The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I don't "need" any glass, but they are all lenses/focal lengths that I currently use and would like to continue using. 10-24mm and 18-55mm for landscapes, 35mm f1.4 for car events and puppy portraits, 56mm f1.2 for portraits, 50-140mm for sports, and 100-400mm for sports and wildlife. I'm sure I could 'cope' without having them all, and I did question whether I needed the 10-24mm, but most of my favourite landscape photos are taken with the Nikon 18-35mm at 18mm
Sell the lot chap..... :D

Well I don't "need" any glass, but they are all lenses/focal lengths that I currently use and would like to continue using. 10-24mm and 18-55mm for landscapes, 35mm f1.4 for car events and puppy portraits, 56mm f1.2 for portraits, 50-140mm for sports, and 100-400mm for sports and wildlife. I'm sure I could 'cope' without having them all, and I did question whether I needed the 10-24mm, but most of my favourite landscape photos are taken with the Nikon 18-35mm at 18mm.
I'd be surprised if the X-T3 didn't fall a bit further. Currently £865 grey, not sure how quickly grey prices will fall for the X-T4?
The difference will still stay the same imo, why discount further when one has IBIS and one doesn't ? I think the two cameras will sell side by side personally rather than the XT-3 being discontinued.

The difference will still stay the same imo, why discount further when one has IBIS and one doesn't ? I think the two cameras will sell side by side personally rather than the XT-3 being discontinued.
And what will happen to the X-H line mmmmmm.
They have discontinued the X-H1 :eek:

I just think that older models always reduce in price when a new model comes out. IBIS is a good reason why price would come down, if the difference between the X-T3 and X-T4 isn't much then why would you buy the X-T3 when the X-T4 has IBIS and other improvements? IMO they would have to reduce the price of the X-T3 to keep people buying it (y)

I just think that older models always reduce in price when a new model comes out. IBIS is a good reason why price would come down, if the difference between the X-T3 and X-T4 isn't much then why would you buy the X-T3 when the X-T4 has IBIS and other improvements? IMO they would have to reduce the price of the X-T3 to keep people buying it (y)
I think Fuji will reduce the price on the X-T3 and keep it on-sale along side the X-T4.
The X-T bodies are no longer made in Japan :( so the margins are bigger for them.

Because as i've already said I think the XT-4 will be £400-500 more so not close at all

I sold my xt2 and a few lenses to pay for a garage to studio conversion and thought I'd miss it with 'only' the xt20 and a couple of lenses left. It's mainly school stuff and some baby stuff i shoot and haven't bothered to buy another xt2 as the xt20 does exactly what i require from it.
Likewise, I dropped out of this a long time ago - just picked up an X-T20 for just £299 from the Refurb Store - perfectly good enough for my needs.

Because as i've already said I think the XT-4 will be £400-500 more so not close at all
Ahh sorry, I misunderstood. We'll have to wait and see, but I still think they'll add and extra incentive to buy the X-T3, even if it's a free grip or something.

Fuji X100V ....... :p

Nah, I`m not too keen on fixed lens, and the rangefinder format ;)

Trouble is, is that I`m happy with my T2. Do I need a 2nd body? No not really, as for me it`s just a hobby ... But. Also I`ve never really been a fan of zooms, and although a friend brought a 16-55 to CC last night (which is a nice bit of glass), damn it`s a lump. Possible shift my 55-200 and go for the bazooka ;) I dunno, questions, questions.

Last edited:
Nah, I`m not too keen on fixed lens, and the rangefinder format ;)

Trouble is, is that I`m happy with my T2. Do I need a 2nd body? No not really, as for me it`s just a hobby ... But. Also I`ve never really been a fan of zooms, and although a friend brought a 16-55 to CC last night (which is a nice bit of glass), damn it`s a lump. Possible shift my 55-200 and go for the bazooka ;) I dunno, questions, questions.

