The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken very late at night at Bourbon Street New Orleans Louisiana USA of a lady artist going about her work.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/15th @ F5.6, ISO-12800, Handheld.

Bourbon Street Artist (New Orleans)-03382
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Visited the 'Kelpies' in Central Scotland (Falkirk) this afternoon, situated close to us. These metal horses are simply HUGE in real life, amazing size....!!
This is an untouched JPEG, no editing. I love the bird on it's ear.

Kelpies by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T2 -- XF55-200 -- @ f/7.1

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken very late at night at Bourbon Street New Orleans Louisiana USA of a lady artist going about her work.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

That's very nice George.... (y)

Does anyone have a discount code for Fujifilm? I’m looking at getting a refurbished and none of the discount codes work? ! Thanks

Does anyone have a discount code for Fujifilm? I’m looking at getting a refurbished and none of the discount codes work? ! Thanks
I bought a refurbished lens from Fuji a few weeks back and they sent me this:
Tell them in person
Tell your friends to enter "Jim Gallaher" when they come to FUJIFILM. If they enter your name when they checkout we’ll give them 5% off.

I bought a refurbished lens from Fuji a few weeks back and they sent me this:
Tell them in person
Tell your friends to enter "Jim Gallaher" when they come to FUJIFILM. If they enter your name when they checkout we’ll give them 5% off.

The coupon code "Jim Gallaher" is not valid.

So as most of you know I’ve had the Medium Format itch for some time, I borrowed a GFX50S+32-64 for 10 days last year (managed not to drop it!), and enjoyed it, but felt it was bit cumbersome, and weighty especially with a couple of lenses. The tiltable EVF was a thing of wonder though, and the output when everything came together sublime.

Since I’ve spent the last 8 weeks at home recovering from a broken ankle, I have done a lot of investigation and research, and when I say a lot, it really has been 'a lot'. For a time I considered a GFX50R (at its currently reduced price) with a GF23mm and GF45mm, these would cover most of my shooting styles, but still it comes with a high price tag, and the one thing niggling away was that although its classed a Medium Format, the sensor isn’t that big, and the bigger sensor, the more of that Medium Format look (as the lens focal lengths used offer compression with still a wide view).

I also spent a lot of time looking at the X100V, and although I will get one in time, it will have to wait. The V is much improved wide open, but around F8 where I do 80%+ of my shooting, its no sharper, so for the moment my battered F stays – my lightweight kit option.

So research turned to medium format film cameras, I also wanted something not too old, and the Fujifilm Rangefinders appealed, some of these were made up into the 21st century (including the GF670 which you still get new copies of around £4K). The later ones possessed Autofocus and even motor film wind (and one even a 4 position zoom lens!), but there have been a lot of instances of electronic circuit boards dying and at present they are not repairable, so I went back a generation for something that was fully manual. At the 645 size, you are into a world of leaky bellows, weak lens mounts, etc.

The more research I did, the bigger I wanted the image, as with the bigger image comes ‘that look’. And nothing in the rangefinder style comes as big as the 690 series, a 6x9cm negative, 5 times the surface area of a FF camera!! Fujifilm produced two cameras (3 generations of them) one with a 90mm (FF 39mm equivalent) and a 65mm (FF 28mm equivalent), both lenses known to be excellent with the 65mm reckoned on being one of the top lenses of all time. Affectionately known as the Texas Leica (due to their size), these cameras whilst relatively common in the Japan/USA and quite rare over here. But the search was on. I’m not brave enough yet to buy one from Japanese eBay, though there are people in Japan who will source cameras for export, I thought that to start with I’ll try and get one in the UK, ideally from a dealer with some kind of warranty.

