The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks. I’ll be getting the 55-200 for sure. May also get the 10-24 and wait on reviews of the 16-80, although I’m sure it’ll be an excellent lens. As a lazy landscape ‘tog who uses a tripod far less than he should, the OIS on the 16-80 would be useful.!

Thanks for the code offer Simon. I’ve had a look at the refurb store. My first batch of purchases are going to be funded by trading my Nikon stuff though. Just need to sort the deal with Jessops. Hopefully get it done on Saturday, fingers crossed. :banana:

Welcome aboard Jason - I also offloaded all my Nikon gear although I ran both systems for a long time before making the jump!

No desire to head back to the heavy D800 series but I will admit to being very interested in the Z series! Not used to having just one body regardless so if I manage to resist the expense of the Z6 (plus glass!) I will likely go for an X-T2 or even the X-H1.

If you don't mind grey imports you will be hard pushed to beat the prices and customer service offered by E-Infinity.

Brilliant. Just what I’ve been waiting for.

Even though they are Mk1's thats an astonishing price, no wonder they are out of stock. Although I'm a Fujifilm fan, they really do destroy the second hand value of their kit with offers like this, and all the cashback deals. If you buy at full RRP sadly, you will loose a packet when you come to sell. I think all this does is make people wait for deals, so Fujifilm see no real sales activity, then launch a cashback and hey presto sales dramatically increase until the cashback offer ends!!! The refurb store really sets the trade in value for kit, as retailers of second hand stuff can't really compete with the refurb store, so you get low ball offers on trade ins as well.

But they must be doing something right as they have already sold (and shipped) their 2019 UK target for GFX100's !!!

Last edited:
Had to do a double take when I saw the deal earlier, not even refurbished either. There was stock when I posted the deal.
Such a good price that I bought a set and I don't even have an X100!

Just need to decide whether to get an X100T/F for an upcoming trip or wait until the next version arrives and maybe get a better deal on an X100F

Had to do a double take when I saw the deal earlier, not even refurbished either. There was stock when I posted the deal.
Such a good price that I bought a set and I don't even have an X100!

Just need to decide whether to get an X100T/F for an upcoming trip or wait until the next version arrives and maybe get a better deal on an X100F

Yep. Pretty sure that there was stock for my order.

Yep. Pretty sure that there was stock for my order.

Just had confirmation from DPD that they arrive tomorrow :)

Think I'll probably just sell the TCL without opening to offest the cost of the WCL and hang on to the WCL until a bargain X100F comes up. Although E-Infinity have them for 749 just now.

Think I'll probably just sell the TCL without opening to offest the cost of the WCL and hang on to the WCL until a bargain X100F comes up. Although E-Infinity have them for 749 just now.

That’s a bargain..

Yay. Just had the same confirmation. Roll on Sunday. I’ve got plans to use it on my original LE

One new XF50mm f2 just delivered, will not make the bad mistake and sell it. It will be getting used this Sunday I hope for a jazz gig on the X-E3 :banana:

If you are a lightroom user, use the web based Lightroom Analytics tool before selling any gear, you can get reports on focal length usage for a given period, IMHO anything with less than 1% use over the last 12 months is fair game for a cull!!

http://www.lightroomdashboard.com/

Obviously X100 family cameras don't count as they should never be sold ;)

Even though they are Mk1's thats an astonishing price, no wonder they are out of stock. Although I'm a Fujifilm fan, they really do destroy the second hand value of their kit with offers like this, and all the cashback deals. If you buy at full RRP sadly, you will loose a packet when you come to sell. I think all this does is make people wait for deals, so Fujifilm see no real sales activity, then launch a cashback and hey presto sales dramatically increase until the cashback offer ends!!! The refurb store really sets the trade in value for kit, as retailers of second hand stuff can't really compete with the refurb store, so you get low ball offers on trade ins as well.

But they must be doing something right as they have already sold (and shipped) their 2019 UK target for GFX100's !!!

In stock again at the moment.

In stock again at the moment.

I've already got them, some dodgy bloke called Colin sold them to me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I later dropped the WCL denting the filter ring and so upgraded to a MkII !!!

So far I've bought 3 WCL's my original silver one which I sold when I bought an XF14mm (mistake no.1), the one I dropped (mistake no.2) and my current third one. I'm not making the same mistake 3 times (though maybe I should buy another as a spare :D)

If you are a lightroom user, use the web based Lightroom Analytics tool before selling any gear, you can get reports on focal length usage for a given period, IMHO anything with less than 1% use over the last 12 months is fair game for a cull!!

Adobe free now, as only have and use Capture one Pro 12 and Affinity Photo.

I've given the others a try out but I can't pull away from LR. I do have the C1 Fuji Free version, but I find it fiddly and lacking essentials [like a clone brush, and simple mask sharpening] - how I use LR for Fuji files seems fine right now for me. I do hate paying up each month, but I do get Photoshop to boot, and I do use it now and then.

That's bloody brilliant!!

Thanks for the info Dave.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 21.21.19.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 21.21.19.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 23
It looks a bit over saturated,but a nice shot.:)

That is a really lovely shot.:)

Thanks for the feedback. This is xt2 and 23mm f2. Not really a lens I'd use too much but it is very light weight.

Colour wise, I started with classic chrome and brought it back to something very similar to provia.

I'm hoping Fuji do an Autumn cashback offer soon, as I'm getting seriously tempted by the 80mm macro. Autumn would be such a good time of year to use it too!

Got a random question I'm hoping someone more experienced can help with. I do a lot of filming on a gimbal however with the XT3 as soon as the back of the gimbal casts a shadow on the eyecup I lose the back screen. Is there an option I'm missing to prevent the rear screen from going off?

Got a random question I'm hoping someone more experienced can help with. I do a lot of filming on a gimbal however with the XT3 as soon as the back of the gimbal casts a shadow on the eyecup I lose the back screen. Is there an option I'm missing to prevent the rear screen from going off?
Press the view mode button until you get "LCD ONLY" appear on the rear display.

Back