The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Had a nice day out in Wales yesterday. Driving past Llyn Dinas, the nicely lit trees across the lake caught my eye. Luckily there was a stopping place near by. :)

Lakeside
by Jason, on Flickr

Lakeside
by Jason, on Flickr

Two "Excellent" landscape style Fujigraphs, with good comp' & some beautiful colours.

George.

Last edited:
"HEADS UP"

"FUJIFILM House Of Photography", opens 11am Tuesday 3rd December 2019 at Covent Garden, 8-9 Long Acre, WC2.

"With goodie bags for first 100 through the door"

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at The South Bank London UK of a guy making some coffee from his mobile wagon.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/60th @ F5.6, ISO-640, Handheld.

The Coffee Maker-03349
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Very nicely taken image George, think it goes great in mono.

Managed to get out again today, made sure I was wrapped up well in the cold then popped in to The Collanade in town. Plus it`s my take on the weekly 52 for environment. X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4.

The Collanade by Dave, on Flickr

Managed to get out again today, made sure I was wrapped up well in the cold then popped in to The Collanade in town. Plus it`s my take on the weekly 52 for environment. X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4.

Very nice shots there Dave, great to see you out and about. I am selling my 100-400 and am tempted to go for the 16 1.4 to complement the H1 and XP2.

Very nice shots there Dave, great to see you out and about. I am selling my 100-400 and am tempted to go for the 16 1.4 to complement the H1 and XP2.

Thanks Rick, funny thing is I did not want to go out in the cold but my head was telling me too as when it`s not chucking it down I`m slowly getting out for small walks. I might be visting Wex very soon too oooops :D

Lovely take with the B&W suiting it sooo well. Just looking at the photo makes me want a coffee!!!

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Very nice Fujigraph, really love the presentation of #1, reminds me of an old western movies bar room.

"I'd be interested to know just how you got the effect in #1 and what software you used"

George.

Very nice Fujigraph, really love the presentation of #1, reminds me of an old western movies bar room.

"I'd be interested to know just how you got the effect in #1 and what software you used"

George.

Thank you George for the nice words. In C1 I edited it to Acros then in Affinity Photo using Nik Collection Silver Effects 2 and the first preset.

Thank you George for the nice words. In C1 I edited it to Acros then in Affinity Photo using Nik Collection Silver Effects 2 and the first preset.

Many thanks for that Dave much appreciated, I also use Affinity Photo but didn't know things like the "Nik Collection Silver Effects 2" could be added to it as a plug-in. I'm really very impressed with that presentation (obviously for the right kinda subject). I'll certainly give it a look.

George.

Last edited:
Many thanks for that Dave much appreciated, I also use Affinity Photo but didn't know things like the "Nik Collection Silver Effects 2" could be added to it as a plug-in. I'll certainly give it a look.

George.

Your more than welcome George, it took me quite a while on how to get the plugins to come up in Affinity Photo. The hardest ones were Topaz but in the end I got three of those to work.

I've hopped on this particular GAS/insanity carousel before and hopped back off before I could get my card out, but with Black Friday looming again I'm back on and my brain is spinning away once more!

I have a Sony A7riii that I'm fairly happy with but ergos, menus, sealing and just..... a feeling I can't put in to words makes me crave a Fuji. Either the XT3 or XH1. As someone who shoots mainly landscape and for city walkabout, am I mad? Has anyone made the same jump? Regrets of affirmation of the decision? I don't print bigger than A3 so I'm thinking the resolution loss would be outweigh by the benefits.

Also the trade in and purchase of the body and Tamron 28-75 should get my most of the way to a pre-owned Fuji body with 16-55 and 55-140. Both of which look bloody wonderful.

Cheers,

Pete

I’ve not switched from Somy, as never got on with the user interface, but happy I switched from full frame Canon.

I've hopped on this particular GAS/insanity carousel before and hopped back off before I could get my card out, but with Black Friday looming again I'm back on and my brain is spinning away once more!

