The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Probably a better option for this time of year, mate. Typical me leaving to after the event as usual ;) But it has been on my radar for a while, and I have primes to cover the 16-80 GAS that stirred my belly for a short while.

For my purpose any old vintage 200mm F4 usually does the trick for the birds, AF is nice to have though for shooting other stuff. But yeah, think I will just stop pondering and get a 50mm bought, there's just a few others I'd also love to get ... decisions

There's a batch of batteries going in classified, 4 for £15 or so I think. I would have bought them for the XH1 but I need the s version, also I find the 2 Fuji batts I have cover me for a whole day's shooting.

You don’t need the fooj-(S) batt’s, the ex-pro white are just as good and the ones that I use do not bring up the warning when switching the unit on.

George.

Last edited:
For my purpose any old vintage 200mm F4 usually does the trick for the birds, AF is nice to have though for shooting other stuff. But yeah, think I will just stop pondering and get a 50mm bought, there's just a few others I'd also love to get ... decisions

With my eyesight I have to have AF lol The old Nikon 300 f4 was a cracking lens, but no VR. I have no idea if there`s an adaptor for Nik to Fuj though. Good move on the 50mm (y)
Haha there are always "a few others" ;)

You don’t need the fooj-(S) batt’s, the ex-pro white are just as good and the ones that I use do not bring up the warning when switching the unit on.

George.

Good to know if I think I need anymore, I have 2 official ones atm that do me fine, I get decent life out of them as I'm more a careful shooter, I don't tend to rattle off tonnes of frames.

With my eyesight I have to have AF lol The old Nikon 300 f4 was a cracking lens, but no VR. I have no idea if there`s an adaptor for Nik to Fuj though. Good move on the 50mm (y)
Haha there are always "a few others" ;)

You can get Nikon to Fuji adapters, when I switched from Nikon first to Fuji I still had a Sigma 150mm macro lens left over, I bought a K&F concept adapter for £20 - no AF, but the one I go did allow you to change the aperture of the lens

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing. I've seen this guy many times and he's quite a character and a pretty good musician.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/320th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (36)-03327 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Another excellent capture and piece of work !:)(y):fuji:

First proper day out with the XT-2 yesterday. No fumbling with controls and menus, just a pleasure to use. Weather a bit too blue sky for my liking so had a drive over to a little village on the Shropshire border called Badger - there's a cute little waterfall there, down a hole, away from the sun.

Here's a quick pic. (Looks a bit soft due to link, please click piccy to see on Flickr.)

Badger Waterfall
by Jason, on Flickr

My daughter does love a charity shop ... She came home with this the other day ;)

T2 56mm @f2.8 (stacked)
Singer by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice & competent product/still life Fujigraph, liking this one very much.

George.

I was at a family get together last night and it became apparent they wanted me to do some group photos. I only happened to bring the cam, didn't think they were expecting it, so didn't have the flash or diffuser along with - only brought it to get a few candid shots. Anyway, the room they decided to do the photos in had really terrible lighting, so I had no choice but to ramp up to ISO 3200 and even some at 6400 using the 16mm. f/1.4 isn't really suitable for groups, I needed to stop down to at least 2.8 as we did them in rows, space limitation. Processing the images today really surprised me, pleasantly! The XH1 is a little beast for low light, even the images at 6400 were nowhere near as noisy as I'd imagined they would be [I'm a low ISO shooter 99% of the time] very easy clean up, especially when I converted to B&W where noise doesn't matter near as much. Sure, a FF camera would have been more ideal here but it gave me some renewed confidence in Fuji APSC, it stands up very well - just get your exposures right and the quality will be there.

Now there was noise, but nothing that was difficult to clean up, and when I shared them everyone was delighted with them, commenting on how professional they looked compared to ones they'd taken on their phones. It really is only us that are into photography that pixel peep or stress over noise or sharpness, the average person doesn't give a hoot and only ever views our images at default level, they don't go zooming in to 100% or more. They only notice the quality of the overall image. Worth bearing in mind I think

Last edited:
Nice one, mate (y)

I was at a family get together last night and it became apparent they wanted me to do some group photos. I only happened to bring the cam, didn't think they were expecting it, so didn't have the flash or diffuser along with - only brought it to get a few candid shots. Anyway, the room they decided to do the photos in had really terrible lighting, so I had no choice but to ramp up to ISO 3200 and even some at 6400 using the 16mm. f/1.4 isn't really suitable for groups, I needed to stop down to at least 2.8 as we did them in rows, space limitation. Processing the images today really surprised me, pleasantly! The XH1 is a little beast for low light, even the images at 6400 were nowhere near as noisy as I'd imagined they would be [I'm a low ISO shooter 99% of the time] very easy clean up, especially when I converted to B&W where noise doesn't matter near as much. Sure, a FF camera would have been more ideal here but it gave me some renewed confidence in Fuji APSC, it stands up very well - just get your exposures right and the quality will be there.

