The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Will the Topaz In-Focus plugin work with LR? I use it with PS and it's good.

Edit: just checked and they do have it for LR:

http://www.topazlabs.com/infocus

I have their whole photography bundle and they're good plugins.

isnt the problem to do with importing the files into Lightroom in the first place? I thought if you import them Adobe has already done some jiggery pokery therefore buggered the files before you even start

isnt the problem to do with importing the files into Lightroom in the first place? I thought if you import them Adobe has already done some jiggery pokery therefore buggered the files before you even start

Wouldn't have thought so but I've never used LR. My Fuji RAW files won't open in my older CS4 PS so I convert them in Iridient and then export them to PS.

Wouldn't have thought so but I've never used LR. My Fuji RAW files won't open in my older CS4 PS so I convert them in Iridient and then export them to PS.

What do you export them as? File type?

AFAIK ACR PS and LR will process Fuji RAF exactly the same upon initial import without any user tweaks.

I'm shooting a wedding in a few weeks time... Primarily on my Canon 6D, but I will be using the XT1 as a camera for the odd candid shot. Any advice on "matching" my shots between the Fuji and the Canon? I know the bride and groom probably won't notice any difference between the photos, but I will :p

I'm shooting a wedding in a few weeks time... Primarily on my Canon 6D, but I will be using the XT1 as a camera for the odd candid shot. Any advice on "matching" my shots between the Fuji and the Canon? I know the bride and groom probably won't notice any difference between the photos, but I will :p

Shoot raw process accordingly.

Had a day away from my shandy drinking southerner acqaintance. Finished up up to my knees in water as high tide came in, and I was on the road!

Skippool Creek (1)
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Thought it was ideal for some 10 stop stuff, but this is with 15 on! Trouble is that the tide was rocking the boats so I'm not too happy with the results.

Skippool Creek (2)

Had a day away from my shandy drinking southerner acqaintance. Finished up up to my knees in water as high tide came in, and I was on the road!

Skippool Creek (1)

Thought it was ideal for some 10 stop stuff, but this is with 15 on! Trouble is that the tide was rocking the boats so I'm not too happy with the results.

Skippool Creek (2)

Like those. Interesting photo bomb by the dilapidated Viking boat in the second shot. :D

There's all sorts of shadows in these. They were 6 minute exposures so lots of stuff got caught.

Are you meaning the hulk? It's an old decaying fishing boat. I've been inside it some time ago but wouldn't do so now. Don't trust the timbers. It was a fishing boat from Fleetwood when they were the biggest fishing port in England. All gone now.

Just up the coast are some iron hulks abandoned on some mud flats. You can walk out to them. They make interesting shots.

Are you meaning the hulk? It's an old decaying fishing boat. I've been inside it some time ago but wouldn't do so now. Don't trust the timbers. It was a fishing boat from Fleetwood when they were the biggest fishing port in England. All gone now.

Just up the coast are some iron hulks abandoned on some mud flats. You can walk out to them. They make interesting shots.

Love it. In that second shot, to me, it looks like the wreck of an old Viking boat.

Fantastic shots there Mickledore. I haven't forgot about the other trip we have planned Ive ben quite ill recently.

I was only thinking about going there yesterday, we must catch up.

This place has a massive tidal range. I was there at high tide a the road was under 2 feet of water. At low tide these boats are 30-40 feet above the waterline.

Chris. Hi again. Thought you must be under the weather. Happy to go again to here and the Fleetwood wrecks and Mary's Shell at Cleveleys. Lots to do up there. You going on the Liverpool meet on Saturday?

Didn't know there was one mate, I've been completely away from photography for the last few weeks. My Missus is playing out with her Mum so I'll find the thread and have a look.

Yeah I found that link earlier, even with the suggested settings it's still pretty crap in comparison. Annoying as I love the workflow but the loss of detail is a killer for me.

Looks like I will be sticking with capture one until it's fixed some day.

