The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I haven't processed any images for a few weeks so I thought I'd post this one for interest. It's from my X-T2 and a new (to me) 50-140mm, and the reason I was pleased is because it is so heavily cropped. We had to keep our distance from the cows so this is only the central ninth of the frame. Oh, and she's called Edna :)

Highland Cow by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of part of a guy with his drum kit doing a bit of street playing.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (32)-03228 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of part of a guy with his drum kit doing a bit of street playing.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (32)-03228 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Good timing with the sticks, George.

Good timing with the sticks, George.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

“Just lucky with the timing, there’s quite a few similar snaps that didn’t make the grade”

George.

Great shot Steve. Getting your mojo back ?

It's not so much of losing the Mojo Trev, even though I'm not working at the moment, getting out with the camera seems so difficult. I've not been well, but am better now, but doing the final bits & pieces on the house has been a drag. Still, it's on the market now, and Herefordshire beckons. Once we've moved I think I'll be right back in the groove.

It's not so much of losing the Mojo Trev, even though I'm not working at the moment, getting out with the camera seems so difficult. I've not been well, but am better now, but doing the final bits & pieces on the house has been a drag. Still, it's on the market now, and Herefordshire beckons. Once we've moved I think I'll be right back in the groove.

Glad to hear it mate. Good luck with the move.

Can I ask those of you with the 100 - 400 what you use to store the lens in when not in use?

It's quite a big beast and I wonder if anyone has found a suitable pouch or case to keep it; or do you just leave it in your camera bag?

Cheers

Can I ask those of you with the 100 - 400 what you use to store the lens in when not in use?

It's quite a big beast and I wonder if anyone has found a suitable pouch or case to keep it; or do you just leave it in your camera bag?

Cheers

You'd be horrified Danny....

My 100-400 lives in a plastic container with my other lenses & bodies. If it's not in there, it's mounted to an X-T2 with grip, and normally the 1.4TC and in one of two camera backpacks. As I have a pair of T2s it rarely comes off of the body with the grip. When out & about and I need a different lens I use the other body. However, when we are on a reserve or out looking for birds etc, the combo sits around my shoulder on a R strap.

Sometimes it just gets left in the boot of the car if we are going from one spot to another...

You'd be horrified Danny....

My 100-400 lives in a plastic container with my other lenses & bodies. If it's not in there, it's mounted to an X-T2 with grip, and normally the 1.4TC and in one of two camera backpacks. As I have a pair of T2s it rarely comes off of the body with the grip. When out & about and I need a different lens I use the other body. However, when we are on a reserve or out looking for birds etc, the combo sits around my shoulder on a R strap.

Sometimes it just gets left in the boot of the car if we are going from one spot to another...

Thanks Steve - appreciated.

I'm not sure if that was the answer I was looking for! :D

Thanks Steve - appreciated.

I'm not sure if that was the answer I was looking for! :D

Doesn't seem to do it any harm!!

And, from WWT Barnes last weekend....

The underside of a Wasp Spider (couldn't get 'round the other side) with it's tell-tale zig-zag web design.

wasp spider by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Apparently these are fairly new to the UK, only been here about 5 years or so and have moved up through Europe. I did get a pic of the other side with my iPhone :)

Cheers

Back in my Nikon days, I had a Tamron 150-600 stored in a lowepro lens case, which was pretty good. Still got is somewhere (not the lens obviously) ;) I have no idea on the physical dimensions of the 100-400 though.

Doesn't seem to do it any harm!!

And, from WWT Barnes last weekend....

The underside of a Wasp Spider (couldn't get 'round the other side) with it's tell-tale zig-zag web design.

wasp spider by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Apparently these are fairly new to the UK, only been here about 5 years or so and have moved up through Europe. I did get a pic of the other side with my iPhone :)

Do they bite (or sting)? Nasty looking bugger for sure.

Due to the weight of my camera bag, I'm seriously thinking of jumping the good ship Nikon and hopefully landing on board the Fuji one.

One of the main things that has worried me as I've been searching through Google are the tales of a new XT-3 body not to far away and the reports of Fuji cameras locking up. Can I ask if there is any strength in these stories at all? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

X-T3 rumoured (strongly) announcement due September

Various internet reports of lock ups. Of course any negative experience attracts a lot of internet chat. Probably nowhere near as damning in everyday use.

I’ve had couple lock ups on X-H1. It’s been returned for a replacement.

Due to the weight of my camera bag, I'm seriously thinking of jumping the good ship Nikon and hopefully landing on board the Fuji one.

One of the main things that has worried me as I've been searching through Google are the tales of a new XT-3 body not to far away and the reports of Fuji cameras locking up. Can I ask if there is any strength in these stories at all? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I went for an X-T2 from a D810 and couldn`t be happier. I can carry the Fooj around all day without noticing, and one major plus point, is imo the layout is very similar to Nikon :) No idea on the T3 though.

There are always going to be new models in any manufacturers pipeline. Buy for today! There have been some lockups, but as always you just tend to hear bad experiences and not the vast majority of good ones. Certainly Fuji is better than Oly m4/3 was about 5 or 6 years ago. And, being mirrorless, the lenses don't need micro-adjustment for each body!

I've had XT-1, XT-2 and XH-1, zero lock up's

My Current X-T2 does lockup, lots and lots of them have across the internet, and X-H1s too. Never seen a report of it happening on an X-T1 though. In m case it's usually triggered by immediately scrolling after pressing the playback button. Using the remote app has caused all mine (and the phone) to misbehave to some degree.

My Current X-T2 does lockup, lots and lots of them have across the internet, and X-H1s too. Never seen a report of it happening on an X-T1 though. In m case it's usually triggered by immediately scrolling after pressing the playback button. Using the remote app has caused all mine (and the phone) to misbehave to some degree.
It's well documented that if you press the playback button while the camera is still writing to the card it will freeze, is that what you mean ?

It's well documented that if you press the playback button while the camera is still writing to the card it will freeze, is that what you mean ?

Not quite, you have to immediately scroll to the previous shot (which is being done by accident since the front scroll wheel is so loose on mine)

Back