The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Cheers chaps. New gear paranoia probably on my part.

Took the dog for a run around the local sports field this evening so, to test stuff out, I took my camera bag with me, loaded up with the XH1 and all the stuff I’d take with me on a day out making photos. The size and weight increase wasn’t an issue. My Fuji kit is way, way lighter than the Nikon brick I used to cart around. The few ounces increase with the XH1 over the XT2 is not even noticeable.

Followed the rules and took a few pics of the dog. New camera means pet photos. :)

Camera was nice to use. I like the shutter release and the grip feels nice - seems to be made for the 16-55. There’s one catch for me though, maybe one I’ll ‘grow out of’ if I keep the XH1. It doesn’t really ‘feel’ like a Fuji camera to me. The lack of the EC dial is something that is bothering me more than I thought it would. Dunno, I’m probably just being daft and over thinking things plus, IBIS is the big selling point for me and I think that will outweigh all the nitpicking. An XT4 would be the obvious answer but as an amateur snapper my days of spending a grand and a half on a camera are long gone. Simply cannot justify it.

I’ll take the camera for a nice long riverside walk tomorrow and see how things go. For now, time to read the manual.

Glad you`re enjoying it, mate (y)
Re the EC dial (now screen), I actually find it easier to adjust with one hand, than the dial. Although admittedly I like the styling of the XT`s better. I have got used to it now :)

Cheers chaps. New gear paranoia probably on my part.

Took the dog for a run around the local sports field this evening so, to test stuff out, I took my camera bag with me, loaded up with the XH1 and all the stuff I’d take with me on a day out making photos. The size and weight increase wasn’t an issue. My Fuji kit is way, way lighter than the Nikon brick I used to cart around. The few ounces increase with the XH1 over the XT2 is not even noticeable.

Followed the rules and took a few pics of the dog. New camera means pet photos. :)

Camera was nice to use. I like the shutter release and the grip feels nice - seems to be made for the 16-55. There’s one catch for me though, maybe one I’ll ‘grow out of’ if I keep the XH1. It doesn’t really ‘feel’ like a Fuji camera to me. The lack of the EC dial is something that is bothering me more than I thought it would. Dunno, I’m probably just being daft and over thinking things plus, IBIS is the big selling point for me and I think that will outweigh all the nitpicking. An XT4 would be the obvious answer but as an amateur snapper my days of spending a grand and a half on a camera are long gone. Simply cannot justify it.

I’ll take the camera for a nice long riverside walk tomorrow and see how things go. For now, time to read the manual.
Interesting how people feel about the lack of the exp dial on the XH-1, i've read that before, personally i've never touched one in 5 years of Fuji ownership.

Article worth reading here;

https://fstoppers.com/originals/just-how-useless-exposure-compensation-277892

Interesting comment from Lee Morris. I'd never thought to use EC to control exposure when using flash - I set everything up manually. I suppose I can see why you might use it, but surely you'll have fixed the shutter to something below max sync, the ISO to base (or higher if you don't have sufficient flash power), so why would you want the aperture having the option to change? I guess outside maybe on a partially cloudy day?

It does have it's uses when shooting ambient light at events though (like tracking a rally car through a forest - where the light can change from shot to shot on continuous high).

Rarely ever touch the ev settings, stick it to -2/3 or so and leave it there if not in M mode.

I generally assign EC to a thumbwheel, usually the front one, as not only does it offer more range +5EV,-5EV, its very easy to adjust but just moving your finger from above the shutter to the thumbwheel. Its all muscle memory now. The top plate wheel although it looks nice, if just two clunky in operation.

That‘s how I’ll set it up I think. The front wheel definately feels more comfortable. Looks like you can set the EC button to toggle on or off rather than having to hold it down. That‘ll help as well.

That‘s how I’ll set it up I think. The front wheel definately feels more comfortable. Looks like you can set the EC button to toggle on or off rather than having to hold it down. That‘ll help as well.

It remembers the EC state through power off, My front wheel is set for EC and ISO, if I press the EC button it switches to altering the ISO, another press and I back to EC. I usually only use either manual set ISO200 or one of the auto ISO modes, so it works well for me.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have family who live just below Llanllechid, love those slate fences.
Do they have any carved slates - book " The Carved Slates of Dyffryn Ogwen", by the Llanllechid Archeological Society?
Llanllechid is the mecca, many houses have fine pieces.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at St James's Park London UK of a couple with the guy either showing a bit of affection or seeking forgiveness.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Affection Or Seeking Forgiveness-03413
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

It was nice to get out just to so some photography yesterday morning. At least all the local walking has reminded me how nice my local area is hence a new project 10 miles from home.
One from a couple of miles away from me.

Upstream by Graham Norton, on Flickr

That's gorgeous!

My X-T4 batteries and charger are here at last. However, I feel let down again over battery charging issues. No mains lead for the charger, meaning I have to use the one that came with the camera. So I can charge directly from the camera - OR charge two batteries using the external charger. Not both at the same time.

X-T4-batteries.jpg

It was nice to get out just to so some photography yesterday morning. At least all the local walking has reminded me how nice my local area is hence a new project 10 miles from home.

Still water, morning light, mist - what’s not to like. :) Cracking image Graham.

You’re right about taking photos locally. Recent events have made me realise where I live isn’t so bad after all. Sure, I’d sell my soul to live in The Lake District but there’s plenty in Shropshire to point my camera at.

Well, the XT2 has just been boxed up and sent to it‘s new home. :( The XH1 is sat on my desk, happily wearing it‘s new L-bracket. I think a sunset trip up The Stiperstones this evening might be needed.

If anyone is after a Smallrig L-bracket for their XT2 (Smallrigs site says it fits the XT3 as well) then let me know and I’ll pop an ad in the classifieds section. It’s the posh-looking bracket with the wooden grip that sells for the eye-watering sum of 65 quid on Amazon.

How many X100V owners in here please?
Are you pleased with it? Any issues or annoyances?
Any X100F users decided against upgrading? If so what was the deciding factor?

Still on the fence about a return to any kind of camera over and above my smartphone (11Pro so has a useful wide, normal and tele lens) and what normally happens which is the camera gets left at home :rolleyes:

”Excellent” landscape style Fujigraph, pushes all the right buttons for me.

George.

That's gorgeous!
Thanks Dave
Lovely colours (again) Graham.
Cheers Steve an't beat a bit of Fuji colours.
Still water, morning light, mist - what’s not to like. :) Cracking image Graham.

You’re right about taking photos locally. Recent events have made me realise where I live isn’t so bad after all. Sure, I’d sell my soul to live in The Lake District but there’s plenty in Shropshire to point my camera at.
Thanks Jaso, must admit when I win the lottery I'm moving to the lakes :D. But till then Im quite excited about shooting local first time for a while. I was even up this morning and out up

Wittenham Clumps, bloody knackered now but it was lovely.
Lovely shot that :)

Thanks Alan
Lovely shot Graham
Cheers Pete
”Excellent” landscape style Fujigraph, pushes all the right buttons for me.

George.
Thanks George very kind ooo you to say.
Beautiful image, well done.
Thank you.

Back