The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If anyone has a cheap 18-55 spare over the next few weeks I may be interested
I might have one available if I go for the 16-55,

Just a quick heads up for anyone wanting C1 pro
I just got an email with a nice discount, so seemed silly not to upgrade :)
Here`s the code Coupon Code: FHOLGJOOW for 45% off (y)

Damn... I bought this 3 days ago :( never mind. Hopefully someone can get use from it, super editor.

It's a rip off for Capture One for sure. Whether it will work on not is another matter, there are loads of cracks / patches / key generators around for all sorts of software if you are that way inclined. Personally I would rather pay the company and fund further upgrades and improvements. :)
Yep totally agree with that.

Is that just for the Fuji version or the full suite?

I`m not sure, as I only have fuji. You could try it out, as you can enter it before you commit to pay.

Last edited:
Damn... I bought this 3 days ago :( never mind. Hopefully someone can get use from it, super editor.

Sods law, mate. That usually happens to me ;)

Thats great as I only wanted the Fuji version. Will try the code out later. Thanks for posting

No worries Philip
We`re a caring, sharing bunch here :)

I'd thought I'd have another look at C1, and there are some things I like about it, but I still couldn't give up on my Adobe subscription, and for the use it would get, I'll stick with the free version, I can't afford to run both of them.

I'd thought I'd have another look at C1, and there are some things I like about it, but I still couldn't give up on my Adobe subscription, and for the use it would get, I'll stick with the free version, I can't afford to run both of them.

Well I`m won`t be dumping PS any time soon, but for the price, and all the extra raw bits, i`m happy with £70 :)

Well I`m won`t be dumping PS any time soon, but for the price, and all the extra raw bits, i`m happy with £70 :)
It certainly won't replace PS (or any other equivalent) due to the way it deals with layers etc. You can't use C1 for composites and stuff like background replacement, but I can do that in either ON1 or Affinitiy. I like the C1 speed and output for the RAW editing features, I'd say it is more of an LR replacement that PS. :)

It certainly won't replace PS (or any other equivalent) due to the way it deals with layers etc. You can't use C1 for composites and stuff like background replacement, but I can do that in either ON1 or Affinitiy. I like the C1 speed and output for the RAW editing features, I'd say it is more of an LR replacement that PS. :)

Just had a quick play with the raw processing, and jeeze you get so much more to fiddle with :) I`m pleased I got it. I agree, the way PS can do certain things is what I love about it.

Here's my smallrig L Bracket with my new favourite lens, the Mitakon 35mm .95.

Gotta say I'm really impressed with the smallrig. Build quality is fantastic

MVIMG_20200530_095823 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

MVIMG_20200530_095832 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

Looks smart. Those Smallrig brackets really are quality. I had one for my XT2.

Where did you buy that from...I have been looking for their one for the X T30 but it seems fairly costly and would probably attract vat and import duty on top.

Smallrig sell on Amazon UK, (seller name Smallrig Direct.) That’s where I got mine. Next day Prime delivery.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to do a "people project" for a while, and during the lockdown the doorstep portrait has become popular, so I've started something in our little town (it's a village really!), and did the first two yesterday.

This pub was going to be sold to convert into apartments, but the management team are trying to raise the money to buy it as a community run place. Lockdown couldn't have come at a worse time as it was a couple days into their share offer...

Dawn & Bren by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

And this is Jasmine & her little girl, shot in one of the many wildflower meadows we have here. Sun was a bit bright but I think I managed to get around it...

Jasmine by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Wow. The price of the XT3 has jumped back up again. Was the 899 price a limited offer?
Hm Wex still has at 899, but Amazon went up. Maybe just an availability thing? Not sure if they're going to continue selling it in general with the X-T4 out?

I've been wanting to do a "people project" for a while, and during the lockdown the doorstep portrait has become popular, so I've started something in our little town (it's a village really!), and did the first two yesterday.

This pub was going to be sold to convert into apartments, but the management team are trying to raise the money to buy it as a community run place. Lockdown couldn't have come at a worse time as it was a couple days into their share offer...

Dawn & Bren by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

And this is Jasmine & her little girl, shot in one of the many wildflower meadows we have here. Sun was a bit bright but I think I managed to get around it...

Jasmine by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Two very nice Fujigraphs Steve, and a great idea, particularly liking #2.

George.

That's a very nice Fujigraph Paul, well composed with some fine detail. I don't know if its toned etc but the presentation certainly works for me.

George.

Thank you, George :)
I just played with the adjustments in C1 haha and kinda liked how it came out ;)

Back