The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Cracking image Jim, looks like an old Susie.

Thanks Dave, i'm SO pleased I moved to Fujifilm ... what a stellar difference from my large Nikon body - it's liberating!

View attachment 261063

I just felt I had to share this. I enjoy my landscape photography and would lug around my Canon 5Div along with 2-3 lenses, and my Manfrotto tripod.
Well a little satchel has arrived today, and a smaller tripod off eBay yesterday (had researched it and sounded good), and I just can’t contain my excitement on how small my get up is now and how it has renewed my love for being out with the dog and camera and can take it with me so more often.
I still do have a larger lens and the other tripod but that’s just being silly trying to fit in this bag [emoji6]

That's what it's about, go light, go anywhere... I have issues with my back and one of my knees, but the Fuji, the 10-24, a couple of filters and my travel tripod are lighter than my 6D & one L lens when I had them....

I've not been out with the camera much at all recently, so not much to upload - just a couple nothing images, one more just a family shot, the other I was just curious on the bokeh of the 50F2 stopped down a bit, to F4 in this case. Pleasant enough for my liking. The other just a pic of my daughter wrapped up in her new mustard wooly had and a throw over for her bed that matches, 16mm 1.4 @ 1.4 ISO 2000

DSCF4672 by K G, on Flickr

Heating on the blink by K G, on Flickr

I've not been out with the camera much at all recently, so not much to upload - just a couple nothing images, one more just a family shot, the other I was just curious on the bokeh of the 50F2 stopped down a bit, to F4 in this case. Pleasant enough for my liking. The other just a pic of my daughter wrapped up in her new mustard wooly had and a throw over for her bed that matches, 16mm 1.4 @ 1.4 ISO 2000

DSCF4672 by K G, on Flickr

Heating on the blink by K G, on Flickr

Nice one Keith, looks like your daughter is wrapped up in her tablet too.

Nice one Keith, looks like your daughter is wrapped up in her tablet too.

Thanks :) yeah, that's the iphone she got for her birthday recently. But she's been on tablets and using game consoles since she was 3, sometimes you just can't fight it - let them get on with the modern age :)

Kind of gets to you doesn't it? It becomes more than "just a camera", it's something that you want to go out and use....

When I had the Canon it was nice but in the end it became a pain to take out, now with Fuji it is a pleasure and joy to take them out and use. Plus the colours are just so damn good too.

Kind of gets to you doesn't it? It becomes more than "just a camera", it's something that you want to go out and use....
When I had the Canon it was nice but in the end it became a pain to take out, now with Fuji it is a pleasure and joy to take them out and use. Plus the colours are just so damn good too.
It is precisely that, sad as it sounds, I feel part of a community rather than a corporation, it may well be delusional but I genuinely feel that people using this system care. And this thread is evidence of that.

Midday/blue sky photography isn’t always my thing but I don’t think I have ever seen Llyn Idwal so still. It’s normally howling wind and rain.

Pen Yr Ole Wen
by Jason, on Flickr
What a belter. Right place, right time, and very well taken

It is precisely that, sad as it sounds, I feel part of a community rather than a corporation, it may well be delusional but I genuinely feel that people using this system care. And this thread is evidence of that.
I have to agree with these type of comments, I’m enjoying my fuji gear, after lugging around FX gear. I had a D750, and I also have a Canon G16, which I took out if I couldn’t be bothered with my Nikon gear. I hardly use the canon anymore because the Fuji is so easy to take out. I also like the rendering on my Xt3, I don’t use pp as much anymore.

The Fuji system is just superb, I am really enjoying owning the equipment as well as using it :)

DSCF1848 copy by rick phillips, on Flickr

In my personal opinion its the best & nicest to use APS-C system available. I can see no advantage whatsoever in using a DSLR these days as apposed to a good mirrorless system.

George.

Last edited:
Even the baby Fuji slays the competition. Can’t believe we didn’t win the handling category though. What is that reviewer on...? :p

:fuji:

The XT30 is a bit slippery, if it had a better grip it would have taken that too. The Z50 does look much more comfortable. But yup, overall it's more than a match for these newer cameras

I have to agree with these type of comments, I’m enjoying my fuji gear, after lugging around FX gear. I had a D750, and I also have a Canon G16, which I took out if I couldn’t be bothered with my Nikon gear. I hardly use the canon anymore because the Fuji is so easy to take out. I also like the rendering on my Xt3, I don’t use pp as much anymore.