I have tried C1 and it's a decent program, but I didn't notice a massive sharpening difference. Though I did want to turn down its default NR.

Could you by any chance post a RAF file and an example of the output you like with C1? I'm a bit intrigued now. As I mentioned, I do tend to do a tad more selective sharpening in PS, but only because I'm leery of oversharpening too much, too soon.

I have tried C1 and it's a decent program, but I didn't notice a massive sharpening difference. Though I did want to turn down its default NR.

Could you by any chance post a RAF file and an example of the output you like with C1? I'm a bit intrigued now. As I mentioned, I do tend to do a tad more selective sharpening in PS, but only because I'm leery of oversharpening too much, too soon.
:plus1:

Didn't know there was one mate, I've been completely away from photography for the last few weeks. My Missus is playing out with her Mum so I'll find the thread and have a look.
Just noticed your new Avatar. Who is the guy?

i'll do some later this eve :) I was just picking random shots, zooming in on the eyes and in LR the eyes were kinda blurry even though I know the shot was dead on sharp..if I open the same file in C1 the standard image zoomed in the same amount instantly looks sharper and can be made even sharper whereas in LR when sharpening it looked terrible.

Always good when you're in the middle of a for sale thread and the limit for posts kicks in, preventing all access to it. Nice one TP.

I got my X-A2 yesterday by the way @twist so will have a play with my lenses tonight and make a decision on what to keep. I have a feeling I'll keep the 35 and 16-50 to keep it a lightweight package. It feels quite basic having used the X-T1 we a while but I'm sure it'll serve my very infrequent needs.

I got my X-A2 yesterday by the way @twist so will have a play with my lenses tonight and make a decision on what to keep. I have a feeling I'll keep the 35 and 16-50 to keep it a lightweight package. It feels quite basic having used the X-T1 we a while but I'm sure it'll serve my very infrequent needs.

The 35 is very good, probably my favourite lens. The FL is nice and it produces beautiful images for a small & cheap lens. Not to try sway you but imo the 56 is going to be to big on an XA2, I found it front heavy on my XE1. Although the XA2 is missing some of the XT1 features Im sure its still a very capable camera. The pancakes would be nice on the XA2.

True. Might even try to source a 27 if I sell the 35 as well. Will have a play and see this weekend if I can remember how to use it!

True. Might even try to source a 27 if I sell the 35 as well. Will have a play and see this weekend if I can remember how to use it!

I recently purchased another 27, for what it is I quite like it, good FL, okay aperture but the main thing is its tiny and very sharp wide open, AF is pretty fast to. For the money cant really go wrong. As long as Im using Fuji I wouldnt sell my 35 (unless they make the 33 1.0), its a key FL for me and its not much money.

Is the Fuji your only camera?

@twist Could you do me a favour and post in my sale thread to explain why I can't respond at the moment... Seems bonkers this.

Any suggestions for getting a spare rear lens cap? I seem to be one missing :(

Hi all,

I just received my X-T1 from Baz yesterday and I'm going through the process of setting up the quick menus. I have a couple of things I'd like to do which probably aren't possible but I'm hoping you can tell me otherwise.

I'm doing a personal project where I'm taking square format black and white photos (I call them MonoSquares). So obviously I'd like to have a custom menu which sets this up in one go, it seems though that although the aspect ratio can be accessed in the Q menu, it cannot be saved to a custom menu setting?

I can change it manually but this means going to my custom menu, for B&W and then seperately selecting the aspect ratio, then 2 clicks to select 1:1 and then I'm ready to go. Then I have to do the same to change back to 3:2 when I'm done.

I have a similar want for a silent mode, it'd be ideal to have a custom setting for both Electronic shutter and silent mode active but I can't seem to associate either of these to a custom setting.

It seems like this is something that Fuji must have chosen to leave out of the custom settings which I find strange.

Thanks in advance
Mark.

Back