The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

"Excellent" Fujigraph, I don't know how you do half of these presentations mate, but they sure do work for me.

George.

Thank you, George. Much appreciated (y)

It`s actually not that hard. Mostly trial and error, until it looks kinda ok ;)

Well, I am lens-less for the first time in quite a while. Sold the 16mm for what I paid for it, now I'm deciding whether to try another system [probably Sony] if I can sell the H1, or .... just stick with and try some other lenses. Had a bit of a mojo nose-dive and hadn't really used the gear in weeks outside of some family photos. I find when this happens, every year or two, a change helps a bit. Camera is up for sale locally and I did put a trade thread in classified here, but nobody is biting ... so it could be the new lens route. I do fancy trying the 35 1.4 again, I think that and the 90mm or something more budget friendly like the Viltrox 85 1.8 could be a nice pair.

Well, I am lens-less for the first time in quite a while. Sold the 16mm for what I paid for it, now I'm deciding whether to try another system [probably Sony] if I can sell the H1, or .... just stick with and try some other lenses. Had a bit of a mojo nose-dive and hadn't really used the gear in weeks outside of some family photos. I find when this happens, every year or two, a change helps a bit. Camera is up for sale locally and I did put a trade thread in classified here, but nobody is biting ... so it could be the new lens route. I do fancy trying the 35 1.4 again, I think that and the 90mm or something more budget friendly like the Viltrox 85 1.8 could be a nice pair.
I love the 35 1.4, and I have also started using the 90 a bit more again, the 90 in the right circumstances is a superb lens. I am going to be pairing the 35 with my new X-Pro 1 as I think they should produce some great images together. The X-Pro 1 is certainly a different animal to any of my other cameras, it makes you think about your shots much more, and I am finding I like that. The AF-C is next to useless, but I have other cameras if I need that. Maybe trying something like that would help refresh your mojo?

I love the 35 1.4, and I have also started using the 90 a bit more again, the 90 in the right circumstances is a superb lens. I am going to be pairing the 35 with my new X-Pro 1 as I think they should produce some great images together. The X-Pro 1 is certainly a different animal to any of my other cameras, it makes you think about your shots much more, and I am finding I like that. The AF-C is next to useless, but I have other cameras if I need that. Maybe trying something like that would help refresh your mojo?

#I had that very combination in the past :) I loved he output from the pro 1 but didn't get on with the ergonomics. Often wished it had a flip LCD and I much prefer central evf

The Viltrox is a nice lens for the price. Happy with mine and the Fuji 35mm f1.4 is cracker.

What is everyone’s thoughts on the xt30 vs xt3? I’m either looking at a used xt3 or new xt30 both with an xf18-55. If I’ve put this posting the wrong place please direct me where to post. Thanks everyone.

What is everyone’s thoughts on the xt30 vs xt3? I’m either looking at a used xt3 or new xt30 both with an xf18-55. If I’ve put this posting the wrong place please direct me where to post. Thanks everyone.
Just recently been contemplating these myself. The X-T30 is great but if you try them side by side then the X-T3 is better in every regard apart from weight.

Just recently been contemplating these myself. The X-T30 is great but if you try them side by side then the X-T3 is better in every regard apart from weight.

Yeah, pretty much this - I would rather opt for a used T3 over a new T30, but I don't care too much about size, once you stick larger lenses on there's little difference. Better to have the better performing camera if you're talking similar prices. Unless size is a major factor [for travel or whatever] I'd definitely go T3

Size isn’t an issue at all really. I’m after a camera for product photography mainly with nature/ macro on the side. It’s the more analogue feel I’m after. I loved my old film Nikon slr and never really gelled with my Sony A350 rig. It’s interesting to hear the xt3 is that much better then the xt30 but is a bit heavier and bigger. Any other Fuji’s that be be worth a look?

I had an X T-30 at first, got it at the start of the year. It was so streets ahead of my previous camera, that for a while it was beyond criticism. However, the tilting screen limitations compared to the X T-3, and the fact that everything seemed to fit a smaller hand than mine, and occasionally random buttons seemed to inexplicably get pressed, meant I traded it in against a second hand X T3. Which I like very much indeed, and fits, and is ergonomically spot on.
I found no difference I could distinguish between image quality on the two.
But the X T3 is just a much more satisfactory tool to use.

