The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I use Peak Design Slide Lite, more suited to the XT-3 than the full size one. I also have a spare unused one available, if interested i'll put an ad in the classifieds.
Yes i might be interested if the price is right

That's a tasty big block chevy engine in the first photo.
Would love to see more of that!

That`s all I have unfortunately. It`s only allowed out when the water is very flat ;)

Nice, my little toy, currently running Bootmod 3 stage 2, 535bhp. :)

I quite fancy an M3, had an M135i at one one point but found it a bit too clinical for my liking. The Clubby works well for me, about 270 brake, loads of torque, it's a family car on day, long distance tourer when needed (it's been to Scotland twice, North Wales 3 times & the Lakes twice) plus it's a back lane marvel around here.

Anyway, back to photography...

A couple more from my walk up the Wiltshire Way on Thursday.

DSCF2840 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2893 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

One more from the Wales trip, back in the good old days when we could wander around freely (aka February). This was a quick pano with the 35mm f/2, and for some reason the Explore algorithm has taken a liking to it. I never really know why, but I'm not complaining!

Approaching (Explored)
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Liking this one very much Dave...

I love mine too, can't really say why. I just like the images.
Images are great but it’s not just that, it’s the feel of the camera as well for me - just feels different in a great way compared to other X cameras, including the X-Pro2.

Nice, keep it rolling lads :)

So long as we have no dumb-ass [IMO] toilet paper images, as if it's hipster week, I'll like anything else that has some actual creativity

Images are great but it’s not just that, it’s the feel of the camera as well for me - just feels different in a great way compared to other X cameras, including the X-Pro2.
Are you still using it with the 7Artisans 35/1.2?

Nice, my little toy, currently running Bootmod 3 stage 2, 535bhp. :)

DSCF0200 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr
Rick, very nice..!

535 is a lot of ponies....!! Superb. A close friend of mine runs a M6 stealth machine, a V10 I believe..!

mac

Last edited:
Morning all,
Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Personally I ventured out into the garden for a coffee, some fresh air and a break form the kids........soooo nice!!!!

Took the camera out and composed this little shot whilst there. It's noting special but lightened my mood and distracted me for a few minutes.
Edited in PS using classic chrome preset which I'm taking a real liking to.

Daisy in isolation by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all,
Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Personally I ventured out into the garden for a coffee, some fresh air and a break form the kids........soooo nice!!!!

Took the camera out and composed this little shot whilst there. It's noting special but lightened my mood and distracted me for a few minutes.
Edited in PS using classic chrome preset which I'm taking a real liking to.

Daisy in isolation by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
Stuart, that's a cracker of a shot, right up my street..!! wOOw love it, the shallow DOF is beautiful. Superb skills and photography Sir!

mac

The Isle of Man went into full lockdown at midnight last night. These people were enjoying a final game on Port Erin beach as the sun set.

Sunset Before Lockdown
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

That‘s a gorgeous image, Andrea. Very apt at this time. I really hope that people come out the other side of this gloomy period with a better appreciation of the great outdoors. This picture really captures what we are missing at the minute.

Here is my offerig from the kitchen- amaretti biscuits I made yesterday. Maybe not quite a closeup but hope it will do.
FujiX-t2 XF35mm at f2.8 1/400 ISO 800

Amaretti biscuits by V, on Flickr

Looking delightful to the eye, and I’m sure equally as delightful to the taste buds. I’m actually possibly intolerant to dairy and gluten and have been enjoying tummy zen avoiding - at least until I’ve been diagnosed properly after the ‘Rona situation has passed. Interested to know the recipe :)

Looking delightful to the eye, and I’m sure equally as delightful to the taste buds. I’m actually possibly intolerant to dairy and gluten and have been enjoying tummy zen avoiding - at least until I’ve been diagnosed properly after the ‘Rona situation has passed. Interested to know the recipe :)
Thank you so much :) They are really easy to make.

You need:
2 egg whites
180g caster sugar
300g ground almonds

Icing sugar to roll them in.

Mix egg whites with half of the sugar for couple of minutes (I use stand mixer) then add the rest of the sugar and continue to mix until it reaches consistency thick cream (few more minutes). Add ground almond and mix well. Sprinkle some icing sugar on your work top to stop sticking and put the dough on it. Divide into equal parts (makes about 20) or if you want, you can measure each piece of dough to weigh 40g. I didn't bother weighing. Using your hands, roll each into a ball and put in a bowl with icing sugar. Roll them in to cover completely and transfer to baking tray, covered with parchment paper. Bake for 15-18 minutes on 180C fan.

I hope that makes sense :) but shout if you need any further help.

Thank you so much :) They are really easy to make.

You need:
2 egg whites
180g caster sugar
300g ground almonds

Icing sugar to roll them in.

Mix egg whites with half of the sugar for couple of minutes (I use stand mixer) then add the rest of the sugar and continue to mix until it reaches consistency thick cream (few more minutes). Add ground almond and mix well. Sprinkle some icing sugar on your work top to stop sticking and put the dough on it. Divide into equal parts (makes about 20) or if you want, you can measure each piece of dough to weigh 40g. I didn't bother weighing. Using your hands, roll each into a ball and put in a bowl with icing sugar. Roll them in to cover completely and transfer to baking tray, covered with parchment paper. Bake for 15-18 minutes on 180C fan.

I hope that makes sense :) but shout if you need any further help.
Thanks Vera. As a laugh I’ll try baking those myself and post a photo of my first attempt recreation

Last edited:
Love these!! Do you use Fuji software to get the PRO Neg look from the RAWs?

You must be missing your 56mm :p
Haha

Thanks Gil

Capture One to choose which film sim, highlights, shadows, sharpen if needed, save as JPG then use PS for any cropping, cloning etc.

Back