The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hi Dave I took your advice on Layers so watched a few on youtube. Not great at all but now thanks to you I can try to get better at it. All I did on this was bring up the church then the pathway, a lot to learn but I look forward to it so thanks again.

View attachment 119742
Glad it was helpful, and yes there's a lot to explore. I think this shot is looking more focused, but you could also bring out the masonry at the edge of the path, which has nice textures, and the people, who definitely add interest.

So just did my first indoor shoot with the 56 and realised that the length is so much more than I'm used to (ooer) so now I need to decide. 23 f1.4 or f2 or a zoom with a wide end for indoor shots. Any thoughts on which is better? I've owned the 23 1.4 and loved it, bit that's all I've had bar the 56

:runaway:
I got those same shots too.
My massive pano of the waterfront worked well. I nanaged to fet 24 shots all the same distance from the frontages and corrected perspective nicely. Only problem is that the sky was carp so the final image is disappointing.

Hi Dave I took your advice on Layers so watched a few on youtube. Not great at all but now thanks to you I can try to get better at it. All I did on this was bring up the church then the pathway, a lot to learn but I look forward to it so thanks again.

View attachment 119742

That Fujigraph now looks better Sir, well done and keep up the good work.(y)

George.

Not so much a commute as the location of our doctors! We lived at Barcaldine Castle near Benderloch. If we got stuck on the Oban side of the Connel bridge when it was closed by an accident (frequently!) it was one heck of a diversion up Glencoe and back down.
a long diversion stephen ....but think of those amazing views of glencoe you got to see (y)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of the ball entering the basket during a game of basketball on the seafront.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1900th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Ball In The Basket (C)-03166C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Very nice and well timed shot George, I like watching them when I go down there too.

Very nice and well timed shot George, I like watching them when I go down there too.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

I thought you'd know exactly where that was taken.:D:D

George.

Last edited:
A friend asked me to take some shots of her for her website. One of these was to represent calm and confident when choosing clothes. (She's a therapist dealing with a lot of body issues) I like this as I think it conveys that, but any feedback would be good. I deliberately blew out the window, trying for an almost ethereal, angelic feeling.

DSCF3612-Edit by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

A friend asked me to take some shots of her for her website. One of these was to represent calm and confident when choosing clothes. (She's a therapist dealing with a lot of body issues) I like this as I think it conveys that, but any feedback would be good. I deliberately blew out the window, trying for an almost ethereal, angelic feeling.

I think you achieved your (and her) aims in this shot.

That’s a lovely Fujigraph Sir, really nice pose & expression, well framed, and works well with the high key mono presentation.(y)

George.

A very well taken shot Nick, I think you both should be pleased with this.

That’s a lovely Fujigraph Sir, really nice pose & expression, well framed, and works well with the high key mono presentation.(y)

George.

Thank you George. Much appreciated as always

Here you are @Mr Perceptive
Changed the sky and it still didn't look right so I went all arty with it. Best I could do. More work needed. PP needs to be a bit more carefully done, but I'm off to the hospital now so this will have to do.
Wonder how the guy with his tilt & shift camera went on?
View attachment 119746

@mickledore

Me like that effort, worked so much better than the one from the lakes

A Recent Visit To The Buachaille
it was freezing cold and my feet were numb standing in the river etive :eek:

FUJI XT2 FUJI XF 10-24mm 15sec f/8 ISO 200

blue mountain by tam love, on Flickr

:fuji:

That’s one very nice Fujigraph Sir, with some good detail from foreground onwards, nice colour and good exposure.(y)

George.

Trying to find some interesting angles on a very complicated building...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/245327637/lloyds-by-ash-smith

v2

https://500px.com/photo/245327687/peek-a-boo-by-ash-smith

That's a super image, Nick. Her pose and expression definitely convey calm and confident, and your processing works well to give a really clean look.

That's a super image, Nick. Her pose and expression definitely convey calm and confident, and your processing works well to give a really clean look.

Thanks Manxmaid, She's very pleased with the set. As am I.

A Recent Visit To The Buachaille
it was freezing cold and my feet were numb standing in the river etive :eek:

FUJI XT2 FUJI XF 10-24mm 15sec f/8 ISO 200

blue mountain by tam love, on Flickr

:fuji:
Great shot with good foreground interst and a hint of sunlight.

Back