These cameras are known to be very robust, quite over-engineered, and cunningly they have a roll counter on the base plate of the camera, so you can get idea of the usage (though I suspect the counter can be clocked!). I’m generally a wide angle shooter so even though I would have bought either variant to start with, I would have preferred a GSW690III with the 65mm (28mm FF) lens. I found one at Cameraworld in London, on a commission sale, with a bit of negotiation it's arrived (and I’m quite excited :))

My intention is to have the film developed and scanned, so I can still process in Lightroom, then if I get something that I really like, I can get it re-scanned at higher resolution (drum scanned). Now just to get @Riz_Guru excited, if a 6x9 negative is scanned at 6400dpi, the resulting image file is 22,677 x 15,118 pixels, or 342MP image, nearly 2m wide printed at 300dpi!!! I won’t need to scan to that resolution, but I should have that medium format look to the images.

Yes and before anyone says it, it is quite weighty, about the same as a GFX50S+32-64, but the ‘sensor’ is nearly 4 times times larger!! I suspect that I’m entering into a whole new world of GAS. So here it is, with a X100 for scale!!! Go large or go home……..so @Riz_Guru, not what you were expecting, no GFX but a Texas Leica!!!!

Supersize Me.jpg

So as most of you know I’ve had the Medium Format itch for some time, I borrowed a GFX50S+32-64 for 10 days last year (managed not to drop it!), and enjoyed it, but felt it was bit cumbersome, and weighty especially with a couple of lenses. The tiltable EVF was a thing of wonder though, and the output when everything came together sublime.

Since I’ve spent the last 8 weeks at home recovering from a broken ankle, I have done a lot of investigation and research, and when I say a lot, it really has been 'a lot'. For a time I considered a GFX50R (at its currently reduced price) with a GF23mm and GF45mm, these would cover most of my shooting styles, but still it comes with a high price tag, and the one thing niggling away was that although its classed a Medium Format, the sensor isn’t that big, and the bigger sensor, the more of that Medium Format look (as the lens focal lengths used offer compression with still a wide view).

I also spent a lot of time looking at the X100V, and although I will get one in time, it will have to wait. The V is much improved wide open, but around F8 where I do 80%+ of my shooting, its no sharper, so for the moment my battered F stays – my lightweight kit option.

So research turned to medium format film cameras, I also wanted something not too old, and the Fujifilm Rangefinders appealed, some of these were made up into the 21st century (including the GF670 which you still get new copies of around £4K). The later ones possessed Autofocus and even motor film wind (and one even a 4 position zoom lens!), but there have been a lot of instances of electronic circuit boards dying and at present they are not repairable, so I went back a generation for something that was fully manual. At the 645 size, you are into a world of leaky bellows, weak lens mounts, etc.

The more research I did, the bigger I wanted the image, as with the bigger image comes ‘that look’. And nothing in the rangefinder style comes as big as the 690 series, a 6x9cm negative, 5 times the surface area of a FF camera!! Fujifilm produced two cameras (3 generations of them) one with a 90mm (FF 39mm equivalent) and a 65mm (FF 28mm equivalent), both lenses known to be excellent with the 65mm reckoned on being one of the top lenses of all time. Affectionately known as the Texas Leica (due to their size), these cameras whilst relatively common in the Japan/USA and quite rare over here. But the search was on. I’m not brave enough yet to buy one from Japanese eBay, though there are people in Japan who will source cameras for export, I thought that to start with I’ll try and get one in the UK, ideally from a dealer with some kind of warranty.

These cameras are known to be very robust, quite over-engineered, and cunningly they have a roll counter on the base plate of the camera, so you can get idea of the usage (though I suspect the counter can be clocked!). I’m generally a wide angle shooter so even though I would have bought either variant to start with, I would have preferred a GSW690III with the 65mm (28mm FF) lens. I found one at Cameraworld in London, on a commission sale, with a bit of negotiation it's arrived (and I’m quite excited :))

My intention is to have the film developed and scanned, so I can still process in Lightroom, then if I get something that I really like, I can get it re-scanned at higher resolution (drum scanned). Now just to get @Riz_Guru excited, if a 6x9 negative is scanned at 6400dpi, the resulting image file is 22,677 x 15,118 pixels, or 342MP image, nearly 2m wide printed at 300dpi!!! I won’t need to scan to that resolution, but I should have that medium format look to the images.

