The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Poor little dandilion stuck in the corner of my garden.

'Weathered'

Weathered
by Jason, on Flickr

That’s a nice close up style Fujigraph, works well in mono against a dark background.

"If you want some more totally free of charge then just let me know I've got a whole bunch of them that I don't want" :):)

George.

Last edited:
One minor thing is the top plate display. I didn't care much about it. Now I find if I'm in a hurry then I grab the X-H1 first because I can see immediately what the battery level is and the card slots are occupied without having to switch it on.

Same here. I`ve turned everything off, bar card slots, pic number, and exp compensation. With everything on it looked way too busy for me, and a lot I didn`t need or want.

Graham, its sharp, but its AF is very slow, send it a postcard type to focus AF, though it is probably better on the later bodies (X-T3/X-T4)
Thanks David probaly give it a body swerve then. Just after something small and light that can do a few close ups for the bag while I'm out while the 80mm looks very nice wouldn't want to carry it about all the time and rather pricey.

Thanks David probaly give it a body swerve then. Just after something small and light that can do a few close ups for the bag while I'm out while the 80mm looks very nice wouldn't want to carry it about all the time and rather pricey.

XF16mm F1.4 focuses very close, and as you know one of the best primes, will double up as a landscape lens

Just to let those who joined up know. I`ve closed the flickr group, as we all seem to have found our way (in various guises) through lockdown. At least it kept the sanity going for a few weeks (y)

Just to let those who joined up know. I`ve closed the flickr group, as we all seem to have found our way (in various guises) through lockdown. At least it kept the sanity going for a few weeks (y)

I personally think that’s a bit of a shame Paul, Although I’ve not had a chance to post in every challenge It certainly got me back into my studio which I love probably as much as street photography.

Anyway I‘d like to “THANK YOU“ for the effort and input you’ve shown to help keep us all active with our snapping during these troublesome times. (y):beer:

George.

I personally think that’s a bit of a shame Paul, Although I’ve not had a chance to post in every challenge It certainly got me back into my studio which I love probably as much as street photography.

Anyway I‘d like to “THANK YOU“ for the effort and input you’ve shown to help keep us all active with our snapping during these troublesome times. (y):beer:

George.

Thank you, George. Much appreciated, mate :)

I just felt it had run it`s time. But there`s nothing to stop you hitting the studio again, now that has rekindled your interest ;) I`m sure you must have some models, or something laying around.

A couple of things, firstly I have a third party l bracket for the X-T3 minus the the bit that makes it a l bracket. If anyone wants it they can have it.

Secondly who had used and what are you opinions on the Fuji 60mm macro?

I've still got my 60mm Graham, although it doesn't get used a great deal. The bokeh is sort of..... "unique", but it delivers good output, even if the focus is a bit slow. Combined with some macro tubes it comes into it's own....

I've still got my 60mm Graham, although it doesn't get used a great deal. The bokeh is sort of..... "unique", but it delivers good output, even if the focus is a bit slow. Combined with some macro tubes it comes into it's own....
Thanks Steve after my reply to David about the slow focusing putting me off I started to think for what I would want it for e.g. flowers etc it wouldn't really matter. Looking I suppose the other options would be the Raynox close up lenses or even the manual Laowa 65mm.

Me too, the optical output from the 60mm F2.4 is "Excellent". A/F is a little slow compared to other Fooj lenses but still more than acceptable for Full Macro (needing tubes) & Close Up work and the lens focusses much quicker on the X-H1 units compared to my old X-T1. One thing that I didn't like about it was the huge lens hood so with mine I added a clear UV filter just to bring the filter thread a tad more forward and then I attach a much smaller 52mm lens hood via a step up ring. The reason for getting the filter thread a bit further out was because other wise the hood would prevent the lens from closing down properly by fowling the the lens barrel if you get my drift, and also the supplied hood is far too large for working very close as it blocks too much light from the subject.

George.

Thank you, George. Much appreciated, mate :)

I just felt it had run it`s time. But there`s nothing to stop you hitting the studio again, now that has rekindled your interest ;) I`m sure you must have some models, or something laying around.

Its not so much a lack of interest mate, over recent weeks its been a lack of time.

With regards to the "Covid 19 Effort" help I've been giving over the past six weeks averaging out at about fourteen hours a day there's been very little time for snapping. Anyway for the time being at least I'm surplus to requirements so hopefully I'll have a bit more time to get a few snaps done. On a secondary note it would be nice to get some remuneration for the gas that I've spent out on which amounts to quite a bit as I'm sure you can guess these Choppy things are a tad more expensive to run than a car. Never mind its all in a good cause.