Last edited:
Would you think the size is the main difference? With the function being affected more so then a change in image clarity etc ?

Would you think the size is the main difference? With the function being affected more so then a change in image clarity etc ?

The X-T3 has a better viewfinder and weather sealing, The image quality is basically the same as the X-T3.

I have the X-T30. I bought it as a second camera to carry for travel and to back up my other cameras which are a bit less versatile. It's a very good bit of kit.. The size can become an issue if you attach larger lenses - in my view the 18-55 is a good match for it but the F1.4 primes and heavier zooms result in a a combined package where at times the X-T30 can feel a bit small to hold and carry comfortably in one hand. This is where the X-T3 and X-H1 have a physical advantage in handling - but of course lose out in terms of compactness.

With the 18-55 the X-T30 makes a great kit to travel with or carry all day. Prices at the moment on the X-T30 make it great value.

These are lovely, so vivid and full of life :) lovely doggy too
She is a lovely dog, a rescue dog who has now landed on her feet! She's 11 months old and so fast and full of energy. Had her a couple of weeks now, and can't imagine being without her.

Last edited:
They have no wheels because...one day I met the guy who de - wheels them, called John. His hobby is collecting quarry artifacts, and he collects the wheels and makes reproduction trucks. The truck in front of Llanberis Spar is his work. I only know of a couple of trucks in obscure places now that retain their wheels, he's been pretty thorough.
This wheel was retrieved from 70 feet underwater in Vivien Quarry by divers. Great colours from the accretions of oxidation.

Wheel
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

It just down to your preference really, the IQ and af are for all purposes the same. If size or the price isn't an issue go with the xt3.
Personally I have both and 90% ov the time i pick up the xt30.
Don't forget the LCD screen on the xt3 flips out in portrait orientation while the xt30 doesn't, they both do in landscape orientation.

In terms of sensor and AF performance they're the same, what the X-T3 offers is a bigger and crisper EVF, weather sealing, better handling (for just about everybody) and more analogue control as it has an ISO dial and metering dial which the X-T30 lacks.

Size isn’t an issue at all really. I’m after a camera for product photography mainly with nature/ macro on the side. It’s the more analogue feel I’m after. I loved my old film Nikon slr and never really gelled with my Sony A350 rig. It’s interesting to hear the xt3 is that much better then the xt30 but is a bit heavier and bigger. Any other Fuji’s that be be worth a look?

Dont discount the XT2. At current prices, new or used, an absolute bargain.

As already been mentioned if you don't need the better af in the XT-3 have a look at the XT-2 or xt-20 both a great buy used.

Last edited:
I went for a used XT20 as I wanted something cheapish and small to attach to my telescope and use as a travel camera as opposed to the great lump the 5D3 is, tbh I take the Fuji out with me all the time now. I have a grip on it to make handling a bit better for my large(ish) male hands and whilst the 5D3 fits better the lower weight of the Fuji makes for a nicer experience. IQ wise I am very impressed, recovery of an under exposed Jpg seems really good and 8000 iso doesnt seem to affect the photos too much, but again I guess the expectations are a little lower with the Fuji as it's not FF and I'm not using it for sport, bif etc, it's just my go anywhere camera. I also have an XE2 if rangefinder style is your thing and it too is excellent at what it does. I only have XC lenses, again to keep the weight/costs down and they seem very good, a step up from Canon consumer lenses but build quaity less robust than L series at a much lower price of course and perfectly adequte for amateur snappers :)

Last edited:
X-Pro3 16mm f1.4 @f4
Having a bit of fun with in camera Raw conversion.
Acros R
Daylight White Balance
Highlights, Shadows, Sharpness and Clarity all +2
Monochromatic Colour adjustment WC:1 MG:0

Convert-trial1 by Trevor, on Flickr

And for reference, the jpg as shot in Acros R
From Camera acros R jpg.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Back