The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Was hoping to get out into the woods today, but no such luck, so another dog photo!
I did manage to play with my f mount adapter though, this was taken with the Nikon 35mm f/1.8. Manually focused obviously wide open

X-E1, ISO 1600, 1/20.

hMUwt.jpg

Was hoping to get out into the woods today, but no such luck, so another dog photo!
I did manage to play with my f mount adapter though, this was taken with the Nikon 35mm f/1.8. Manually focused obviously wide open

X-E1, ISO 1600, 1/20.

Whilst I love the pooch, the really bright highlight draws my eye away. I have to say though, you've done a great job of getting a decent image shooting into all that light.

Last edited:
That is precisely how we thought of them too, part of the family. One was almost 10, this one would have been 7 in April. Both will be side by side end of the garden though :)

To lose both in such a short time is very sad, however they will be together in the garden and I think this quote is appropriate.

"In life they were loved and admired, and in death they were not parted."

To lose both in such a short time is very sad, however they will be together in the garden and I think this quote is appropriate.

"In life they were loved and admired, and in death they were not parted."

Yeah it's tough, I was out in the garden earlier looking for something interesting to photograph [didn't find much] and there was some rustling in the bushes - expected the cat to come running out as she always followed me into the garden to have a nose what I was doing. But it was a Blackbird mooching about. Got me thinking, the birds won't be as shy coming in over the winter now with the cats gone.

X-E1, ISO 1600, 1/20.

hMUwt.jpg

If you get a Nikon G adapter you can stop your lenses down, they have an aperture adjustment ring on them. I had a K&F concept one a couple years back that I used for a Sigma 150mm macro lens I had left over from my Nikon gear.

Yeah it's tough, I was out in the garden earlier looking for something interesting to photograph [didn't find much] and there was some rustling in the bushes - expected the cat to come running out as she always followed me into the garden to have a nose what I was doing. But it was a Blackbird mooching about. Got me thinking, the birds won't be as shy coming in over the winter now with the cats gone.

If you get a Nikon G adapter you can stop your lenses down, they have an aperture adjustment ring on them. I had a K&F concept one a couple years back that I used for a Sigma 150mm macro lens I had left over from my Nikon gear.

Yes mine has the aperture adjustment, but it needed to be wide open to get a decent shutter speed. It’s not K&F but looks identical.

We sadly said goodbye to our second cat this year today. Scout developed a growth just a couple of weeks back, she had surgery to remove it but unfortunately the cancer had spread, rapidly. We had her put to sleep this evening, very sad for the kids [and us] - she was 6 1/2 years young. Will miss her posing for me. One of my most popular images on Flickr is of her from this summer - X-H1 with a Canon 50mm 1.8 adapted:

MMM, freshly mown lawn by K G, on Flickr

RIP little moggy
Sorry to hear about scout, such a bad time for families.

What lens will you use? You may struggle to balance the camera and lens on something that cheap. I was looking at the Zhiyun Crane M2 and even that will just about get an X-T3 with a light prime and is more suited to the X-T30. The FeiyuTech G6 Plus might balance something upto 800g but again lens dependent.

I have a 23 f2, 16 f2.8 and 18-55 that I was going to use.

Here's a couple from a 'flat' Dartmoor today. A real shame the light just didn't want to play ball as much as i'd have liked.

Put a black piece of cloth over the chair then put the mask on it, X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4 and a straight Sooc with natural light coming through the lounge window.

The Mask by Dave, on Flickr

really nice Dave, I just love it when you get a shot SOOC as good as that.

Put a black piece of cloth over the chair then put the mask on it, X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4 and a straight Sooc with natural light coming through the lounge window.

The Mask by Dave, on Flickr

Very nice still life type Fujigraph, works for me really well.

George,

Very nice Dave, every time I see your still life I think I must have a go myself.

Thank you Graham, I`m really enjoying this still life at the moment as it`s keeping me sane for staying in so much this last week or so but I hope to get out on Wednesday. Can`t wait till my little tabletop arrives in the next day or so, as I will be trying the XF50mm f2 and Raynox150 on the T3.

Was driving home and the light in the woods just off the road was incredible. I managed to pull in and leap out and find a good spot, just as the light was going... Took the shot and then noticed the iso was set to 1600! The light had gone and no second chance.. bugger. Salvaged what I could in LR.

X-E1, ISO 1600, 16-50mm f/3.5.5.6 @16mm, f/8, 1/180sec
2KW2Q.jpg

Was driving home and the light in the woods just off the road was incredible. I managed to pull in and leap out and find a good spot, just as the light was going... Took the shot and then noticed the iso was set to 1600! The light had gone and no second chance.. bugger. Salvaged what I could in LR.

2KW2Q.jpg

I`d be happy with that, beautiful colours and a lovely image.

Well I have been having a good think today, now I have the 56mm f1.2 back I`m going to get rid of the XF90mm f2. Yes it`s a great lens and have loved using it for the music hall shots in the summer but as I don`t go there anymore plus having the 56mm back I now have to think of a price and put it in the classified.

This shot looks silky smooth with the right amount of contrast... Love it.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

2KW2Q.jpg
Tom, that's a cracker capture...! That X-E1 with 16-50 is producing fabulous images..!!! Respect.

Peter

2KW2Q.jpg
Lovely colours. Very nice capture

Looking for advice from any street photographers here that have used the 23, 35 and 50 f/2's...

I've currently got the 23 and love it, but I find myself cropping a little bit in post. I'm thinking of getting either the 35 or 50 to go with it, but I can't decide which. I also have the 80 mm macro, so having the 50 would give me 23, 50 and 80 in primes which seems like a nice spread. On the other hand, I don't usually have to crop a huge amount and I love the 50mm FF equivalent length, so maybe the 35 would suit me more. But then I'd have the 23 and 35 which seem very close.

I can't pick. What I should really do is spend a day with my 18-55 and see what lengths I use the most, then buy that one. Or actually just use the 18-55 I suppose. Argggggggg too many decisions.

Looking for advice from any street photographers here that have used the 23, 35 and 50 f/2's...

I've currently got the 23 and love it, but I find myself cropping a little bit in post. I'm thinking of getting either the 35 or 50 to go with it, but I can't decide which. I also have the 80 mm macro, so having the 50 would give me 23, 50 and 80 in primes which seems like a nice spread. On the other hand, I don't usually have to crop a huge amount and I love the 50mm FF equivalent length, so maybe the 35 would suit me more. But then I'd have the 23 and 35 which seem very close.

I can't pick. What I should really do is spend a day with my 18-55 and see what lengths I use the most, then buy that one. Or actually just use the 18-55 I suppose. Argggggggg too many decisions.

Either the 35mm f2 or 50mm f2 are great

50mm f2

Quick Step by Dave, on Flickr

35mm f2

The Kiss by Dave, on Flickr

2KW2Q.jpg

Lovely scene, great colours. Nice one.

Back