I have a Sony A7riii that I'm fairly happy with but ergos, menus, sealing and just..... a feeling I can't put in to words makes me crave a Fuji. Either the XT3 or XH1. As someone who shoots mainly landscape and for city walkabout, am I mad? Has anyone made the same jump? Regrets of affirmation of the decision? I don't print bigger than A3 so I'm thinking the resolution loss would be outweigh by the benefits.

Also the trade in and purchase of the body and Tamron 28-75 should get my most of the way to a pre-owned Fuji body with 16-55 and 55-140. Both of which look bloody wonderful.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I sold all my full frame Nikon gear, (D750 plus lenses), to join the Fuji club, an XT2, 16-55 and 55-200. I’d actually grown to really dislike my Nikon stuff in the last few months of ownership, primarily due to the weight and bulk of it all. I had a play around with an Xt3 in Jessops and really enjoyed the physical controls and more discreet and light camera.

I only print 16x12 so no issues with pixel count. I decided on the XT2 rather than the ..3 as the price was/is a bargain imho. I’m only a hobby ‘tog so a little bit of a reality check came into play - I don’t need the latest and greatest.

Am I happy? Absolutely. Downsides? The AF on the XT2 isn’t as good as the Nikon but focus peaking makes MF a breeze on the one or two occasions I’ve had issue. As a landscape tog I’ve decided that Fuji files are better handled by Capture One than Adobe products. That’s just my opinion though, others will be happy with Adobe.

In short, I enjoy using the Fuji. It makes a world of difference to a day‘s photography.

Last edited:
I took the new, to me, X-Pro1 out this afternoon, to a local lake. I'm really pleased with how it peforms and the XC16-50 lens is lovely. I was a bit worried as I made a cheeky offer on the body on eBay (£170) and won it. But, i've uodated the firmware and the body is in nearly mint condition.

Here's one of my first images ...

Beautiful image

Hi Pete,

I sold all my full frame Nikon gear, (D750 plus lenses), to join the Fuji club, an XT2, 16-55 and 55-200. I’d actually grown to really dislike my Nikon stuff in the last few months of ownership, primarily due to the weight and bulk of it all. I had a play around with an Xt3 in Jessops and really enjoyed the physical controls and more discreet and light camera.

I only print 16x12 so no issues with pixel count. I decided on the XT2 rather than the ..3 as the price was/is a bargain imho. I’m only a hobby ‘tog so a little bit of a reality check came into play - I don’t need the latest and greatest.

Am I happy? Absolutely. Downsides? The AF on the XT2 isn’t as good as the Nikon but focus peaking makes MF a breeze on the one or two occasions I’ve had issue. As a landscape tog I’ve decided that Fuji files are better handled by Capture One than Adobe products. That’s just my opinion though, others will be happy with Adobe.

In short, I enjoy using the Fuji. It makes a world of difference to a day‘s photography.

I have to say, weight was the main reason I sold my D750 and lenses to finance my Fuji Xt3. Really glad I did it now, so much less editing, some cons, mainly todo with the size of the screen, but lots of pro’s. Generally very pleasedwith the XT3

Last edited:
Does anyone here subscribe to the Fujilove magazine, if so, is it worth the $9.95 a month?

The light to the front and the formation and darkening of the clouds over the mountains give the image an almost 3D depth, I would definitely print that one up and hang it

Here's another from my hike on Dartmoor last weekend, this grey and dreary weather that we're having at the moment is just so dull, so having these autumn colours to look at is very welcome!

X-Pro1. XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II lens, f11, 1/90, 16mm, ISO 200

Here's another from my hike on Dartmoor last weekend, this grey and dreary weather that we're having at the moment is just so dull, so having these autumn colours to look at is very welcome!

X-Pro1. XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II lens, f11, 1/90, 16mm, ISO 200

I like that you used more foreground as unfortunately the sky wasn't too interesting for you, very nice shot and good decision I think - very nice contrast and definition across the rocks. Looks like the 16-50 can certainly hold it's own for landscape

Last edited:
So would it be appropriate to say hello here and declare myself the owner of an X-T3 + 10-24 as of today?
I searched the owners threads and linky to X-T1/2/3/10 thread seems damaged...

Back