The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well, after a couple of hiccups and a little bit of buyer‘s remorse...

.... all’s good. Bit nice, this XH1. :)

What was it you were using previous? XT-2?

And yup, agreed, the H1 is a lovely camera to use. I've threatened to sell mine a few times and try Sony or Canon ... but I'm glad I didn't.

On my motorcycle theme.......shot this tonight, experimental.

Suzuki GSX-R

Suzuki GSX-R by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E1 - Samyang 135/2 - iso 200 - @ f/2.8
Very nice, I've got mitre a few signed models in my man cave, I should do some shots myself at some pint. Once this nightmare is over I'll dig them out; they include:

Casey Stoner
Eddie Lawson
Wayne Garrdner
Freddie Spencer

with some unsigned ones of Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi, I have a Kimi Raikenon signed Ferrari model too... :)

Very nice, I've got mitre a few signed models in my man cave, I should do some shots myself at some pint. Once this nightmare is over I'll dig them out; they include:

Casey Stoner
Eddie Lawson
Wayne Garrdner
Freddie Spencer

with some unsigned ones of Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi, I have a Kimi Raikenon signed Ferrari model too... :)
Excellent Rick....!

I'm an motorcycle nut case, been riding motorcycles for 45+ years and still at it, so love it..!! I'd even say my motorcycle obsession is far worse than my Fuji/photography obsession.

Lol

mac

Last edited:
Excellent Rick....!

I'm an motorcycle nut case, been riding motorcycles for 45+ years and still at it, so love it..!! I'd even say my motorcycle obsession is far worse than my Fuji/photography obsession.

Lol

mac
I used to be, well I still love them but don't ride any more since one of my best mates was killed. I sold my last 4 bikes last year, I had a BMMW S1000R, GSXR750K1 track bike, Honda CB500 commuter, and a Honda Blackbird which I modified over a number of years, my proudest moment was when it had a 4 page feature in Performance Bikes magazine.

here are a couple of pics from, the article.

Untitled by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

At Cadwell Park

downloadt_060812_2122_cadwell_park by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

I used to be, well I still love them but don't ride any more since one of my best mates was killed. I sold my last 4 bikes last year, I had a BMMW S1000R, GSXR750K1 track bike, Honda CB500 commuter, and a Honda Blackbird which I modified over a number of years, my proudest moment was when it had a 4 page feature in Performance Bikes magazine.

here are a couple of pics from, the article.

At Cadwell Park

downloadt_060812_2122_cadwell_park by Rick Phillips, on Flickr
Great selection of 2-wheels there Rick..! I'd a 2002 fuel injected B'Bird myself in the most gorgeous candy red colour, the torque/grunt from that 1100cc donkey was/is simply stealth like.

I've had Gixers/Blades over the years, but now have my 12yr old V-Strom thou and loving it, along with my newly acquired Honda Innova 125cc Scooter which I'm having great/cheap fun with to be honest. Although in years to come I can see my V-Strom being replaced with a large Maxi-Scooter or something like a Yamaha Tracer 700cc.

I adore shooting photos of my two wheel machines with the Fuji gear for sure.

mac

Great selection of 2-wheels there Rick..! I'd a 2002 fuel injected B'Bird myself in the most gorgeous candy red colour, the torque/grunt from that 1100cc donkey was/is simply stealth like.

I've had Gixers/Blades over the years, but now have my 12yr old V-Strom thou and loving it, along with my newly acquired Honda Innova 125cc Scooter which I'm having great/cheap fun with to be honest. Although in years to come I can see my V-Strom being replaced with a large Maxi-Scooter or something like a Yamaha Tracer 700cc.

mac

I'd love to get back into biking, but dodgy knees a wrecked back don't really go hand in hand with biking, and I've only really had sports bikes. Last one was a 957cc 'Blade, I absolutely loved that bike, it went to Europe 4 times and all over the UK...

I certainly think this is a gorgeous shot. Is it hand held or did you use a tripod. Cannot wait to get out more with our X-T20, Still have much to learn though.
Thanks Paul this was with a tripod a very lightweight Benro one. Just enjoy it, really like the X-T20 also have a X-T30. I do mainly a mixture of landscapes and street these days and I personally prefer them over the X-T3 and X-H1 although I expect I'm in a minority of one in that regard. A use them with the f2 primes, a 55-200 and sometimes the 18-55 and for me they provide superb quality in a very lightweight package.

Thanks Paul this was with a tripod a very lightweight Benro one. Just enjoy it, really like the X-T20 also have a X-T30. I do mainly a mixture of landscapes and street these days and I personally prefer them over the X-T3 and X-H1 although I expect I'm in a minority of one in that regard. A use them with the f2 primes, a 55-200 and sometimes the 18-55 and for me they provide superb quality in a very lightweight package.

Eventually you'll graduate to an X100 series camera :D

mac
Try an nc750 :)
DCT version is like a hybrid scooter twist n go and a 'proper' motorbike, works well for the over 60s

Last edited:
Totally get your point. If it wasnt for the viewfinder Id probably have a X-T20 instead of the X-T2 and X-T3.

Totally get your point. If it wasnt for the viewfinder Id probably have a X-T20 instead of the X-T2 and X-T3.

