The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

This is something completely different for me, I’ve had a set of macro tubes for about 6 months now but haven’t really had much chance to use them until this afternoon when this decided to make an appearance. It’s a shame I didn’t pull off enough depth of field to get the whole body in focus but for an early attempt I’m quite pleased actually. Purely going by its appearance and behaviour I’m guessing it’s a Red Darter?

DSCX0210 by James, on Flickr

Great shot Hadron, may I ask which macro tubes did you use, there are various types and I am still very much in the learning curve. Thanks.

Just to try and cheer myself up a bit, just ordered a Silver X-T4 so hope to have it tomorrow.
So glad i bought the T4,it just feels solid.

Great shot Hadron, may I ask which macro tubes did you use, there are various types and I am still very much in the learning curve. Thanks.
Thanks, these are what I used JJC although I don’t recall them costing as much as that when I got them. I did try a real cheap set off eBay that for some reason would fit some of my lens’ but not others :thinking:

This is something completely different for me, I’ve had a set of macro tubes for about 6 months now but haven’t really had much chance to use them until this afternoon when this decided to make an appearance. It’s a shame I didn’t pull off enough depth of field to get the whole body in focus but for an early attempt I’m quite pleased actually. Purely going by its appearance and behaviour I’m guessing it’s a Red Darter?

DSCX0210 by James, on Flickr
That will be a large red damselfly rather than a red darter as it's not a dragonfly. Nice pic.

don,t know why the photo is not displaying right.

It is now,strange one

Last edited:
My 50mm-140mm arrived today,it is a bit of a beast quite heavy,hope it,s worth it.:)

DSCF0170 by james bingham, on Flickr
The 50-140 is a cracking lens, I've got mine sat on my T3 in my office, just missed the Spitfire landing today though :(

Yep i love it already

Not got a clue where to start,i use LR6 mostly.

I`m pretty much a mirror opposite. If I had LR open in front of me, I wouldn`t have a clue ;)

Got my Mitakon 35mm 0.95 the other day. So today I managed to persuade my daughter to let me take one photo of her. And I mean one. Talk about pressure when trying to nail focus with extremely narrow DOF:eek: . Needless to say it's not the best shot in the world and my daughter's expressions shows how long it took me to get focus and even then I didn't totally nail it :LOL:, but boy am I loving the rendering. Also I'll have to watch the lens flares as I don't have a hood for it but hey it adds to the vintage look this lens gives out :)

DSCF1321 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

Another quick play with C1. I am really loving this, I'll be using it for tethering from now on for any portrait stuff. :)

DSCF3102 1 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Not sure how the sky ended up very green... here's a quick edit.

West end field by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
One Silver X-T4 just delivered.

Hope you enjoy it. I love mine. Although to for anyone, try and avoid dust and spots on the sensor more than normal. Somehow I got a couple spots on mine and I didnt enjoy cleaning the sensor with dry swabs with it moving around all over the place.

Hope you enjoy it. I love mine. Although to for anyone, try and avoid dust and spots on the sensor more than normal. Somehow I got a couple spots on mine and I didnt enjoy cleaning the sensor with dry swabs with it moving around all over the place.
There is a method of locking the sensor with the X-H1 so it doesn't get damaged when cleaning, I'm sure there is something similar for the T4.

Last edited:
One Silver X-T4 just delivered.
Great stuff Dave, be very interested to hear how you think it compares to your other stuff, especially the X-H1 and XP3.

Just a simple close up type Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of some leaves on one of the trees in my garden that I quite liked the way the contre-jour light was catching them.

X-H1, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Spring Yellows-03424
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

That would look good as a bit of "wall art" George...

That would look good as a bit of "wall art" George...

Thank you kindly Steve, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

On my quest to seemingly own every Fuji Camera ever made, I now own an xt3!
Will be selling the xT1 shortly.

Bought primarily for video, but it will do most of stills too, as I rarely use the d700 these days.

So far, it’s a learning curve, the menu is laughable, whoever designed that needs shooting. The xt1 menu is so much better. Only today after 3 days of ownership have I found the screen to assign card slots, despite going through the whole menu numerous times.

The video settings mean nothing to me, but I’ve gathered that 4k, 24fps, h265, all intra, 400mbs works best for what I do. Doesnt half eat memory though. 90gb on about 15 mins of footage.
Just need to learn the dark art of videography now.

Very very strange thing just happened to me on Wex, I was just being nosy when a 90mph bit of glass just got ordered so very strange :D

You been on the scratch cards again? ;)

Not this time, just some money saved from not going out.

Damn considering a T4 and a 90, you must have gone out a hell of a lot lol :D
Nice one mate (y) Soon be back with the Jazz ...

I nearly got the 16mm f1.4 with it but changed my mind, as might get a GoPro8 for the MTB.

But you really do need to get a Pro1, T1 and T2 and complete two sets ;) You are amassing a very nice Fuji shelf.

If anyone has a cheap 18-55 spare over the next few weeks I may be interested

Back