The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

This composition probably would annoy the photo club judge. Horizon halfway up, subject almost central. Heresy! Only, looking around art galleries at 19th century paintings, I see an awful lot of centrally placed horizons. I wonder why it's different for photographs, and whether it really is?

Conspiracy
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That`s a nice shot David, like it a lot.
Sometimes it`s great to break the rules of third and composition that`s why I love photography.

This composition probably would annoy the photo club judge. Horizon halfway up, subject almost central. Heresy! Only, looking around art galleries at 19th century paintings, I see an awful lot of centrally placed horizons. I wonder why it's different for photographs, and whether it really is?

Conspiracy
I also decided to break the composition 'rules' this morning...

Natiya morning snaps by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

For anyone wondering what happened to the Viltrox trio of primes that were originally announced late last year [and expected to be released this month] - it looks like Tokina have taken over that line, as they just announced the same three lenses [with slightly different outer shell] but disappointingly, the release date now seems to be pushed back to Autumn. We can safely assume these lenses will be identical optically to the Viltrox ones, as they already have the exact same spec 85 1.8 between them. No word on whether Viltrox are planning to still go ahead with theirs, but it seems less likely now, no point in both of them running the same 3 lenses is there?

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/...nses-for-mirrorless-sony-and-fujifilm-cameras

Conspiracy

Nice one. Composition works fine for me. You sure wouldn't want to lose any of that cracking sky.

That`s a nice shot David, like it a lot.
Sometimes it`s great to break the rules of third and composition that`s why I love photography.
I also decided to break the composition 'rules' this morning...

Rule of thirds? Is that still a thing? :whistle:
Nice one. Composition works fine for me. You sure wouldn't want to lose any of that cracking sky.
Cheers all. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it works! :)

Conspiracy

Works for me, rules/guidelines are meant to broken :)

Trying the new recipe:D:p

Attachments

• DSCF0001-2.jpg
    DSCF0001-2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 35

Conspiracy

Scru the rewles! Works for me.

Conspiracy

Someone a lot smarter than me said it best:
“Rules are for the obedience of fools
and the guidance of wise men”

Here's an image of some of the machinery at a local mill, it's still running (but not milling anymore) ...

X-Pro1; XF 18-55 lens; f3.2; ISO 200; 0.3"; 26mm

Back to the X-T3 as swapped it while at Mums today and now have the XF50mm f2 back on it as love this lens.

Pretty Flower by Dave, on Flickr

Graffiti by Dave, on Flickr

Graffiti by Dave, on Flickr

Nice images.

I tried to love the 50F2, it just didn't click with me for some reason. I always kind of wanted it to be a little shorter, or longer - that and I was having too much fun with the 16mm for it to get a look in. I have the 35 1.4 on the way and I think it'll be the perfect in-betweener for me, I loved it first time out, now I get IBIS along with it :)

Nice images.

I tried to love the 50F2, it just didn't click with me for some reason. I always kind of wanted it to be a little shorter, or longer - that and I was having too much fun with the 16mm for it to get a look in. I have the 35 1.4 on the way and I think it'll be the perfect in-betweener for me, I loved it first time out, now I get IBIS along with it :)

For me the reason why I love the 50 so much is, I find it just right for my jazz shots and have loved it since then.
Thank you too.

For me the reason why I love the 50 so much is, I find it just right for my jazz shots and have loved it since then.
Thank you too.

Yeah I think it's perfect for that, if I still shot gigs [used to at one point regularly] I would definitely make better use of it. It's tiny, light, splash-proof and F2 is plenty good enough for most gigs. I wouldn't rule out re-buying it at some point, it is an extremely sharp lens wide open, how a prime should be.

Coming from a DSLR I’m used to the optical viewfinder being ‘always ready’ for action where sometimes you need to bring the camera up to your eye quickly. Also since I predominantly use the EVF is there a way of toggling between the two modes manually like a DSLR so that there’s no frustrating period of time waiting for the EVF to turn on?

Coming from a DSLR I’m used to the optical viewfinder being ‘always ready’ for action where sometimes you need to bring the camera up to your eye quickly. Also since I predominantly use the EVF is there a way of toggling between the two modes manually like a DSLR so that there’s no frustrating period of time waiting for the EVF to turn on?

I'd say most of us came from a dslr background here. I find the Lcd/evf switch non distracting whenever I put the camera to my eye, but if you really want zero delay then yes, you can switch to using the evf only

Back