The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have the 27mm/F2.8 and love it; 16-50 hasn't been on my XT-1 since I got it.
Most of my shots are landscape or architecture.

Just picked up an X-T1 with the 56mm f1.2,35mm f1.4 and the 10-24 f4 to go with my little Fuji X100T and am really happy with the images its producing.

1/
i-29TpH6H-XL.jpg

2/
i-P6zSKzF-XL.jpg

3/
i-SQF7Dgk-XL.jpg

4/
i-CQqkBXH-XL.jpg
Excellent shots. Colours are stunning. Well done.

27mm maybe is not wide enought for architecture no?
It depends on the architecture and the style in which you shoot it.

There is no such thing as an "architecture" or "portrait" or "landscape" lens, every lens brings unique opportunities and restrictions to every genre.

It depends on the architecture and the style in which you shoot it.

There is no such thing as an "architecture" or "portrait" or "landscape" lens, every lens brings unique opportunities and restrictions to every genre.

Goog point. I have used all my lenses for architecture even my 55-200mm at 200mm.

I ve never owned the 27mm but I own the 18mm and it is brilliant for the money and specially if you buy second hand.

:ty: for looking and any comments always welcome.,(y)

George.

Last edited:
Hi guys and girls, really sorry to bring up what i presume has been brought up a few times already in this thread. I've searched but can't find an answer...

For the last few years i've been solely using Lightroom for all my Canon developing needs, however i'm quite unimpressed with how it processes the Fuji's files. I've tried Iridient developer and the results were (in my opinion) far superior but it lacks all the tools of lightroom. What do you guys use to process your RAF files with?

I use Lightroom. I've used Iridient and PhotoNinja, and whilst both can be better when looking at 100% it's not so much better that it's noticeable for web sized images. I'd use one of them if I was printing large and really wanted the very best result, but when I'm dealing with hundreds of shots Lightroom is a no brainer for me. I wish Lightroom was quicker dealing with RAF files though :(

Hi guys and girls, really sorry to bring up what i presume has been brought up a few times already in this thread. I've searched but can't find an answer...

For the last few years i've been solely using Lightroom for all my Canon developing needs, however i'm quite unimpressed with how it processes the Fuji's files. I've tried Iridient developer and the results were (in my opinion) far superior but it lacks all the tools of lightroom. What do you guys use to process your RAF files with?

Hi Jason, If it's of any help I convert all my Raw files Fuji/Nikon etc, etc to Adobe DNG files and then process in LR, and if anything else needs to be done I finish them off in PS. The two shots above (posts #9332 & #0654) of mine are processed using that very system as is every other digital image I have posted on TP. Works pretty good for me.(y)

George.

Last edited:

Yeah I would be interested to know what is the best software for process your RAF files, if you don't want to convert them?

Thanks for the responses. While I'm happy with the outcome generally with lightroom I'd be looking to print a fair few. I'm expecting my first child soon and I was hoping there was a magical single application that I could move to for all my processing needs.
Something with the image quality of iridient but the tools of Lightroom. I'm not even fussed about organising my photos.

Have a look at this, well worth the price of a coffee just for the 50 or more included presets http://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotogr...fuji-x-trans-files-in-lightroom-now-available

Thomas has written quite a bit about this subject, he has also explained how to use photo ninja as a plug in with lightroom although
I have used it as a standalone (didn't renew PN when the years worth of support and updates ended, still handy to have though)

Hope its of some interest

Reactions: ASH
Have a look at this, well worth the price of a coffee just for the 50 or more included presets http://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotogr...fuji-x-trans-files-in-lightroom-now-available

Thomas has written quite a bit about this subject, he has also explained how to use photo ninja as a plug in with lightroom although
I have used it as a standalone (didn't renew PN when the years worth of support and updates ended, still handy to have though)

Hope its of some interest
Thanks for that. So does this mean LR6 now coverts RAF files correctly?

Thanks for that. So does this mean LR6 now coverts RAF files correctly?

Not sure if correctly is the right word, LR uses its own algorithims to demosiac the raf files so the result looks different to other processing software .

Thomas has no doubt spent ages finding the best methods and from what iv'e tried it seems pretty good, weigh in with the £2.16 and see what you think

I am very happy with using Lightroom, even for printing up to A3+. The key is to use the correct sharpening technique.

Ok folks, soft release shutter buttons

As I have very limited sensation in my fingers, the smooth flat button on the X-T1 can cause me problems. I've seen these soft release buttons but they seem to need the thread cable release shutters which, for some reason, the X-T1 doesn't have.

I've had a look to see if there are any adhesive versions but to no avail. Anyone know of these?

Hi Folks
New XT-1 owner with a problem.
My PC will not recognize the camera when plugged into a USB port even though the PC/ports will recognize another camera.
When plugged in and switched on the camera shows USB on the screen but the Fuji software does not know the camera is attached, any thoughts?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Folks
New XT-1 owner with a problem.
My PC will not recognize the camera when plugged into a USB port even though the PC/ports will recognize another camera.
When plugged in and switched on the camera shows USB on the screen but the Fuji software does not know the camera is attached, any thoughts?

Cheers

Chris

Why are you connecting the camera to your PC? uploading picture or tethering?

Thanks. They seem to be out of stock of everything though.
Funny that, I've just been and tried to order one, and it was showing 49 in stock.
Didn't buy one though. Cost is $12.99. Post is $21.99. Total is $34.98. That's just silly money, unless someone knows of a UK supplier.

Got a Meike MK320 Flash that all of a sudden doesn't want to fire when it is tilted to an angle, but is fine when left in the default straight ahead position. Any ideas why?

Funny that, I've just been and tried to order one, and it was showing 49 in stock.
Didn't buy one though. Cost is $12.99. Post is $21.99. Total is $34.98. That's just silly money, unless someone knows of a UK supplier.

Interesting as every one I clicked showed as out of stock but, with that cost, I'll give it a miss.

Buy a threaded one, file or dremel off the threaded part and stick on with tiny bit of double sided tape or blue tack

Ok folks, soft release shutter buttons

As I have very limited sensation in my fingers, the smooth flat button on the X-T1 can cause me problems. I've seen these soft release buttons but they seem to need the thread cable release shutters which, for some reason, the X-T1 doesn't have.

I've had a look to see if there are any adhesive versions but to no avail. Anyone know of these?
You could try Hobbycraft for packs of little stick-on pads as used in home jewellery making? (careful if searching on Google as it just showed be things for sticking on nipples!)

Sure I saw loads on eBay....

Only ones I saw were from the US for about 22 quid

Someone buy my 35 please :(

Sorry,I might have done, but only about £290 now for a new UK model once you get the 75 quid cashback , think I will probably hang on for the f/2 WR version anyway

Last edited:
Yeah doesn't help with all the cashback deals, just impatient for the 23mm!

Had the same problem myself with a 10-24mm, grey prices are another problem too, kept it in the end.

Thanks for the responses. While I'm happy with the outcome generally with lightroom I'd be looking to print a fair few. I'm expecting my first child soon and I was hoping there was a magical single application that I could move to for all my processing needs.
Something with the image quality of iridient but the tools of Lightroom. I'm not even fussed about organising my photos.

Latest version of Lightroom - 6.2 gives good results with Fuji raf files. You just need to know how to use it. Process is a little different to files from other cameras.

What is it you don't like with the results you get from LR? Which version are you using?

Why are you connecting the camera to your PC? uploading picture or tethering?
Problem solved, lack of windows drivers.
TBH neither uploading or tethering I just don't like it when things do not work as they should

Back