I always liked my G16 and the G9 before that - now replaced with a Sony RX100 though.

OK folks a bit stumped here, I have enough to get a new Fuji X-E3 but Mum said today she would split the price if I wanted another X100F instead. I have had both cameras as the last X100F is in the sea and I loved it but in the small amount of time I had the X-E3 I really liked that too. Lenses I have are in my signature.

Last edited:
X-E3 would be my choice, especially as you have the 23 F2.

X-E3 would be my choice, especially as you have the 23 F2.

Agree as just been looking at reviews and the XF23mm f2 is better than the older 23mm on the F, plus I don`t want Mum spending a lot on me as she already treated me to the 56mm. So mind made up now, X-E3 here I come AGAIN :fuji:

Agree as just been looking at reviews and the XF23mm f2 is better than the older 23mm on the F, plus I don`t want Mum spending a lot on me as she already treated me to the 56mm. So mind made up now, X-E3 here I come AGAIN :fuji:

Really?? I thought the XF 23 was supposed to be the weakest of the Fujicrons and I was under the impression that the 23 mm lens on the X100F did really well. I'm not doubting you conclusions, just expressing surprise.

Really?? I thought the XF 23 was supposed to be the weakest of the Fujicrons and I was under the impression that the 23 mm lens on the X100F did really well. I'm not doubting you conclusions, just expressing surprise.

I think on both XF23mm f2 and the 23mm on the X100F are not great for close ups at f2, plus I need to give the X-E3 another chance too.

Took the dogs for a walk in the woods outside my house and took the little X-E1 and elcheapo 16-50. Light was pretty crap and was quite dark in the woods, so got some longish exposures.

Also saw this lovely tree on the way

20taY.jpg

20BpD.jpg

20QFk.jpg

I'm pretty chuffed with the 10-24, it gives a really nice wide perspective and sharpness is pretty bang on too (an image from this morning)

X-Pro 1. XF 10-24 OIS lens, F11, 10mm focal length, 75 second exposure, ISO 200.

Last edited:
Took the dogs for a walk in the woods outside my house and took the little X-E1 and elcheapo 16-50. Light was pretty crap and was quite dark in the woods, so got some longish exposures.

Also saw this lovely tree on the way

20taY.jpg

20BpD.jpg

20QFk.jpg

Love the water in that second one....

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Fuji stuff, but the two zooms I’ve got - 16-55 and 55-200 - the lens hoods are a right faff to reverse. I store them in my camera bag reversed to save space. Maybe I’m just cack-handed but I have to line up the marks, press the hoods quite tightly against the lens and then turn quite carefully to get them to lock. The 55-200’s hood is forever falling off. Just me.?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Fuji stuff, but the two zooms I’ve got - 16-55 and 55-200 - the lens hoods are a right faff to reverse. I store them in my camera bag reversed to save space. Maybe I’m just cack-handed but I have to line up the marks, press the hoods quite tightly against the lens and then turn quite carefully to get them to lock. The 55-200’s hood is forever falling off. Just me.?

I haven’t yet managed to fit my 16-50 hood. It’s just won’t go on right and I got annoyed and threw it in my bag where it’s stayed. :LOL:

Out and about earlier today and popped into a local charity shop to find this Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm f/2.8 lens with a price tag of £4.95. I just need an adapter now. Can anyone suggest/recommend me an adapter please for Fuji X? This lens is a baynot mount, not screw thread mount.

Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm by APM Photography, on Flickr

XP1 | 135mm | f5.6 | 1/4 | iso 200

Last edited:
Just something a little different, I have faded the background to reduce the clutter and make this little fella pop a little more. CC welcomed
X-T3 16-80 f4
View attachment 261213

Love the critter pops so a good job on that. You seem to of gelled very nicely with the 16-80mm too.

Out and about earlier today and popped into a local charity shop to find this Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm f/2.8 lens with a price tag of £4.95. I just need an adapter now. Can anyone suggest/recommend me an adapter please for Fuji X? This lens is a baynot mount, not screw thread mount.

Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm by APM Photography, on Flickr

XP1 | 135mm | f5.6 | 1/4 | iso 200

Very nice deal too, got to love the charity shops.

Back