When I have had a X-T2/3 and a X-T20/30 the viewfinder I found was something I got use to, no doubt its a lot better on the T2/3 but the T20/30 makes me scan the edge of the frame more (hope that makes sense) plus if Im shooting on a tripod I do use the LCD screen a lot and even with street I use the LCD a lot. The thing I miss the most is the portrait tilt of the LCD, the dedicated ISO dial not so much I have the ISO set to a button.
In the end its all down to personal choice and thats a good thing about Fuji you have plenty of choice with bodies.

Just had my macro kits on the scale. X-T3 and 80mm.......ouch....... : 1432g
With the 65mm Laowa: 1004g
Thats 428 very noticeable g out front when shooting handheld
Doing Michael Widell style one handed shots with the speedlight in the left hand lends itself to using the Laowa.
Even lying down supporting the lens is less taxing and easier. Hmmmmm noooooo Im not giving up my 80 :coat:

Last edited by a moderator:
A WCL would solve the wide end

I was think about the WCL when I said about adapting, The X100V with the tilt screen does very much appeal and like you said that with a WCL and the telephoto lens (it 50mm?) would cover the range up to 50mm very nicely. Started dabbling in a bit of astro and Im sure it would do that as well. If you can come up with a 135mm approx option it would be great :D

Doing Michael Widell style one handed shots with the speedlight in the left hand lends itself to using the Laowa.
Even lying down supporting the lens is less taxing and easier. Hmmmmm noooooo Im not giving up my 80 :coat:

Always fancied the 80mm but the weight puts off, been tempted with the Fuji 60mm macro as its sun 250g I believe.
How do you find the Laowa 65mm?

My "Grab bag" now consists of my T3, 10-24, 50-140 & 35 f1.4 plus my close up tubes. That's quite a bit of weight in all fairness, but a lot less than it would have been with my old Canon 6D, 17-40, & 70-200....

If I take a tripod it's my super lightweight Gitzo traveller...

Always fancied the 80mm but the weight puts off, been tempted with the Fuji 60mm macro as its sun 250g I believe.

Graham, if you want a play with the 60mm, you can borrow mine for a bit, it doesn't get that much use these days. I can box it up and post it to you...

I was think about the WCL when I said about adapting, The X100V with the tilt screen does very much appeal and like you said that with a WCL and the telephoto lens (it 50mm?) would cover the range up to 50mm very nicely. Started dabbling in a bit of astro and Im sure it would do that as well. If you can come up with a 135mm approx option it would be great :D

There is a digital zoom option in the camera -takes you to 100mm with the TCL - jpg only but surprisingly good

My "Grab bag" now consists of my T3, 10-24, 50-140 & 35 f1.4 plus my close up tubes. That's quite a bit of weight in all fairness, but a lot less than it would have been with my old Canon 6D, 17-40, & 70-200....

If I take a tripod it's my super lightweight Gitzo traveller...
That's sounds a lovely set up Steve nearly went that way myself.

Is this a scam?

hello
good day
my friend, how are you?
this is Chan from Amazon, we have some photography accessories need test, such as background, light stand etc. Are you interested?

We just need you to give us a great review, then we will gift to you the product for free. I think it is a easy things to you.

As a photography enthusiast, do you want to accept my invitation to test the product?

If you are interested it, please reply to me.

COVID-19 has a very serious impact, protect yourself , and wish you health.

Waiting your reply.
Best regards,

Chan

Is this a scam?

hello
good day
my friend, how are you?
this is Chan from Amazon, we have some photography accessories need test, such as background, light stand etc. Are you interested?

We just need you to give us a great review, then we will gift to you the product for free. I think it is a easy things to you.

As a photography enthusiast, do you want to accept my invitation to test the product?

If you are interested it, please reply to me.

COVID-19 has a very serious impact, protect yourself , and wish you health.

Waiting your reply.
Best regards,

Chan

Well if you copied and pasted, id say for sure yes. The grammar is shocking :eek:
Also if you can view the source of the email, that should tell you where it`s from too.

I thought it might be.

I've had mine just 2 weeks now, and am already loving it. Use it on my x-t3 and have found that the Fuji inbuilt focus peaking really comes into its own - have never used it before, but the Laowa is the first fully manual lens I have used since the 70s!
Have used it for focus stacking and am very impressed with the initial results. Impressed with the build quality, too. It's solidly made.

Every bit as Sharp as the 80, easier to use in MF, smaller, lighter, cheaper and going to 2:1. As a macro lens i think it's Better than the 80 but as an allround er, a bit of macro, a bit of portraits and some short Tele Street etc the 80 is a better solution with AF and OIS.

Every bit as Sharp as the 80, easier to use in MF, smaller, lighter, cheaper and going to 2:1. As a macro lens i think it's Better than the 80 but as an allround er, a bit of macro, a bit of portraits and some short Tele Street etc the 80 is a better solution with AF and OIS.
Having owned both the Fuji 60 and 80 macros, I agree with Søren about its sharpness, ease of use and that I think it gives better results than the 2 fujis. I don't intend to use it for anything other than macro work, so cannot comment on it as a portrait lens.

Also it`ll give you a good excuse to get a 90mm ;)
Which if I didn`t already have the 80, I would do.

Back