Yes and before anyone says it, it is quite weighty, about the same as a GFX50S+32-64, but the ‘sensor’ is nearly 4 times times larger!! I suspect that I’m entering into a whole new world of GAS. So here it is, with a X100 for scale!!! Go large or go home……..so @Riz_Guru, not what you were expecting, no GFX but a Texas Leica!!!!

View attachment 270894
Woah... I didn't see that coming.... and it is ermmm BIG for sure.
I can't wait to see some photo's...... and I wonder what the file size of each photo will come out at? :eek:

View attachment 270894

Fab. I’ve had two of those. They really are the business. That lens is fantastic. Enjoy

:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you ordering a DELL \ EMC Unity Storage Array too? :p

https://toolstud.io/photo/megapixel.php?width=24488&height=13240

Uncompressed RAW/BMP
TIFF Monochrome 8bit/pixel 324 MB
RAW/DNG 10 bits/pixel 405 MB
RAW/DNG 12 bits/pixel 486 MB
RAW/DNG 14 bits/pixel 567 MB
RAW/DNG 16 bits/pixel 648 MB
BMP RGB 3x8 bit/pixel 973 MB
OPENEXR RGBA 4x16 bit/pixel 2.59 GB

Don't need to scan anything that big, unless I'm going to do a 2m print for the living room!!!

Got a big NAS and 5Tb of storage in main machine, so the odd large image will be fine, Lightroom might wheeze a bit though.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
That's a beautiful study, George.

View attachment 270894

Thats brilliant as everyone else I expected a GFX50. Whats the cost of the scanning David?

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

That’s a cracking photo George. The spotlight gives that little, extra special ingredient.

Looking good for my first e-infin order so far. I ordered the lens on the 1st [Sun night, so more like Mon for it to get processed] , and apparently it has landed here in Ireland this eve. I should have it Monday, would probably have it tomorrow if they did deliveries on Saturdays here [DHL]. All going well I would certainly order from there again.

Has anyone here tried out the Laowa 100mm APO macro? Thinking the Nikon mount version adapted [as the lens is completely manual in every way anyway] - I fancy the newer APSC specific Laowa 65mm 2:1 macro but the 100mm [also 2:1 capable] can be had for £150 less, and 100mm 2.8 can be nice to have also

After deciding not to go out this morning, the fire alarm going off in the house we are staying in at 5:30 made me change my mind. Glad I did now.

Laggan reservoir at sunrise by Alastair Begley, on Flickr

Pink morning light, snow capped mountains and perfect reflections. What a waste of a good lie-in. I’d have stayed in bed. :p

Just messing of course. This pic is truly immense and captures a wonderful winter morning perfectly. I like how you’ve got lots of different shapes and sizes of tree in the photo. It’s mega. Print it and put it on the wall

Last edited:
Looking good for my first e-infin order so far. I ordered the lens on the 1st [Sun night, so more like Mon for it to get processed] , and apparently it has landed here in Ireland this eve. I should have it Monday, would probably have it tomorrow if they did deliveries on Saturdays here [DHL]. All going well I would certainly order from there again.

Nice one. I might give them a try when I finally convince myself to get the 18-135. They are even cheaper, by 70 quid or so, than the refurb store.

Nice one. I might give them a try when I finally convince myself to get the 18-135. They are even cheaper, by 70 quid or so, than the refurb store.

I have been wary of ordering from them for a long time, because I got caught for customs + penalty postage costs [An Post] on gear from China based sites in the past. But I've read nothing but good about e-infin over the years, mostly from UK buyers. Had to give it a shot some time. Looks like my lens hails from one of their UK warehouses [Manchester acc to the tracking info]

I love that they send you a photo of your specific item upon processing:

Fuji 35mm image einfin.jpg

That’s a cracking photo George. The spotlight gives that little, extra special ingredient.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Love the spotlight focusing the attention to the picture and the hand. Great shot George!

Love the spotlight focusing the attention to the picture and the hand. Great shot George!

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Back