The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I feel compelled to write about my experience with Fujifilm UK repair service.

I booked a lens in for repair last Thursday, the box and packaging arrived on Friday, which I duly packaged and sent off straight away at my local post office. I had an email first thing this morning saying that the lens had been received - I had another email this afternoon saying that the repair had been complete and the lens has been sent back. I had another email just now from the couriier to say it will be delivered tomorrow!

wow! that is absolutely fantastic service and I couldn't possibly ask for anything more. Great job by the folks at Fujifilm UK, makes me realise that my decision to move to Fujifilm was absolutely correct on so many levels.

I've used them twice and they've been brilliant both times.

I feel compelled to write about my experience with Fujifilm UK repair service.

I booked a lens in for repair last Thursday, the box and packaging arrived on Friday, which I duly packaged and sent off straight away at my local post office. I had an email first thing this morning saying that the lens had been received - I had another email this afternoon saying that the repair had been complete and the lens has been sent back. I had another email just now from the couriier to say it will be delivered tomorrow!

wow! that is absolutely fantastic service and I couldn't possibly ask for anything more. Great job by the folks at Fujifilm UK, makes me realise that my decision to move to Fujifilm was absolutely correct on so many levels.
I’ve used them twice. Once for my grey import X-T3 which was totally wreaked when it was crushed ripping the lens mount off and smashing the sensor, I never though it could have been repaired but like you, it was back in my hands within the week looking like new. If only all company's had such amazing customer service!

Any love in here for X-S10 ?
I may not be best placed to comment as I don't have any Fuji experience to contrast/compare with (bar a Finepix model from years ago), but here's my three penn'orth.

I got my X-S10 a couple of weeks ago. I've had many cameras over the years from film Praktica's to Panasonic compact (TZ60) & bridge (FZ330) both of which I still have, Canon EOS DSLR (100D and 77D) neither of which I have now and several others in between. I consider myself someone who like photography as a bit of a hobby/fun rather than someone who is either any good at it, or as serious as many of those on this forum, but in retirement I'm trying to aspire to become a better photographer rather than a "snapper".

I bought the X-S10 after struggling to get on with my 77D which I found too big & heavy for regular use. After a LOT of research, mirrorless and Fuji seemed the way forward after almost pressing the button on a Panasonic or Olympus M43. I was thinking X-T30 but wasn't a massive fan of the retro body style and dials (I know, I know...shoot me down :LOL: ) and then the X-S10 was announced and it seemed to good to be true, with a deeper grip, fully articulating screen and PASM as well as IBIS.

Anyway, I have it now with an 18-55 and 50-230. So far I love it. I'm slowly getting to grips with the settings and menus which feel more complex and have more depth than the Canon's. I was worried about the joystick having only ever had cameras with a D pad, but that concern has proven unfounded.

Overall, it's (relatively) light but feels solidly built, great to handle, has more settings than I'll ever need. I've seen views that the EVF is too small for some, but personally I'm fine with it, even as a glasses wearer. Battery life isn't fantastic, but I never go out without at least one spare. It takes seconds to change a battery, so whilst it would be nice to get more shots form one unit, it's far from the end of the world.

All in all, I'm very please with my purchase, and just waiting for some decent weather to get some really nice shots it it's pretty much been incessant rain and dark cloud in South Wales since I got it! A couple of sample images below. Happy to answer any questions about the X-S10 if I can.

DSCF0032 by Simon P Hiscocks, on Flickr

DSCF0432 by Simon P Hiscocks, on Flickr

DSCF0466 by Simon P Hiscocks, on Flickr

X-s10 seems to have a great trade off between form factor and feature set, its most of an xt4 after all

I just prefer the more trad fuji looks and controls ... so hoping for an xt40 still

Got GAS Trev ?

You know me too well. And I’ve invested in too many systems. Gonna do some whittling down.
Yep. Really fancy another Fuji for fun. I like to muck about with Film Sims etc.
I’ll keep my S**y though.

I may not be best placed to comment as I don't have any Fuji experience to contrast/compare with (bar a Finepix model from years ago), but here's my three penn'orth.

I got my X-S10 a couple of weeks ago. I've had many cameras over the years from film Praktica's to Panasonic compact (TZ60) & bridge (FZ330) both of which I still have, Canon EOS DSLR (100D and 77D) neither of which I have now and several others in between. I consider myself someone who like photography as a bit of a hobby/fun rather than someone who is either any good at it, or as serious as many of those on this forum, but in retirement I'm trying to aspire to become a better photographer rather than a "snapper".

I bought the X-S10 after struggling to get on with my 77D which I found too big & heavy for regular use. After a LOT of research, mirrorless and Fuji seemed the way forward after almost pressing the button on a Panasonic or Olympus M43. I was thinking X-T30 but wasn't a massive fan of the retro body style and dials (I know, I know...shoot me down :LOL: ) and then the X-S10 was announced and it seemed to good to be true, with a deeper grip, fully articulating screen and PASM as well as IBIS.

Anyway, I have it now with an 18-55 and 50-230. So far I love it. I'm slowly getting to grips with the settings and menus which feel more complex and have more depth than the Canon's. I was worried about the joystick having only ever had cameras with a D pad, but that concern has proven unfounded.

Overall, it's (relatively) light but feels solidly built, great to handle, has more settings than I'll ever need. I've seen views that the EVF is too small for some, but personally I'm fine with it, even as a glasses wearer. Battery life isn't fantastic, but I never go out without at least one spare. It takes seconds to change a battery, so whilst it would be nice to get more shots form one unit, it's far from the end of the world.

