The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Where is the xt2 for sale at £1122 please
Eglobal central if you double up on discounts which worked when I bought a lens from them. You go through topcashback website and get 2.3% discounts then use a £19 discount code NEWYEAR19 at checkout.

Thanks Robert.

Bit of a faff but ultimately worth it.

Anyone know how long these offers are on for?

Or do I wait for the X-T20 to come out?

And if I do, will I miss out on important features the X-T2 has over the 20?

Thanks Robert.

Bit of a faff but ultimately worth it.

Anyone know how long these offers are on for?

Or do I wait for the X-T20 to come out?

And if I do, will I miss out on important features the X-T2 has over the 20?
You get a 2 yr warranty rather than a 1 yr one from fuji if you by from eglobal.

Its not a huge difference between the two i went for the t1 over the t10 because the price difference wasn't huge, however the t20 or the t2 its a different matter.

Right,

Nipped into Jessops at lunch specifically to handle the X-T10 to get a fell for the upcoming X-T20.
No way can I hold that camera comfortably. It's way too small for my mitts.

On chatting with the sales assistant I learned that apart from the part ex quote I'm eligible for an extra £200 trade in bonus.

This makes the XT2 £1199.

I'm SO tempted now (even though I've not got a Fuji lens yet.

Right,

Nipped into Jessops at lunch specifically to handle the X-T10 to get a fell for the upcoming X-T20.

On chatting with the sales assistant I learned that apart from the part ex quote I'm eligible for an extra £200 trade in bonus.

It was too small for me also, and I didn't keep mine for long! You won't get a deal like that from a grey-market importer, even though I've nothing against the practice per se.

Right,

Get it with the 18-55 as a package. Cracking lens, best way to buy it.

Just a candid street style shot taken at The Famous Sun Studio Cafe (Memphis) USA.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/4 sec @ F2.8, ISO-200 Handheld.
Sun Studio Cafe (Memphis)-03096 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
There's a lot of interest inside this shot. Plus it's not just a "snap" but a carefully composed photograph with leading diagonals.

I really love the 18-55 as I've mentioned many times, however it's just not getting used. I'm wondering whether to sell it for a 18mm.

There's a lot of interest inside this shot. Plus it's not just a "snap" but a carefully composed photograph with leading diagonals.

Thank you kindly Sir, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Right,

Terry do you think the XT2 will handle differently to the XT1?you coukdnt get on with your XT1,do you think this is an attack of GAS lol?

Quick one for anyone with both a 23 F2, and a 35 1.4 - if you had to choose one only, which would you keep? Pondering on trading my 35 for a 23, but then the 35 is so good for portraits and I have hear/read/seen in reviews of the 23, that it can be soft wide open?

Quick one for anyone with both a 23 F2, and a 35 1.4 - if you had to choose one only, which would you keep? Pondering on trading my 35 for a 23, but then the 35 is so good for portraits and I have hear/read/seen in reviews of the 23, that it can be soft wide open?
Sell the xpro1 and have both?

Sell the xpro1 and have both?

That is a possible, though I like having 2 bodies. I have one set up for quick fire, almost full auto Jpeg shooting, and the other atm set for my manual focus lenses. Using both on one body is a PITA.

That is a possible, though I like having 2 bodies. I have one set up for quick fire, almost full auto Jpeg shooting, and the other atm set for my manual focus lenses. Using both on one body is a PITA.
Beggers can't be choosers! ;)

I don't think I would sell it. I'd save up.

Last edited:
Beggers can't be choosers! ;)

I don't think I would sell it. I'd save up.

Yes, yes we can ;) I've managed beg, borrow and stealing up to now :D Also the Xpro1 was a prize, so I'd like to keep it for now either way. It's not worth the cost of a 23 F2 used so I'd have to save anyway.

What I would do, is trade for a 23 F2 with the 35 1.4 maybe. Ach, I'll ponder some more

Yes, yes we can ;) I've managed beg, borrow and stealing up to now :D Also the Xpro1 was a prize, so I'd like to keep it for now either way. It's not worth the cost of a 23 F2 used so I'd have to save anyway.

What I would do, is trade for a 23 F2 with the 35 1.4 maybe. Ach, I'll ponder some more
Has the 27 gone?

Made my usual Sunday morning walk today but only took three manual lenses with me. Helios 135, 58 & 28. Quite pleased with the performance to price ratio but the 28mm could be a bit better.

Couple from the 135mm

Helios 135mm by barrysprout, on Flickr

Helios 135mm by barrysprout, on Flickr

One from the 58

Helios 58mm by barrysprout, on Flickr

And one from the 28

Helios 28mm by barrysprout, on Flickr

Excellent set of images.
I must visit if I manage to get to Scotland this year .

Sssssssssssssssnake
I liked the handling of the xt1. It was the af performance I thought was rubbish. In everything I've read Fuji have addressed all the issues I had with the xt1

Sssssssssssssssnake
I liked the handling of the xt1. It was the af performance I thought was rubbish. In everything I've read Fuji have addressed all the issues I had with the xt1

Sssssssssssssssnake

I have to disagree with the AF is rubbish. What do you intent to shoot? I have no problem with AF even with low light. The key to get the best out of the AF is set your camera right. If you like fuji i would say go buy one, their are always new camera comes out but lens don't change often. Buy the xt1 and get a few quality lens or get xt2 and a lens and enjoy shooting man.

In that case I stand corrected and obviously had not set the camera up properly jj.

The camera may not work for how you shoot, I don't know. I just replied for balance and others reading the thread. The EVF blackout drove me mad on the X-T1, which made it harder for me to track subjects. I'll pick up a grip eventually for the X-T2 to see how that goes. Tracking AF is improved on the X-T2, but that's more with regards to difficult subjects (like BIF) rather than cars/motorbikes which I found fine on the X-T1.

Edit: I notice you're in Kidderminster, which isn't far from me. I'm not sure when the next motorsports event is that I'll be going to, but your more than welcome to have a go with the X-T1 and X-T2 if you want to compare.

Last edited:
Back