The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yikes ! $329 for a man bag
Yeah and then add a whopping £86 approx on top for UK Custom's Import Duties... which I didnt factor in.
Oh well... have to admit, it really is a quality bag... I wonder if its made from swine or cow hide mmmm :D lol

Yeah and then add a whopping £86 approx on top for UK Custom's Import Duties... which I didnt factor in.
Oh well... have to admit, it really is a quality bag... I wonder if its made from swine or cow hide mmmm :D lol
At that price it must be made from hand stitched shrew scrotums !

Took advantage of it not raining for a change and headed out on the Suzuki for a short fifteen mile run (it's first run out since just before Xmas), very enjoyable indeed but quite chilly alright..! Couldn't believe the brilliant sunshine and general dry weather, quite a lot of road salt still about...

Parked up with Wallace Monument on the horizon;

VStrom Thou by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E2 -- XF27 -- iso 400 -- @ f/7.1 -- 1/640th

mac
At first glance I thought it was Scrabo tower lol

Lmao :D yeah ...... it's done now and I shouldn't need a bag for a good many many years... sold off a few of my older ones which has soften the blow as I am terrible for keeping stuff.

If you like the almost rangefinder handling of the X-Pro series, go for one of them but IME the X-Ts are faster to use (if that makes any sense!) I still use an X-Pro 1 as my wide angle carrier (although that duty might fall to the X-T1 soon) with longer zooms being on a pair of X-Ts (1 & 2). Might shift everything along a spot so the long lens is on the (fresh) X-H 1, freeing up the Pro 1 for primes but I might start looking for a decent macro. Decisions, decisions!

That makes perfect sense, the videos I was watching last night said the same thing. The X Pro being a slower camera but a fulfilling one.

I’m still undecided on what to do but the information I’ve gained in here has been invaluable!

I’m also looking into different Nikon presets for my current camera to do what I want, with some promising leads might I add. One other thing holding me back slightly is my wife has also started using the camera only in the past couple of weeks and is getting to grips with it, she prefers the 50mm focal length and I the 35mm but I probably wouldn’t have the money to buy the 23 and 35 for the Fuji :LOL:

That makes perfect sense, the videos I was watching last night said the same thing. The X Pro being a slower camera but a fulfilling one.

I’m still undecided on what to do but the information I’ve gained in here has been invaluable!

I’m also looking into different Nikon presets for my current camera to do what I want, with some promising leads might I add. One other thing holding me back slightly is my wife has also started using the camera only in the past couple of weeks and is getting to grips with it, she prefers the 50mm focal length and I the 35mm but I probably wouldn’t have the money to buy the 23 and 35 for the Fuji :LOL:

If they are the only two focal lengths you want, then consider an X100V and the TCL adapter

Nope... no Fuji x100V's on the Fuji refurb store..... strangely though they still have the Fuji X100F at £999!!! Eh.
Most places are down to £899 now.
@addicknchips was there anything you disliked about the Fuji X100F you had... you got that a bargain price btw!.

Just bought a H1 and on first impressions it is a big improvement over my previous attempts to get into Fuji mirrorless.

I first bought an X100 classic, then X-T1, then X-E2.

My common complaint with them is the EVF`s are not evolved enough for my liking, the grip and shutter buttons are not to my liking at all and the locking top dials on the X-T1 annoyed me a lot.

The H1 is much more like it I feel, the grip and shutter are a massive improvement, the top dials can be unlocked, it has a joystick thingy which I really like and the top screen I have fallen in love with.

The EVF seems like it is a little better and this camera is certainly more like it IMO,

I really hope they make an X-H2, they need to carry on with this line

Just bought a H1 and on first impressions it is a big improvement over my previous attempts to get into Fuji mirrorless.

I first bought an X100 classic, then X-T1, then X-E2.

My common complaint with them is the EVF`s are not evolved enough for my liking, the grip and shutter buttons are not to my liking at all and the locking top dials on the X-T1 annoyed me a lot.

The H1 is much more like it I feel, the grip and shutter are a massive improvement, the top dials can be unlocked, it has a joystick thingy which I really like and the top screen I have fallen in love with.

The EVF seems like it is a little better and this camera is certainly more like it IMO,

I really hope they make an X-H2, they need to carry on with this line
I like the Fuji X-H1 too, ergonomically it's great.... I am pretty certain we will see a flagship Fuji X-H2 next year with new sensor, shutter, battery etc.
If I have got my thirst for photography back, this would be the body I would go for with the 50mm f1.0 and 90mm f2.0 lenses to begin with. :D lol

Time to pre-order the Fuji X100V then chap :p
The new 23mm f2.0 lens is so sharp you can cut a hippo's hair in half! :D
You really have it in for the beasties ! Shrewskin man bags, now you’re shaving hippos with cameras, what next ? lol

I was joking about the refurbed V’s actually, my puerile attempt at humour

You really have it in for the beasties ! Shrewskin man bags, now you’re shaving hippos with cameras, what next ? lol
:D I dunno..... the excitement is bubbling over... I am stuck in the office over 100 miles away from my Fuji X100V!!! By the time I get home it will be dark! :(
Just look at this sexy "Made in Japan" camera..... ooo laa laa.
fujifilm-x100v.jpg

Last edited:

For that sort of wedge, I'd want Unicorn scrotums.

TBH, it's no more fulfilling than the X-Ts IMO. While the OVF is nice to have, in real life, parallax is not its friend so I end up using the EVF instead. Not sure what the going rate is for an X=Pro 1 these days but I would guess they're not expensive - you could possibly try one and resell it for not much (if any) loss if you don't like it.

Well after much deliberating, I just hit the button on a Refurb H1 kit :)
I am soooooo tempted but it's not what I need right now, it's a cracking camera for the money though.

All the better for testing in Low light and high iso :D
Fair point.... I will give it a go and pick one of the kids as a test subject lol :D

I’d self isolate for 2 weeks, plenty of time to get to know your new love
I wish I could.... just lock myself in the mancave and binge watch movies! :p

Anyone have the 16-80mm I’ve just bought one off the refurb store for an upcoming trip to Valencia. I bought one when it was first released, I didn’t think it was a £769 lens, so I returned it. To be honest I never give it a chance.

I like the Fuji X-H1 too, ergonomically it's great.... I am pretty certain we will see a flagship Fuji X-H2 next year with new sensor, shutter, battery etc.
If I have got my thirst for photography back, this would be the body I would go for with the 50mm f1.0 and 90mm f2.0 lenses to begin with. :D lol

Yeah, its a shame its not been updated yet, not used one but they do look like a nice camera.

Anyone have the 16-80mm I’ve just bought one off the refurb store for an upcoming trip to Valencia. I bought one when it was first released, I didn’t think it was a £769 lens, so I returned it. To be honest I never give it a chance.

@weebleswobble Donna has the lens and is putting out some great images with it.

Yeah, its a shame its not been updated yet, not used one but they do look like a nice camera.
I held one briefly in Harrison's and it reminded me of my old Nikon D7000 which I had many years ago... it just felt right in the hand and I loved the top mount LCD display. I did't bother looking at it further as my heart was set on a Fuji X100V to get me going again. 28mm, 35mm and 50mm focal lengths are covered off with the X100V.
However, even with all the money I have from selling off the Sony gear, I am going to focus on booking a family holiday and some towards a mortgage over-payment. :)
Will see where I stand next year and if I need a ICL body + lenses.

Back