The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can IBIS on the X-H1 introduce motion blur at high shutter speeds, like 1/2500? Do X-H1 shooters toggle IBIS off when shooting in bright situations when the shutter speed is quite high?

Can IBIS on the X-H1 introduce motion blur at high shutter speeds, like 1/2500? Do X-H1 shooters toggle IBIS off when shooting in bright situations when the shutter speed is quite high?

I don't, I leave it on at all times, never had any issues.

When using the X-H1 and filling the frame in portrait resulting in having to use a focus point outside the phase detect area - is this advisable, what's people's experience with this?

Shame its not ff and has a 1.4 lens. Lovely looking camera.

I know, but will work within its limitations, and hopefully it’ll get me back into the swing of things. [emoji4]
Also I have a confession to make, I still have my 3 Sony f1.8 prime lenses lol :eek:

Last edited:
This one was a bit tricky. Not only was the wind strong and gusty with spray and all sorts flying through the air, my tripod wasn't tall enough to get the angle I wanted. So I had to opt for a fast shutter speed, hold the X-T2 as high overhead as I could and compose with the folding screen while being buffeted by Storm Dennis. I got one. Eventually. Probably makes me like it more than I should, but never mind :D

Turbulent
by David Hallett, on Flickr

First few shots.... they were rushed and only had a quick RAW edit via the standard iPad Pro photos app as Darkroom won't open the RAW files!!!! :eek:
49593897562_8efe4523e0_c.jpg

49593646046_d12d654c70_c.jpg

49593658176_bda4437162_c.jpg

First few shots.... they were rushed and only had a quick RAW edit via the standard iPad Pro photos app as Darkroom won't open the RAW files!!!! :eek:
49593897562_8efe4523e0_c.jpg

49593646046_d12d654c70_c.jpg

49593658176_bda4437162_c.jpg

Well for rushed shots I`d be happy as they are nice and sharp. Better just check C1 Pro20 will open the Raw files.

Ok looking back, it appears that even though the RAW files imported across with the JPEGS into my library, the actual files which Apple allowed me to edit as only the JPEGs.
So I guess I will need to get onto Capture One for now.....
Oh and I have sports viewfinder mode enable too, doh!

Last edited:
Glad you're happy with it.

Tried the new film sims yet?

Nope, not tried them yet, it literally was a charge up, take a few photos and post up.
I should have gone to bed a couple of hours ago as up 0530am, that’s if the little one doesn’t wake me up 3-4am like the past 3 nights!!! Eeeeek.
:D

Does anyone here know if einfinity are affected by the postage hold ups? And does it make a difference whether I use their UK or EU site?

Found them on Wex
You should have bought it with the X100V at the same them, as you could have got it for £49.99. (half-price)
However it is just a AR-X100 Adaptor Ring and Fujinon PR49 Protection Filter, so nothing too special and not worth the £99.99 asking price.
I went with the better quality B+W filters and the Fuji AH-X100 Hood Set which includes the AH-X100 too ...... finding just the original hood on its own is difficult. (new).
I will put putting up for sale the AR-X100 soon along with a B+W filter ;) hehe
How are you finding the X100V? Used it yet?

You should have bought it with the X100V at the same them, as you could have got it for £49.99. (half-price)
However it is just a AR-X100 Adaptor Ring and Fujinon PR49 Protection Filter, so nothing too special and not worth the £99.99 asking price.
I went with the better quality B+W filters and the Fuji AH-X100 Hood Set which includes the AH-X100 too ...... finding just the original hood on its own is difficult. (new).

Still waiting to be told it`s shipped.

Does anyone here know if einfinity are affected by the postage hold ups? And does it make a difference whether I use their UK or EU site?

Bought a couple lenses recently. Took a couple days longer than usual.

ooops my bad, I did wonder what the extra £49.99 was :D

Ring WEX up Dave and explain you meant to order the kit as well chances are they will let you have it at £49.99

I have a problem, phoned Wex to check and yes I did order both together but my bank has stopped payment going through, as it`s over a grand coming out of my account have spoken on the phone to the bank and I have to go in for a talk to make sure it`s me who is ordering it :mad:

Back