The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks folks - I must confess it was a second attempt. I had been up there a couple of mornings earlier in a slightly different position and something was off about composition - had to revisit and get the tripod into a fairly awkward position to get this angle, but worth it I think.

Here's a very different image from the same city - taken looking directly up at the dome of St Stephen's Basilica. The decor was just gorgeous.

Szent Istvan Bazilika by Brian M, on Flickr

Another “Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, perfect composition, spot on exposure & colour, and so much detail.(y)

George.

Apart from my Samyang 12mm lens that I use for landscapes, the only other lens that I've got for my X-T1 is the 18-55 kit that I use for my studio snaps. I'm wondering if I would get a noticeable increase in detail and sharpness for studio snaps if I got the 50mm f2. I shoot mostly between f5.6 and f8. Any thoughts?

yeah id guess so as all the other fuji bodies do. but not continuous eye af last time i used x-t2.
I've not seen anything about the focus system in the x-h1 other than "improved".
Just tried my xt2. It does continuous face tracking but not continuous eye tracking. Having said that I don't trust it with either. Not sure if it's as good as the Sony

Apart from my Samyang 12mm lens that I use for landscapes, the only other lens that I've got for my X-T1 is the 18-55 kit that I use for my studio snaps. I'm wondering if I would get a noticeable increase in detail and sharpness for studio snaps if I got the 50mm f2. I shoot mostly between f5.6 and f8. Any thoughts?

Personally I think 50mm is a weird focal length on a crop sensor. It's not really long enough to be a true, flattering portrait lens, and it's too tight for general purpose. It's a popular focal length because Canon's version is good and affordable and other manufacturers followed suit. If budget allows I'd get the 90 f2.

Personally I think 50mm is a weird focal length on a crop sensor. It's not really long enough to be a true, flattering portrait lens, and it's too tight for general purpose. It's a popular focal length because Canon's version is good and affordable and other manufacturers followed suit. If budget allows I'd get the 90 f2.

Cheers. Appreciate that. Would the 90 f2 give me a perceptible improvement in detail and sharpness over my 18-55?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried my xt2. It does continuous face tracking but not continuous eye tracking. Having said that I don't trust it with either. Not sure if it's as good as the Sony

It’s very good on the Sony and was one of the reasons I switched back to them. Not sure why fuji have not sorted this out through fw updates.

Cheers guys. I guess that I'm looking at a focal length prime that would be most versatile for the buck, hence my 50mm thought, particularly as it is gonna be used primarily in a tightish studio (20ft long) so I thought that I would get full length as well as head shots out of the one lens.

Cheers guys. I guess that I'm looking at a focal length prime that would be most versatile for the buck, hence my 50mm thought, particularly as it is gonna be used primarily in a tightish studio (20ft long) so I thought that I would get full length as well as head shots out of the one lens.

90mm = about 135mm in old money so perhaps not the best for what you want

Full body shots speak 50mm FF to me, therefore 35mm Fuji.
You should be able to assess your required focal length playing around with the zoom.

Love this Dave, very nicely seen and captured!

“Excellent” candid street style Fujigraph Sir, absolutely love this shot.(y)

George.

Thanks both, much appreciated! It's somewhat inspired by Fan Ho, albeit only about 1% as good. If you don't know him, I would encourage you to remedy that, especially if you have an interest in street photography.

One more from Burnham Beeches with the Fuji XT2 and the XF16-55mm
TlGMtmW.jpg

Last edited:
One more from Burnham Beeches with the Fuji XT2 and the XF16-55mm
TlGMtmW.jpg

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, the detail in this shot is awsome.(y)

George.

Snow on Bulbourne Moor in Hemel Hempstead Today. Fuji XT-2 with XF 16-55mm

noaNjc7.jpg

“Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good exposure, nice mono PP work, and worthy of using for Christmas Cards.(y)

George.

“Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good exposure, nice mono PP work, and worthy of using for Christmas Cards.(y)

George.

Glad you like it george,a few people have commented on a christmas card for this one :)

Back