The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@R.Y.K. LEE ....WEX are offering the same deal..... it’s a good tempting offer.

At the moment yes, as will keep all lenses and go from there.
Ok, at present I am torn between buying a 23 F2 and the 16 F1.4. This will be my last lens purchase for sure :D

What the viewfinder like on the X-E3?

A couple of shots taken from the riverside this morning - a lovely bright clear day for a change and a walk along the causeway between the River Hamble and the wildlife area. Nothing special - just lovely scenery and boats, boats , boats - in fact it looked like a boat park but then, it is a very boaty area.

DSCF0727_W+1600px.jpg

and this very obliging chappie (a Black-Headed Gull in winter plumage I believe)
DSCF0734_M_F_RedBor+1600px.jpg

and of course, after the walk, lunch and a couple of sherbets in a riverside hostelry - a good start to the weekend :)

X-T10 and XC 50-230

I've hardly done any photography in the last three months and not shared anything since the summer, but I've wanted to try capturing the Milky Way for years and love looking at other people's images of it. I finally had a go a couple of months ago and here it is above an old chapel on a peninsular of the Isle of Man. (Oh, yes there is an actual 'lean' on the tower, it's not all lens distortion!)

I used the X-T3 and manual focus Samyang 12mm f2 lens, which was brilliant until I knocked the focus ring late in the session - I've plenty to learn yet :)

Heavens Above
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've hardly done any photography in the last three months and not shared anything since the summer, but I've wanted to try capturing the Milky Way for years and love looking at other people's images of it. I finally had a go a couple of months ago and here it is above an old chapel on a peninsular of the Isle of Man. (Oh, yes there is an actual 'lean' on the tower, it's not all lens distortion!)

I used the X-T3 and manual focus Samyang 12mm f2 lens, which was brilliant until I knocked the focus ring late in the session - I've plenty to learn yet :)

Heavens Above
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Nice. Good foreground interest as well. I’ve got that lens and must give the MW a go now the early, winter dark skies are here.

A small bunch from my trip to China:

1. Dawn over HK from the Peak
Peak II by Ian, on Flickr

2. Hong Kong Island blue hour, from Kowloon
HKVI by Ian, on Flickr

3. Pudong Dawn, Shanghai
SHV by Ian, on Flickr

4. Grand Hyatt Hotel Atrium (taken while on my knees, too scared to look over the edge...)
SHIII by Ian, on Flickr

5. Forbidden City Sunset
BJIII by Ian, on Flickr

6. Beijing Centre for Performing Arts in Blue Hour
BJIV by Ian, on Flickr
Beautiful shots Ian

X-H1 + XF23mm f1.4, Andy my mate let me have a go with his lens today and I love it so 100% will be getting this next week.

Sara Jazz Trio by Dave, on Flickr

X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2 today at The Better Half jazz today.

Roy by Dave, on Flickr

Xpro2 + XF23mm f2

Dan Playing Double Bass by Dave, on Flickr

Dan by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shots there Dave, the 23 1.4 looks like a great lens...

I'm hoping you can help. I had a great day out with the camera today, but a few of the photos have the worming effect. Any way around this, and why only some of the photos?
No watermark social med-1619.jpg
But then this one was taken a few minutes later in darker conditions, but there was no 'worms'Social Media-1629.jpg

Last edited:
The only time I've seen 'worms' with Fuji files is when I pumped the sharpening, have you processed them differently\/ the first one almost looks like i's a troll :D I'm sure that's not your intention but I have never had an image file from Fuji looking anything like that

I'm hoping you can help. I had a great day out with the camera today, but a few of the photos have the worming effect. Any way around this, and why only some of the photos?
View attachment 261614
But then this one was taken a few minutes later in darker conditions, but there was no 'worms'View attachment 261615
I have seen reports that it happens sometimes in a busy out of focus areas, grass trees leaves etc. In those circumstances Lightroom detail slider is the cause apparently. Many videos on youtube about it. None or very little detail slider use! Have seen it a few times in my images but now use Capture One and that is amazing for sharpening. You could always export to Photo shop and do your sharpening with that.

It is certainly a processing problem to do with sharpening or detail enhancement.at raw processing stage.

I found the sharpening slider/module in LR to be the biggest culprit. It’s set too high as a default for importing Fuji files imho.

I’ve messed around with LR, (including the detail enhancer), Iridient and Capture One to see which gives, to me, the best results and C1 blows the others away. Maybe give the free Fuji Express version a try and see what you think. Saying that, many people are more than happy with LR and have no issues. Tbh, I had more trouble with my D750 files (banding when editing) than I’ve had with Fuji. It’s just finding a workflow that works for you and the camera.

X-H1 + XF23mm f1.4, Andy my mate let me have a go with his lens today and I love it so 100% will be getting this next week.

Sara Jazz Trio by Dave, on Flickr

X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2 today at The Better Half jazz today.

Roy by Dave, on Flickr

Xpro2 + XF23mm f2

Dan Playing Double Bass by Dave, on Flickr

Dan by Dave, on Flickr

“Excellent” set of candid street style Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much.

George.

View attachment 261614
But then this one was taken a few minutes later in darker conditions, but there was no 'worms'View attachment 261615

Two very nice Fujigraphs, liking them both very much with #2 being clearly my fav’.

George.

Nice. Good foreground interest as well. I’ve got that lens and must give the MW a go now the early, winter dark skies are here.
Thanks Jason, it's a Dark Skies site and it was awe inspiring to be out under the stars. The little Samyang is ideal for night skies and I will definitely be trying again. I could have stayed out all night!

X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2, just trying to get it dark and moody in Nik Collection.

Roy by Dave, on Flickr
Some great shots and PP in the latest sets Dave, great`t to see you are much better now.

View attachment 261614
I’ve found that out of focus greenery is the worst culprit for worms. There isn’t enough detail in the background of the second one for worms. I find tweaking the sharpening settings in Lightroom fixes them. I can’t remember exactly the settings, as I just set it as an import preset.

Back