Now there was noise, but nothing that was difficult to clean up, and when I shared them everyone was delighted with them, commenting on how professional they looked compared to ones they'd taken on their phones. It really is only us that are into photography that pixel peep or stress over noise or sharpness, the average person doesn't give a hoot and only ever views our images at default level, they don't go zooming in to 100% or more. They only notice the quality of the overall image. Worth bearing in mind I think

Couldn’t agree with you more, I think you’ve hit the nail right on the head.

“It’s surprising just how good the Fooj-X cameras are when the ISO is pushed a bit”

George.

Joy of joys, considering my lens is coming tomorrow ... Bloody typical :rolleyes:

Ouch sml.jpg

Whoops, What happened.

George.

I lfted a heavy sack of rubble, and twisted/sprained wrist. Pretty swollen, but hopefully will be ok in a few days. Still can shoot one handed with the primes lol

I done my knee in recently, twisted it awkwardly and ironically on a manual handling training day. Only I could manage that :ROFLMAO:

I done my knee in recently, twisted it awkwardly and ironically on a manual handling training day. Only I could manage that :ROFLMAO:

That sucks ... I bet you got ribbed for that one ;)
Hope it`s all sorted now though.

That sucks ... I bet you got ribbed for that one ;)
Hope it`s all sorted now though.

Ha yeah, I have an old back injury that they knew about - causes problems with other joints now and then, but I did get a bit of stick :D Getting hurt while being shown how not to get hurt :DI still managed to get through it and get the cert.

I don't think I have ever sprained a wrist or arm though, I can imagine it's pretty dang sore

I lfted a heavy sack of rubble, and twisted/sprained wrist. Pretty swollen, but hopefully will be ok in a few days. Still can shoot one handed with the primes lol

I did my wrist in playing football a few years back. Was in goal and didn't get my hand behind a shot properly. Snapped my hand back quite painfully. Couldn't drive for a few days as I couldn't shift gear, no strength in my wrist. Pretty sore as well. Ok, after a couple of days though, swelling and soreness gone. I kept the strap/splint thing on for a couple of weeks to be sure though.

Last edited:
Ha yeah, I have an old back injury that they knew about - causes problems with other joints now and then, but I did get a bit of stick :D Getting hurt while being shown how not to get hurt :DI still managed to get through it and get the cert.

I don't think I have ever sprained a wrist or arm though, I can imagine it's pretty dang sore

Silly bugger ;) At least I can move my fingers still, and the brace actually helps, by keeping it imobile.

I did my wrist in playing football a few years back. Was in goal and didn't get my hand behind a shot properly. Snapped my hand back quite painfully. Couldn't drive for a few days as I couldn't shift gear, no strength in my wrist. Pretty sore as well. Ok, after a couple of days though, swelling and soreness gone. I kept the strap/splint thing on for a couple of weeks to be sure though.

Wrists are a bit of a week link I reckon, generally. Hey ho, we all learn the hard way sometimes :)

Ouch, hope you can still have a little play with the new glass

Thanks, Pete. Zooming might be an issue, as is twisting the damn lens onto the body itself lol

One of my T2’s came up with “Frame No. Error” today. Looked it up and I did a “Frame No. Reset” but it seems I then need to reformat my cards.... I had about 30 odd frames already done so I wasn’t going to do that... Luckily I had some spare cards with me.

Anybody else had this issue?

One of my T2’s came up with “Frame No. Error” today. Looked it up and I did a “Frame No. Reset” but it seems I then need to reformat my cards.... I had about 30 odd frames already done so I wasn’t going to do that... Luckily I had some spare cards with me.

Anybody else had this issue?

Strange, but seems like a standard fuji thing. What a pain.

My new X-T3 is due to arrive tomorrow, rather excited, but no matter how many times I press refresh on the DHL tracking site, it won't come any sooner!
Need to wait for the adapter anyway which is due on Tuesday hopefully. And as I am on holiday this week, I hope to learn how to use it :).

I know that feeling, I'll have it during the week too perhaps when I finally get around to ordering a 50mm F2

Yep, copied and pasted my fedex tracking number, more times than I care to admit ;)

a3a11395-bf02-4915-a607-7717edc6f148.jpg

managed to get a couple of shots in with the canon 135mm f2 attached to fuji xt2. performance is much improved with latest firmware on adapter and camera.

1-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

2-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

3-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

It's working nicely on the fringer then? I might actually rebuy one in a bit, or even the Viltrox EF-FX, I believe that one has improved also with recent FW updates and it's less than half the price of the fringer pro

It's working nicely on the fringer then? I might actually rebuy one in a bit, or even the Viltrox EF-FX, I believe that one has improved also with recent FW updates and it's less than half the price of the fringer pro

yeah, Fringer. wasn't impressed but after checking firmware -camera was on original firmware and adapter was a few behind too. working much, much better now.

Can anyone ID this spider? Spotted on the garden wall other day, seen similar just a few times - looks a little more menacing than the usual orb weavers I tend to get in droves around the garden. Don't think this one is much of a bush dweller, this was closer to the rear of the garage. Shot here using the 16mm, massive crop, but I had to get a little closer than I'd like, lens was almost touching it - was a bit wary it might jump at me :D - spider was about 1.5 inches span
DSCF3340 by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back