The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

It's a place called Seven Springs on the Eastern Coast. It wasn't far from where we were based so I wandered up to take a look.

Imagine a slice of nature with streams cascading down the mountainside, with waters meeting other springs and dropping into a series of beautiful sunlit pools. And then think again.

Unfortunately Rhodes has had terrible drought for a number of years now, which means most of the Springs are slight dribbles into other wise barren stream beds. The 'lake' these feed into was silted and covered in algae together with heaps of tourist waste, plastic bottles etc. and the water level was so low it exposed the poor upkeep of the old aqueduct used for taking water to the fields and towns.

Kind of heartbreaking really. The Rhodes websites should really update their descriptions..!

Seven Springs
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

Last edited:
Still debating on getting a Fuji system as a compliment (rather than replacment) for my M4/3 system. I was all set to get an X-H1 as a refurb from the Fujifilm UK shop, but then of course the X-T3 was launched :D Cost wise they work out quite similar (refurbed X-H1 vs new X-T3).

I've been going backwards and forwards on these two for a couple of weeks now and just can't decide. I know the Video on the X-T3 is better than on the X-H1, but TBH, I don't do massive amounts of Video at present and in anycase the X-H1 still does 4K (as does my M4/3 system). For me it would be more a landscape / travel and street camera and from what I have read from still picture point of view, there doens't appear to be a lot in it.

The IBIS and chunky grip appeal to me on the X-H1, but the poorer batterly life and not as good low light AF doesn't. Obviously the X-T3 has the newer sensor and slightly more MP (although an additional 2mp is hardly a reason). I don't have any lenses yet obviously, but was considering getting just 3 that ultimately would cover 90-95% of what I shoot - that being the 10-24 F4, the 16-55 F2.8 and the 50-150 F2.8 (or maybe the 55-200 instead). The 16-55 isn't obviously stabilized but on a tripod that doens't make any difference, but for other shots (travel etc) woudl the X-H1 with it's IBIS be the better option, or am I better dumping the 16-55 and getting the stabilised 18-55 F2.8-4, and then having 3 stabilized lenses for the X-T3

Decisions, decisions......

Last edited:
Still debating on getting a Fuji system as a compliment (rather than replacment) for my M4/3 system. I was all set to get an X-H1 as a refurb from the Fujifilm UK shop, but then of course the X-T3 was launched :D Cost wise they work out quite similar (refurbed X-H1 vs new X-T3).

I've been going backwards and forwards on these two for a couple of weeks now and just can't decide. I know the Video on the X-T3 is better than on the X-H1, but TBH, I don't do massive amounts of Video at present and in anycase the X-H1 still does 4K (as does my M4/3 system). For me it would be more a landscape / travel and street camera and from what I have read from still picture point of view, there doens't appear to be a lot in it.

The IBIS and chunky grip appeal to me on the X-H1, but the poorer batterly life and not as good low light AF doesn't. Obviously the X-T3 has the newer sensor and slightly more MP (although an additional 2mp is hardly a reason). I don't have any lenses yet obviously, but was considering getting just 3 that ultimately would cover 90-95% of what I shoot - that being the 10-24 F4, the 16-55 F2.8 and the 50-150 F2.8 (or maybe the 55-200 instead). The 16-55 isn't obviously stabilized but on a tripod that doens't make any difference, but for other shots (travel etc) woudl the X-H1 with it's IBIS be the better option, or am I better dumping the 16-55 and getting the stabilised 18-55 F2.8-4, and then having 3 stabilized lenses for the X-T3

Decisions, decisions......

But the glass, buy a cheap X-T2, trade in X-T2 for X-H2 when released, then you will have IBIS, new sensor, quicker AF and fancy video features.

I suspect the important thing is the capacity rating of 1260 mAh rather than the manufacturer, or colour!

The good news is that the X-T3, and I presume X-H1, aren't fussy about the brand of battery, only the charge it holds.
I`ve now gone colour coded with batteries, Red, White and black-OEM
The Baxxtar and Expro don`t give ant warning and show 11 fps :)

£594.03 as per their example on the website. In the shop and also via their online trade in request they only offer £475.80 for mint condition. So with the trade in bonus from Fuji getting £794.04 for the X-T2 seemed a solid deal to me.
Ah thanks. Super inconsistent. I requested a quote online, and they offered me something like £350 (for mint condition). I ended up trading it at Camera World for £600.

