The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Grand Union Canal taken with XT2 and XF 16-55mm

TCZXKhE.jpg

What about the 56,even though your stopping down its still a great lens and you would have the option of 1.2 bokeh delicious
Cheers. Yeah, its a great lens but I couldn't justify the extra cost for the amount of use it would get. I don't do outdoor portraits so the bokehlicious bokeh would be wasted on me and the size and weight are also considerations. The small 50mm seems like a worthy alternative for half the price. I have used the 56mm a couple of times and it is very nice indeed I might borrow it again with Belfast fashion week coming up and take it from there...

Appreciate your input, thanks.

Hi, could someone recommend a cheapish lens or method of getting into macro photography? I'd like to give it a try with my XT10.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, could someone recommend a cheapish lens or method of getting into macro photography? I'd like to give it a try with my XT10.

Thanks

Grab yourself a reversing ring or extension tubes. Extension tubes are probably somewhat more usable, especially if you get the ones that link to your lens such that you retain autofocus.

Thanks
Grab yourself a reversing ring or extension tubes. Extension tubes are probably somewhat more usable, especially if you get the ones that link to your lens such that you retain autofocus.

This is the cheapest way, but your lens working distance decreases dramatically with extension rings, if you can live with that then extn rings are the way to go

This is the cheapest way, but your lens working distance decreases dramatically with extension rings, if you can live with that then extn rings are the way to go

The working distance decreases dramatically with any form of macro photography surely?

Grand Union Canal taken with XT2 and XF 16-55mm

TCZXKhE.jpg

Another "Excellent" Fujigraph from you Sir, really liking the composition. nicely exposed with detail in the highlights & shadows, and a good mono presentation.(y)

"I find it amusing that someone has a picnic table & chairs etc out on the bank in that weather":D

George.

Are there no third party lenses? I've found the Mitakon but are there any other?

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London Trafalgar Square UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/180th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (25) (M)-03185M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Excellent capture !

Another "Excellent" Fujigraph from you Sir, really liking the composition. nicely exposed with detail in the highlights & shadows, and a good mono presentation.(y)

"I find it amusing that someone has a picnic table & chairs etc out on the bank in that weather":D

George.

Thank you George much appreciated,yes i should have called it optimism i think.

Thanks folks - I must confess it was a second attempt. I had been up there a couple of mornings earlier in a slightly different position and something was off about composition - had to revisit and get the tripod into a fairly awkward position to get this angle, but worth it I think.

Here's a very different image from the same city - taken looking directly up at the dome of St Stephen's Basilica. The decor was just gorgeous.

Szent Istvan Bazilika by Brian M, on Flickr

Love this shot fabulous detail and colour (y)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a young lady collecting for charity. This Snap Made "EXPLORE".:):):banana:

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/120th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Chuggers (3) (C)-03196C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Congratulations on your explore excellent work !

Congratulations on your explore excellent work !

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Back