The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The 80mm is a really sharp lens, but I'm equally impressed with the 16-80mm I can't see huge difference between the two lenses.

It’s difficult times for all, the dogs looking depressed as they are only getting walked once a day.

Last edited:
Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, well composed with some really nice colours.

George.

Cheers George.

Lovely shot Jason. I feel your pain, I went for a walk around the block last night and took a shot of a post box :ROFLMAO:

Ta Pete. I think my dog is fed up with having a camera pointed at her....

The neighbour has a key and after knocking on the door she went in and Mum is not there at all, have phoned the hospitals here and police and nothing.

I hope you solve the mystery soon, Dave.

My little troopers, ready for some PS (just quickly jpegged then to show)

If anyone fancys a play around, ping me an message, and I`ll send you over the PSD files (y)

Dudes.jpg

Last edited:
Ok peeps.
Here we go again. Themes for next week ........... :)

Week #3 ... Texture/ Light and Dark

Quick question on the back of macro tubes etc.
I fancy getting some tubes to mess about with.

The one thing I can seem to work out though is if I get something like a 10 & 16mm tubeset and combine them together, what will my new closest focusing distance be?

Can anyone help with the math.

Have spoken to both Mum and GF this morning, Mum is well & staying at a friends farm a few miles away and is well, plus spoke to GF who is very busy at work. You could say I`m over the moon :banana::banana:

Excellent news mate. I bet your relieved

Can anyone tell me, or point to reviews, on how the lens on the X100V compares with the 23mm 1.4.

On the X100V the new lens is sharp wide open as I have that camera and it`s better than the F, on the 23mm f1.4 it is a great lens to use but at the moment it`s at my Mums.

Can anyone tell me, or point to reviews, on how the lens on the X100V compares with the 23mm 1.4.

I have an Original X100, X100F and the 23mmF1.4, my wife has the 23mm F2, I have also used an X100V in a touch and try day.

I would put them in the following order:-

1st. 23mmF1.4
Equal 2nd X100V and 23mm F2
4th X100F
5th Original X100

some things in the V are better than the 23mm F2, like the edge sharpness wide open, but the AF speed is quicker on the F2.

The X-trans3 sensor in the X100F is inherently sharper than the original bayer X100

The F1.4 is in a different league at F2 it is razor sharp and of course goes to F1.4!! But it’s not WR if that is important

Last edited:
Does anyone use the 14mm f2.8, just looking for opinions was thinking about this or the 10-24mm f4 have seen good reviews of both, I use an XE3 and size and weight is obviously a factor

Does anyone use the 14mm f2.8, just looking for opinions was thinking about this or the 10-24mm f4 have seen good reviews of both, I use an XE3 and size and weight is obviously a factor

I got one, and love it. Small, light and silly sharp (y)

I got a few on my flickr, if you`re interested (mailny in the architecture and buildings, and london albums).

I think you need to consider what you want, assuming that you already have the 18-55, then are you looking for a two lens setup to take out or just a single lens solution. In the former case teh 14mm is a good match, as its quite compact and shares the same hood and filter ring size as the 18-55, it is a great lens (owned one in the past). But if you want a one lens solution to take out then the 10-24 obviously offers more flexibility. The 14mm will balance better on an X-E3 though.

Personally I find 10-12mm too wide for my style, and as I've got older I tend to shoot at longer focal lengths, and these days I'm happy with the 16mm F1.4 as my wide angle option (though I do have the Samyang 12mm for emergency wide angle use, but to be honest more often than not, this lens stays at home)

Another set of 14mm images for you to browse through! https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157643112473214

Last edited:
Have spoken to both Mum and GF this morning, Mum is well & staying at a friends farm a few miles away and is well, plus spoke to GF who is very busy at work. You could say I`m over the moon :banana::banana:
Great news :) and such a relief for you!

I think you need to consider what you want, assuming that you already have the 18-55, then are you looking for a two lens setup to take out or just a single lens solution. In the former case teh 14mm is a good match, as its quite compact and shares the same hood and filter ring size as the 18-55, it is a great lens (owned one in the past). But if you want a one lens solution to take out then the 10-24 obviously offers more flexibility. The 14mm will balance better on an X-E3 though.

Personally I find 10-12mm too wide for my style, and as I've got older I tend to shoot at longer focal lengths, and these days I'm happy with the 16mm F1.4 as my wide angle option (though I do have the Samyang 12mm for emergency wide angle use, but to be honest more often than not, this lens stays at home)

Another set of 14mm images for you to browse through! https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157643112473214

Thanks for the reply, after looking at yours and @Paulie-W pictures I think I might be leaning towards the 14mm it seems to be wide enough for what I would need and as you say the 14mm will balance better on the XE3

Thanks you have both been a great help :)

Well, you're on the slippery slope now - I have great fun with adapted lenses - the Helios is a great way to start.
Already got the bug, been looking at loads of lens but don’t really know what’s good and what’s not. Any tips?

I had a walk around the site today whilst awaiting our last movement, I decided to snap a few with the XP1 and 10-24. I've done a few like these before but not with the XP1.

From my office door..

Testing the XP1 and 10-24 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

An old friend :)

Ready and waiting.

Survived another winter..

Thunderbirds are go :)

I had a walk around the site today whilst awaiting our last movement, I decided to snap a few with the XP1 and 10-24. I've done a few like these before but not with the XP1.

From my office door..

Ready and waiting.

2nd & 4th really float my boat Rick... Good stuff.

From my office door..

Ready and waiting.

Very nice set of Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much with #2 being my fav’.

George.

Quick question on the back of macro tubes etc.
I fancy getting some tubes to mess about with.

The one thing I can seem to work out though is if I get something like a 10 & 16mm tubeset and combine them together, what will my new closest focusing distance be?

Can anyone help with the math.

Depends on the lens used really, the shorter the FL the closer you will have to get, there's a table for the fuji set somewhere, will see can I find it [edit, found it] - https://www.dsphotoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/mcex.jpg

Last edited:
Back