The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone ? :ty:

How many X100V owners in here please?
Are you pleased with it? Any issues or annoyances?
Any X100F users decided against upgrading? If so what was the deciding factor?

Still on the fence about a return to any kind of camera over and above my smartphone (11Pro so has a useful wide, normal and tele lens) and what normally happens which is the camera gets left at home :rolleyes:

Still on the fence about a return to any kind of camera over and above my smartphone (11Pro so has a useful wide, normal and tele lens) and what normally happens which is the camera gets left at home :rolleyes:

I'm an X100F user who has decided against upgrading (at least for the moment), although I would love the improved EVF, tilting screen and WR, most of what I shoot is around F8, where the lens improvements are not as noticeable (if at all in the real world), if I was primarily an wide open shooter then I would have to own the V as it really is a lot sharper wide open (though the softness of the F wide open does have some charm!). The V is a lovely bit of kit and if I only could own one camera then it would be top of my list. My F still suits my needs.

(No doubt there will be a limited edition 10th anniversary X100V before the end of the year...........)

My X-T4 batteries and charger are here at last. However, I feel let down again over battery charging issues. No mains lead for the charger, meaning I have to use the one that came with the camera. So I can charge directly from the camera - OR charge two batteries using the external charger. Not both at the same time.

View attachment 278992
Hi Dave, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours from? I'm still waiting for mine :(

That 80mm is some lens! Great shots :)

Thanks, Rick (y)
I`ve always had a macro in my line up, and probably would struggle without one tbh. Fortunately, when I shifted all my Nikon kit, I had the funds to get one :)

In my quest for a X-H1 body, I'll be putting up my X-T2 body along with Samyang 135/2 lens in the classifieds soon I think...

mac
Keeping the XP1 though?

Yes, I got my silver 100V last month and it is a truly lovely bit of kit. I did get one of the first X100's when they were first introduced and have bought/sold the entire model line up. I decided in the end that I wanted a changeable lens rangefinder and bought the X-Pro2.

But I do like the unique style of the X100 series and was just staggered at the touchy/feely of the 100V at a show and ordered one straight away. No regrets at all, it is just superb and the screen, focus speeds and WR are just added bonuses to what I consider to be the most beautiful camera I have owned. I bought it on its looks and feel alone which for many may be a bit sad but it just felt right.

I do find the lens to be sharper than my other X100's especially the original (though I do miss that dreamy soft Bayer sensor) but it is fag paper differences between this and the F. But focusing is quicker and more reliable and, as jumping out of perfectly servicable aircraft has made a difference to my posture, I truly love the tilty screen.

Video is not a priority for me though the quality is absolutely superb and having added the WR filter and adapter, which Mr Fuji San is laughing all the way to the bank with, I can take it out here in Mid Wales, where the sun makes an occasional appearance in-between rain showers, without any worries at all.

If I hadn't sold my 100F I would have thought long and hard before upgrading but the additional features do add immeasurably to the camera and it just looks and feels so much more polished. So I probably would have taken the hit, sold and upgraded.

However, the 100F is a fantastic camera and at its current price, which may even drop further, it is an absolute steal.

Last edited:
I'm an X100F user who has decided against upgrading (at least for the moment), although I would love the improved EVF, tilting screen and WR, most of what I shoot is around F8, where the lens improvements are not as noticeable (if at all in the real world), if I was primarily an wide open shooter then I would have to own the V as it really is a lot sharper wide open (though the softness of the F wide open does have some charm!). The V is a lovely bit of kit and if I only could own one camera then it would be top of my list. My F still suits my needs.

(No doubt there will be a limited edition 10th anniversary X100V before the end of the year...........)

Thank you - that is helpful. The wide open shots are what I miss about only using my smartphone. Not worried about WR and am neutral over a tilting screen.

Yes, I got my silver 100V last month and it is a truly lovely bit of kit. I did get one of the first X100's when they were first introduced and have bought/sold the entire model line up. I decided in the end that I wanted a changeable lens rangefinder and bought the X-Pro2.

But I do like the unique style of the X100 series and was just staggered at the touchy/feely of the 100V at a show and ordered one straight away. No regrets at all, it is just superb and the screen, focus speeds and WR are just added bonuses to what I consider to be the most beautiful camera I have owned. I bought it on its looks and feel alone which for many may be a bit sad but it just felt right.

I do find the lens to be sharper than my other X100's especially the original (though I do miss that dreamy soft Bayer sensor) but it is fag paper differences between this and the F. But focusing is quicker and more reliable and, as jumping out of perfectly servicable aircraft has made a difference to my posture, I truly love the tilty screen.

Video is not a priority for me though the quality is absolutely superb and having added the WR filter and adapter, which Mr Fuji San is laughing all the way to the bank with, I can take it out here in Mid Wales, where the sun makes an occasional showing in-between rain showers, without any worries at all.

If I hadn't sold my 100F I would have thought long and hard before upgrading but the additional features do add immeasurably to the camera and it just looks and feels so much more polished. So I probably would have taken the hit, sold and upgraded.

However, the 100F is a fantastic camera and at its current price, which may even drop further, it is an absolute steal.

I’ve had a T and 2xF’s already lol. Also, like you I’m not interested in video. Thanks for your thoughts.

Out a very short ride to my local golf course for a photo-shoot this afternoon, I still love the X-E1's sensor.

Honda Innova by APM Photography, on Flickr

Samyang 135/2 - iso 400 - 1/1250th
There is certainly something about the older sensors. I love the results from the XP1, in fact if I could have that sensor in the T3 or H1 i'd prefer it. I know if may sound odd...

There is certainly something about the older sensors. I love the results from the XP1, in fact if I could have that sensor in the T3 or H1 i'd prefer it. I know if may sound odd...
I totally get that Rick, and wouldn't it be fantastic to have that elderly XE1 sensor placed in a X-H1/X-T3-4 etc....

It delivers beautiful rendition....... painterly like.

Isn't the sensor in the X-E1 the exact same as the X-Pro1 ?

mac

Last edited:
I totally get that Rick, and wouldn't it be fantastic to have that elderly XE1 sensor placed in a X-H1/X-T3-4 etc....

It delivers beautiful rendition....... painterly like.

Isn't the sensor in the X-E1 the exact same as the X-Pro1 ?

mac

From what I have seen yes. I love the rendition, and use it for many things which don't require any sort of speed. I can't see me ever getting rid of mine, especially as they are worth peanuts.

Back