By the way I was very impressed with Camera World (in London); all the staff are really knowledgeable and approachable, and it was great to see (over a number of visits) that there were plenty of customers coming in. I pre-ordered the X-T3, and although I missed out on the initial batch, they were able to get a second batch the following week.

But the glass, buy a cheap X-T2, trade in X-T2 for X-H2 when released, then you will have IBIS, new sensor, quicker AF and fancy video features.

I already had the glass from the X-T1, so I bought the X-T3 (trading the X-T1 in as part of it) and will trade to the X-H2 as and when it's available. It is a thorny decision, but I went for the X-T3 now over the X-H1 - I have to say that the focus speed is amazing, if on glass that was sluggish on the X-T1.

^^^ @jamiewednesday - I vaguely remember going there as a kid - is there a long narrow tunnel that you walk through to get to the 'lake'?

That's right, there were a number of people looking for the way to the tunnel, then the way in, spending ages deciding whether to take their shoes off, putting them back on and then wading through the darkness, panicking that their torch wasn't working and I could hear them fretting about how long it was.

I just came down the steps.

Tunnel exit
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

I've just got back from a trip to North Wales with the X-T3.

I took both my Nikon and Fuji gear but with the intention of using the Fuji most on the hard hikes to save weight. I used it a couple of times and just don't like it for landscapes (very similar to the way I felt with the X-T2)

Not sure what it is but there were various little things that annoyed me and I'm just not happy with it.

I've got a few more days off so I'll give it a little more time but have a feeling I'll be selling it on :(

I've just got back from a trip to North Wales with the X-T3.

I took both my Nikon and Fuji gear but with the intention of using the Fuji most on the hard hikes to save weight. I used it a couple of times and just don't like it for landscapes (very similar to the way I felt with the X-T2)

Not sure what it is but there were various little things that annoyed me and I'm just not happy with it.

I've got a few more days off so I'll give it a little more time but have a feeling I'll be selling it on :(
Can you elaborate ?

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Fairfield Kent UK of the tiny St Thomas a Becket Church.

St Thomas à Becket Church in Fairfield stands alone in a field on the Marsh, surrounded by water courses and sheep. A causeway was built in 1913, and until then the church was more often than not surrounded by water during the winter and spring.
Fairfield, the village it once served has long since disappeared, but the church has survived and is now part of a parish which includes the villages of Brookland, Brenzett and Snargate. The church is dedicated to St Thomas à Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury from 1162 until his murder in 1170.

Legend has it that the Archbishop was journeying across the dangerous Romney Marsh, when he fell into one of the many ditches. He prayed to St.Thomas, as he came up for the second time, for a miracle to save him from a watery death. Just in time a farmer arrived to save him, and in gratitude the Archbishop had the little church built and dedicated to St Thomas a Becket.

Sometime around AD 1200 a simple structure of timber and lath construction was built as a purely temporary measure to provide the local farmers with a place of worship. Temporary became permanent, and the 13th century building survived intact until the 18th century, when the entire timber building was encased within brick walls, and the roof covered with heavy red tiles.

In 1912 the fabric was in a very poor state and a complete rebuilding within the timber framework took place. However, the inside of the church was, fortunately, left untouched. It is Georgian, with a three decker pulpit, box pews and texts boards. The pews are still painted white with black linings.

The interior is pure Georgian theatrics; entering the church is like stepping back into the 18th century. The interior is filled with rows of box pews, painted bright white, with a triple-decker pulpit rising over them and Biblical texts staring down from the walls.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/1700th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Tripod.
St Thomas à Becket Church (Fairfield) (1)-03247 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Lovely George, we need interior pics now too.

Can you elaborate ?

That's the hard bit, it's a lot of little things, however I'm not saying the end results are not acceptable, they are not up there with my D850 but pretty good considering.

One thing that I found strange/annoying was image review in the EVF... for example if I did a long exposure the image (after being taken) would appear very dark (barely viewable) yet the histogram would indicate the it was exposed correctly. On checking later it was indeed correctly exposed. This may be something I'm doing wrong/not set correctly but I can't think what.

In case anyone's interested Jessops have 46 XT-3 orders that have yet to be fulfilled nationwide, 36 black, 10 silver, no firm delivery date.

In case anyone's interested Jessops have 46 XT-3 orders that have yet to be fulfilled nationwide, 36 black, 10 silver, no firm delivery date.
It's the body only that is hard to get. WEX for example has got the black and silver cameras with the 18-55mm lens in stock.

Have they always done silver version in X-Tx series?

I always imagined all X-T2 were black and X-T20 were all silver (latter looks better IMO)

Back