The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thinking of coming back to Fuji from a D810, have owned XT1 Xe and Xpros in the past.

Anyway, I put a returnable deposit on a XT2 today with the kit lens, 35mm f2 and 100-400 with TC. I was unable to try the kit out as it was sealed, so some questions please. I can pick it up tomorrow if required.

How is the XT2 for birds in flight

How good is the 100-400mm IQ wise.

And is the Booster Grip necessary with the 100-400mm, if so, will the grip take aftermarket batteries.

Thanks in anticipation for replies.

Simon

Great set you have there. The 100-400mm was excellent on the XT1 and it is brilliant on the XT2. I ve always used the large hand grip with my XT1 but so far I prefer the vertical grip with on XT2 + the benefit of the full boost :)

Thanks for the replies so far gents.

I wouldn't have left the XT1 for the D750 at the time, but the continued delay of the 100-400, made me go back to Nikon as I have an interest in wildlife now.

Just a question please regards the X-T1, is the X-T1body faster for most things compared to the X-E2 ? My X-T1 arrives next week so really looking forward to shooting with it/learning it.

I currently own a X-E2 + X-Pro1.

Cheers;
Peter

Apparently my phone is weather sealed. It looked like that Saturday morning, by Saturday afternoon it was dead, Glad the Fuji's do better. I have no doubt my XT2 will be drenched before long.
What phone did you have?

Just a question please regards the X-T1, is the X-T1body faster for most things compared to the X-E2 ? My X-T1 arrives next week so really looking forward to shooting with it/learning it.

Cheers;
Peter
Yes it is, Peter. Focussing is "surer" and shutter lag is shorter.

Went astro shot hunting in a field ... Pretty happy as I was using the Samyang 8mm Fisheye... Just thinking if I still had a wide prime...

X-T1-DSCF1887
by Matthew Evans, on Flickr

Good shot. I believe there is some means of finding where the Milky way will be on any given night. What do you use, or is it just pot luck?
Star movement would indicate a longish eposure; at a guess 45secs and wide open on the fisheye. Am I right?

Good shot. I believe there is some means of finding where the Milky way will be on any given night. What do you use, or is it just pot luck?
Star movement would indicate a longish eposure; at a guess 45secs and wide open on the fisheye. Am I right?

Thanks ;)

I've seen a few Apps that look great. Last night you could pretty much see it with just your eye! I was originally shooting the other side of the tree and while standing around during shutter time I noticed it.

This was F2.8 40s and ISO1600. Could of maybe done with sticking at 35s to clear up the peripherals.

Thanks. I presume that was close to midnight. You have a lot clearer skiwes up your way than I do down here. Apart from Due west there is a massive orange glow on every nightime long exposure. The best Milky Way shots I have were taken by the side of Buttermere at 2AM!
(Looking South over Scarth Gap)

Thanks. I presume that was close to midnight. You have a lot clearer skiwes up your way than I do down here. Apart from Due west there is a massive orange glow on every nightime long exposure. The best Milky Way shots I have were taken by the side of Buttermere at 2AM!
(Looking South over Scarth Gap)

Agreed was thankful for living out of a city last night! Was really tempted to head deep into the lakes for some blackout, anywhere near Buttermere or Ennerdale would of been perfect.
Do you have a link to yours?

I didn't stray far from the house in the end so had Whitehaven glowing bottom right and Cleator Moor bottom left.

Cheers;
Peter

Contrary to Stephen's view, I've not noticed a difference since firmware 4, but then I haven't compared directly, I just use whichever camera is it at hand.

The X-T1 is easier to hold though and has the bigger evf.

There is a TP meet going on this weekend in the Northern lakes... they are planning some astro shots Friday night near Keswick.
I might go along if Im not too tired and the weather holds.
Yes, I've seen it, but am needed here on Saturday night so can't go.

Due to a move from Oxford to Glasgow over the summer I'm massively behind on image processing, but have been cracking on with adding to the backlog!

A few from a trip to Lanzarote earlier in the year. All were XT1 and 18-135.

Altantic View:
20161006105032_dscf8665.jpg

Viticulture:
20161006105007_dscf8529.jpg

Going underground:
20161006104954_dscf8433.jpg

Last play before dark:
20161006104940_dscf8062.jpg

Due to a move from Oxford to Glasgow over the summer I'm massively behind on image processing, but have been cracking on with adding to the backlog!

Altantic View:

Viticulture:

Going underground:

Last play before dark:

These are really great, number 2 caught my eye and the third picture is superb! Great use of symmetry.

FIRMWARE 2.0 for X-Pro2 now available. Plus updates for the X-Pro1 and twelve Fujinon lenses.

Altantic View:

Viticulture:

Going underground:

Last play before dark:

Nice set of images Brian, with #1 & #2 being my fav's.(y)

"If you don't mind me saying, had you considered cloning out the distant scenery along the horizon and the two rocks/bouys etc in #1. Might make the image even stronger ?"

George.

I notice that there are firmware updates available from today for many Fuji lenses, seemingly to improve OVF tracking accuracy. Don't know if they're relevant if you don't use an X-Pro body.

EDIT - apologies, just noticed that @ASH has already posted this.

Last edited:
Nice set of images Brian, with #1 & #2 being my fav's.(y)

"If you don't mind me saying, had you considered cloning out the distant scenery along the horizon and the two rocks/bouys etc in #1. Might make the image even stronger ?"

George.
Hi George,

thanks for the comments! I agree about the bouys - they should probably be cloned out. As for the scenery, I think it could work both ways - without it would be a "view to infinity" and can see how you would like it and it would strengthen it from a pure image perspective. On a personal note, it's the view of Fuerta Ventura from the town where we stayed on the south coast of Lanzarote, so I like keeping it in as it's a bit of documentation for the holiday!

I notice that there are firmware updates available from today for many Fuji lenses, seemingly to improve OVF tracking accuracy. Don't know if they're relevant if you don't use an X-Pro body.

EDIT - apologies, just noticed that @ASH has already posted this.
:D Better to have two posts than none.

Altantic View:

Viticulture:

Going underground:

Last play before dark:
Yay! Another Fuji user in the Glasgow area, even if you are an import ;)

Am away in Tenerife just now so am gonna have to go through a few hundred shots on my return. Fingers crossed some come out as well as I imagined / see them on my phone.

Please forgive me if this has been asked a million and one times. Ive just bought the X-T2, any ideas how you can map one of the roller buttons front or back to change the iso?

Thanks in advance

Please forgive me if this has been asked a million and one times. Ive just bought the X-T2, any ideas how you can map one of the roller buttons front or back to change the iso?

Thanks in advance
Sorry, but I don't think you can. ISO can only be changed by the dedicated knob.

Sorry, but I don't think you can. ISO can only be changed by the dedicated knob.

That's a shame. What can the second one be used for then? Ones shutter speed at the minute.

Unless it's for aperture, the 35mm is controlled on the lens though so maybe that's what it does with certain lenses

Last edited:
Back