George.

Last edited:
I've been considering picking up an X100 for some time, just recently with the release of the new X100V I've noticed the original can be picked up for a reasonable price these days so the temptation is quite strong....

Before I buy have to think of a way to justify it to the wife, does anyone else use the X100 for landscapes and is the original X100 still worth considering?

Thanks.

I've been considering picking up an X100 for some time, just recently with the release of the new X100V I've noticed the original can be picked up for a reasonable price these days so the temptation is quite strong....

Before I buy have to think of a way to justify it to the wife, does anyone else use the X100 for landscapes and is the original X100 still worth considering?

Thanks.

I used an X100 for landscapes, I still have it and now an X100F. The X100 is a lovely camera but it is very slow to operate by today's standards, auto focus is quite pedestrian, and the EVF and rear screen are slow to refresh. The latest firmware that Fuji did for the X100 does improve the AF speed.

If you do go for an X100, make sure the serial number is prefixed by 21 or higher, as cameras before that can have Sticky Aperture Blades, many have been fixed, but best to play safe!

Last edited:
I used an X100 for landscapes, I still have it and now an X100F. The X100 is a lovely camera but it is very slow to operate by today's standards, auto focus is quite pedestrian, and the EVF and rear screen are slow to refresh. The latest firmware that Fuji did for the X100 does improve the AF speed.

If you do go for an X100, make sure the serial number is prefixed by 21 or higher, as cameras before that can have Sticky Aperture Blades, many have been fixed, but best to play safe!

Thanks for the reply, I think I may go for the X100S.

The build in 3 stop filter is something that appeals to me from a landscape perspective.

Just looked at your Flickr, Dungeness is somewhere I was planning to visit this year, you've captured it well.

October 2018 I briefly owned a X-H1, then stupidly sold it on - a bad habit of mine. I've looked through my digital files and found this image of our collie.

Breia basking...

Breia basking... by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-H1 - XF55-200 - @ f/4.7 - iso 200 - 1/320s

Last edited:
Me too, the optical output from the 60mm F2.4 is "Excellent". A/F is a little slow compared to other Fooj lenses but still more than acceptable for Full Macro (needing tubes) & Close Up work and the lens focusses much quicker on the X-H1 units compared to my old X-T1. One thing that I didn't like about it was the huge lens hood so with mine I added a clear UV filter just to bring the filter thread a tad more forward and then I attach a much smaller 52mm lens hood via a step up ring. The reason for getting the filter thread a bit further out was because other wise the hood would prevent the lens from closing down properly by fowling the the lens barrel if you get my drift, and also the supplied hood is far too large for working very close as it blocks too much light from the subject.

George.

I swapped the hoods between that and my 35 f1.4. That longer hood is really effective on the 35.

I'm new to the world of Fuji's.
I have an X100s, found it a bit limited for what I wanted so it was joined by an X-T20 with the 18-55 2.8 lens.
This is perfect.
It fits in a small bag on the handlebars of my cycle and like the actress said to the bishop ... it's easy to whip out when needed.
This is St Paul's Cathedral early one morning.

St Paul's 002.jpg

Last edited:

George.

Thanks George nice to get opinions, I am tempted a real plus factor for me is its nice and light.

I swapped the hoods between that and my 35 f1.4. That longer hood is really effective on the 35.

That’s something I’ve not tried, I’m surprised with a lens hood of that length on the 35mm that it doesn’t produce a bit of vignetting. Having said that where possible I always get a collapsable rubber hood for each of my lenses, I find its much more convenient just to fold them back and clip on the front lens cover when I’ve finished using it.

George.

Thanks George nice to get opinions, I am tempted a real plus factor for me is its nice and light.

Very light, that's why it often sits in my bag when I go out, especially if I'm out birding, sometimes you see insects & fauna right by your side.

Does anybody here do any video with their X series?

I'm starting to take an interest in wildlife videos, but as you can imagine, 300-560mm is a long way for the built in mic to get a decent recording. So I'll be interested in any suitable add ons that don't break the bank...

I'm new to the world of Fuji's.
I have an X100s, found it a bit limited for what I wanted so it was joined by an X-T20 with the 18-55 2.8 lens.
This is perfect.
It fits in a small bag on the handlebars of my cycle and like the actress said to the bishop ... it's easy to whip out when needed.
This is St Paul's Cathedral early one morning.

View attachment 278568

Welcome to the world of Fuji! I'm sure you will enjoy your new kit and this is the best thread on TP so dive in :)

Back