All in all, I'm very please with my purchase, and just waiting for some decent weather to get some really nice shots it it's pretty much been incessant rain and dark cloud in South Wales since I got it! A couple of sample images below. Happy to answer any questions about the X-S10 if I can.

Thanks Simon. Very helpful.

You know me too well. And I’ve invested in too many systems. Gonna do some whittling down.
Yep. Really fancy another Fuji for fun. I like to muck about with Film Sims etc.
I’ll keep my S**y though.
I've had an XT-4 in the basket for a couple of days (for video), still pontificating lol

I've had an XT-4 in the basket for a couple of days (for video), still pontificating lol

Great camera. I had one for a short while. Stills only. It’s between this and the X-S10

that 2nd shot is looking nice and sharp.(y)

On the X-E3 what are the best settings for the film look?

Look here

biWtHxHh.jpg

X100v 1/100 f2 iso1250

I just love the Highland coos, even as far away down on the south coast - they have the view of Corfe Castle. Taken a little while ago when we had a heavy frost (snow is a rarity here, so this is about as close as we will probably get here) - PS I don't think I have posted these before... :thinking:
Highland coos in Corfe by Donna White, on Flickr
Highland coo in Dorset by Donna White, on Flickr

I have the Tiffen Black Pro Mist 1/4 - I ordered it from Tiffen in the USA, they dispatched it quickly but then it spent 6 weeks in the US postal service before it actually left the USA!!

I’ve not really had much chance to use it yet, but quite impressed with what I’ve seen so far. There are obviously different strengths available but must people seem to say don’t go too strong for stills, the higher strengths are for video.

Moment have just launched their Cinebloom range, but I’ve read some where that their 10% is equivalent to Tiffens 1/2 - There is also a new range from Formatt Hitech, although readily available these are in large ring sizes - I only wanted 48mm to start with fir the X100 and X100+WCL

I was having a look at the BPM filters as on a FB group I'm in they're all the rage and the photos as well as yours looks great. I spotted a 49mm down to £62 on Amazon from £80+ so decided to just take the plunge; I didn't realise how expensive they were! After watching a video on them I ended up going middle ground for the 1/4 like yourself.

@YoshiK1 & @Mr Perceptive
Have you seen the YT diy versions? I do like the effect of these, but as has been said. They aint cheap ;)
I might have a dig around in the loft and see if I can find an old one to abuse haha

@YoshiK1 & @Mr Perceptive
Have you seen the YT diy versions? I do like the effect of these, but as has been said. They aint cheap ;)
I might have a dig around in the loft and see if I can find an old one to abuse haha

I did not! I've just watched a video now and I suppose it makes sense to spray a filter with black spray paint. The effect looks fairly strong, much stronger than a 1/4 which I'm not sure I'd use too much but I might now make one that is stronger and see how I get one. Thanks for th heads up! I'd be interested in your process of making one if you do and I think it would work nicely with the lighting on your Star Wars shoots :D

Evening fellow Fuji lovers.

Hope you are all keeping well.

It's been a while since I have posted, things are sooo manic and lockdown 2.0 plus home schooling seems to be zapping me of all my energy and enthusiasm.

Haven;t been outdoors with the camera for ages so I have been trying to re ignite the desire to take photos indoors.

Did this one tonight when I had a spare moment - I call it "Insert here"

Insert here by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

I did not! I've just watched a video now and I suppose it makes sense to spray a filter with black spray paint. The effect looks fairly strong, much stronger than a 1/4 which I'm not sure I'd use too much but I might now make one that is stronger and see how I get one. Thanks for th heads up! I'd be interested in your process of making one if you do and I think it would work nicely with the lighting on your Star Wars shoots :D

Yeah I`ll have to experiment bit biy bit I guess. One vid I watched, the guy used hair spray :eek: But can be cleaned off. Just have to find some fine mist spray, which I think the graffitti ones are, so watch this space ;)

Yeah I`ll have to experiment bit biy bit I guess. One vid I watched, the guy used hair spray :eek: But can be cleaned off. Just have to find some fine mist spray, which I think the graffitti ones are, so watch this space ;)

When I was researching what mist filters were, one guy said that it was like a dark specks in the glass and showed you it in the video. The dark is apparently to keep the dark areas for contrast in the photo. If I remember correctly, I believe different strengths have more or less of the black specks. I think the black spray paint would work the best. I wonder what white spray paint would do. I think I've a couple UV filters kicking about somewhere and some silver spray paint. I might see what that does!

At 1min 10seconds he shows you the black specks.

View: https://youtu.be/Ne5htfQiccs

When I was researching what mist filters were, one guy said that it was like a dark specks in the glass and showed you it in the video. The dark is apparently to keep the dark areas for contrast in the photo. If I remember correctly, I believe different strengths have more or less of the black specks. I think the black spray paint would work the best. I wonder what white spray paint would do. I think I've a couple UV filters kicking about somewhere and some silver spray paint. I might see what that does!

At 1min 10seconds he shows you the black specks.

View: https://youtu.be/Ne5htfQiccs

That was one of the ones I watched (y)

Haha go for it, you never know ;)

I caved. I’ve got X-S10 on the way with 16-80

I love the 35f1.4 but I’m tempted by the Viltrox 33 (I’m starting again with lenses)
Any thought one v the other. I’ll probably only ever shoot it wide open.

Back