The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Forewent using my Nikon with a blimp in favour of an XT2 for shooting movie stills on set. It came close to being perfect but had one, albeit major, niggle. On the first day of shooting, in the silence of the set, I noticed how loud the shutter button is. I think that fuji are trying to make cameras that feel robust and quality, but the actual physical sound of the button being pressed in was being picked up by the boom in tight shots making it unusable in those moments.

I persevered by using a cheap calumet controller for the next few days, but it wasn't ideal. For some reason, they don't let you assign the shutter to one of the other less clicky-sounding buttons. Such a pity as I loved everything else about it. I'll be ditching it for a sony, sadly.

If you're into movie still photography it's not quite quiet enough.

You should let Fugi know about the problem, i am sure that they would like to know about any problems using their kit associated with the film industry, as at last they are showing interest in that area. May be they have resolved it in the XH1.

Got the X-T10 out and about again... Oxford Canal this evening. It was really dark - 3 mins at f/8 and could probably have gone 4 or more.

Isis Lock reflections
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Love that Dave. Nice one. I would perhaps like to see the bridge on the right a little more into the frame as I think it's a bit too tight for my own liking, but otherwise, really like it with the reflections. Good job mate.

A couple of snaps from a session today in my wee studio ... X-T1 with 18-55 lens

Sohaib by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Sohaib by CFC Photo, on Flickr

I think the XT1 and 18-55 is a great combo - the XT1 in particular is often overshadowed by the T2 but the T1 is just as capable as it always was and these results show that it's still a great camera.

I think the XT1 and 18-55 is a great combo - the XT1 in particular is often overshadowed by the T2 but the T1 is just as capable as it always was and these results show that it's still a great camera.

Yeah, it has it's moments! :D Apart from the odd instance of smearing and waxiness (we won't go back down that well trodden road!), it performs very well. For a so called "kit lens" it is excellent. TBH, I'm wondering if it worth investing in a more dedicated portrait lens like the 56 or 50, seeing as I only shoot between f5.6 and f8 in my wee studio sessions. Would I get that much more fine detail?

You should let Fugi know about the problem, i am sure that they would like to know about any problems using their kit associated with the film industry, as at last they are showing interest in that area. May be they have resolved it in the XH1.

I have let them know my issues. From looking at pictures of the XH1, the button looks more like what you'd find on a nikon/sony so I imagine it's better. I'm back to the blimp for the time being and waiting on what Sony brings out this year.

Just tried my X-T2 (and X-30) alongside my D750 and can't hear the shutter button on any of them. The shutter release of the D750 (whole cycle including mirror slap and shutter) is louder than the Fujis' shutter.

Just tried my X-T2 (and X-30) alongside my D750 and can't hear the shutter button on any of them. The shutter release of the D750 (whole cycle including mirror slap and shutter) is louder than the Fujis' shutter.

Here is a short video I did for somebody discussing the same thing.

View: https://youtu.be/-Qdk10augpQ

I can't here anything when I press my shutter button when using the ES in silent mode. It's quite strange sitting in a hide, all tooled up with a long lens & grip, only for the camera to not make any noise when you're firing at a rate of knots!! :confused: :fuji:

Edit: Wrong link originally posted!!

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London Trafalgar Square UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/180th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (25) (M)-03185M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
You do shoot (and/or process) a good, clean, well-toned mono photo, George. :)

You do shoot (and/or process) a good, clean, well-toned mono photo, George. :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

“Very little PP work done on this snap, mainly just cloning out the rubbish on the paving, setting black & white points, and upping the contrast a bit”

George.

Really like this Fujigraph Sir, some nice light & colours, with some good reflections.(y)

George.

Love that Dave. Nice one. I would perhaps like to see the bridge on the right a little more into the frame as I think it's a bit too tight for my own liking, but otherwise, really like it with the reflections. Good job mate.

Cheers both! And Dec, you're right. it is a bit tight. But it was pretty dark and I was short of time (last shot I took that day). Another time I may get out the 10-24 and have a few more options... :)

Another from yesterday. I think that this is my fav from the session. I'm kicking myself for getting so tight at the bottom though! - X-T2 with 18-55

sohaib by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Very good portrait Fujigraph Sir, nicely lit, good pose, and a fine mono presentation giving a full range of punchy tones, tight framing or not it works for me.(y)

George.

Wow. What a great composition. Lovely work Brian!

Agreed. Really like that.

100% Agreed. Fantastic composition. Well thought out and amazing colours

One word for this Fujigraph Sir, “Excellent”.(y)

George.

That is a great capture :)

Thanks folks - I must confess it was a second attempt. I had been up there a couple of mornings earlier in a slightly different position and something was off about composition - had to revisit and get the tripod into a fairly awkward position to get this angle, but worth it I think.

Here's a very different image from the same city - taken looking directly up at the dome of St Stephen's Basilica. The decor was just gorgeous.

Szent Istvan Bazilika by Brian M, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks folks - I must confess it was a second attempt. I had been up there a couple of mornings earlier in a slightly different position and something was off about composition - had to revisit and get the tripod into a fairly awkward position to get this angle, but worth it I think.

Here's a very different image from the same city - taken looking directly up at the dome of St Stephen's Basilica. The decor was just gorgeous.

Szent Istvan Bazilika by Brian M, on Flickr
Beautiful capture and processing.

Back