its from my Nikon days, but its my street style.
DSC_4445 Cardiff Grafitti by Andrew Wright, on Flickr

Found this digital file on an external HHD of my friends wedding in 2014.
I think the X-Pro1 and XF35/1.4 are exquisite together, painterly effect.....magical colours.

Happy

Happy by APM Photography, on Flickr

XP1 | XF35/1.4 | F2.8 | 1/350 | iso 400

Found this digital file on an external HHD of my friends wedding in 2014.
I think the X-Pro1 and XF35/1.4 are exquisite together, painterly effect.....magical colours.

Happy

Happy by APM Photography, on Flickr

XP1 | XF35/1.4 | F2.8 | 1/350 | iso 400
You see Peter, that is just the sort of image I was talking about yesterday. Though I don't have a 35mm prime, the 56 will have to do :)

You see Peter, that is just the sort of image I was talking about yesterday. Though I don't have a 35mm prime, the 56 will have to do :)
Rick, there's no other camera/lens setup I know that can deliver these beautiful images. My photo above has got a lovely richness to it.......God bless that X-Pro1 sensor, Fuji got it so right.

Peter

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of using an X-pro1 with a lens that has no aperture ring, i.e. Is it easy, what settings, if any, need to be changed? I realise that the firmware should be updated to the latest version.

Cheers

Rick, there's no other camera/lens setup I know that can deliver these beautiful images. My photo above has got a lovely richness to it.......God bless that X-Pro1 sensor, Fuji got it so right.

Peter
Having looked into a comparison between Xpro1 and X-e2/x-t10 I see the pro1 has a 1st gen sensor as opposed to a 2nd gen sensor, who you say the 2nd gen sensor is inferior?
Not being confrontational just interested if that's your view and why.
Matt

Back