Mmmmm stick with the X-T2 if your happy, avoid GAS :D

I sold my xt2 and a few lenses to pay for a garage to studio conversion and thought I'd miss it with 'only' the xt20 and a couple of lenses left. It's mainly school stuff and some baby stuff i shoot and haven't bothered to buy another xt2 as the xt20 does exactly what i require from it.

What lenses did you pair with the X-T20?

Likewise, I dropped out of this a long time ago - just picked up an X-T20 for just £299 from the Refurb Store - perfectly good enough for my needs.

I’ve done the same a few days ago, love my Nikon Z6 but the size of the lenses aren’t exactly small. Picked up a T20 and 18-55 for when I want a light package.

Just got myself the Fuji 35mm f1.4 lens to go with mt X-T20. It makes some strange noises but it seems that its well reported that its the aperture blades chattering/moving to keep the exposure constant in the viewfinder/screen.
One thing I have noticed though, its stunningly sharp, even wide open @ f1.4. Not had a chance to try it in daylight yet but I think I'll have to be careful not to cut myself with it if I stop down a little. ;)

Just got myself the Fuji 35mm f1.4 lens to go with mt X-T20. It makes some strange noises but it seems that its well reported that its the aperture blades chattering/moving to keep the exposure constant in the viewfinder/screen.
One thing I have noticed though, its stunningly sharp, even wide open @ f1.4. Not had a chance to try it in daylight yet but I think I'll have to be careful not to cut myself with it if I stop down a little. ;)

Some say it's noisy, never really noticed on mine. And yes, like all the f1.4 series, it's quite sharp wide open.

After buying a new X100F & selling it about 6 months later i,m very happy with my X-T3 now.:banana:
I suppose fixed lenses suit some people but it didn,t me,won,t be going down that route again.:)

Mine 'chattered' too, perfectly normal from what I read (y)

Has anyone tried the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 on Fuji? What's your thoughts on rendering, and how easy is it to focus? Which focus method did you use?

I had my first day out shooting with my new-to-me X-T1 - my first dip into Fujifilmland. I just had the XC 15-45 cheapie attached, so the afternoon was about camera handling while I wait for my first XF lens (23mm/f2).

First impression: great - I love the EVF display over the Sony A6500. The focus+DoF display is super useful, although I gather that many people say it's inaccurate. For me, the actual distances do not matter - the visual indication of how much DoF there is in-front/behind the subject is brilliant. Some reviews said the X-T1's buttons were a bit hard to press, but I haven't had a problem.

The shutter-speed dial is not quite as ergonomically placed as I'd hoped, but maybe I'll get used to it. And the EV Comp dial is stiffer than I like (I've been spoiled by the A7ii's near-perfect feel for that one).

I got home late last night, so have not yet had the chance to pixel-peep the results. More later...

I used my X100F for the first time last night, at a relatively low light indoors family meal, and have both positive and negative feelings. As a quick summary, versus the RX1 I swapped for it;

Positives:

- Autofocus is definitely faster.
- The lager body feels more ergonomic generally.
- The layout of the buttons/dials is more comfortable and pretty easy to reach
- Wireless image transfer is useful for sharing images (my RX1 mk1 didn't have that but my A7 does so I'd got used to it)

Negatives:

- The quality of the EVF feels lower versus the RX1. Refresh rate is ok but overall resolution feels lower.
- OVF feels a little gimmicky, at least until I get used to the parallax correction aids which still don't seem to match up entirely with the composition (regardless of focus distance).
- The RX1 body is smaller but didn't feel, to me at least, that it needed a grip whereas I find the X100F feels like it does even though the overall body design is nicer.
- Image output is good but shows obvious difference between crop/full frame (as expected) and the lens on the RX1 is noticeably better wide open.
- Wireless image transfer is pretty slow and the app feels a bit less polished than the Sony Imaging Edge app.

These are just early thoughts, from the first time I've used it in what will be a common situation, so I'm sure a few of them will be resolved the more I use it. At the moment, I still really like the overall camera and haven't ruled out an X100V in the future (assuming I can get some hands on at The Photography Show).

Back