The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Oh yes @Dave70D ...

Pray tell what’s caught your eye.....

Bloody voucher ... All I need lol but some handy deals to be had. Just not for me.

XF14mmF2.8 R -------------------------- Got
XF16mmF1.4 R WR
XF23mmF1.4 R -------------------------- Got
XF56mmF1.2 R -------------------------- Got
XF90mmF2 R LM WR
XF10-24mmF4 R OIS
XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
XF55-200mmF3.5-F4.8 R LM OIS ------ Got

If they`re transferable, and anyone wants mine, gimmie a shout and I`ll email it over (y)

Surf was up in Exmouth this morning, a lovely bright and blustery day

X-Pro1; XC 16-50mm lens; f5.6, ISO 200; 1/500

Superb shot and just goes to show that the 'Old Clunker' and the cheapo XC lens takes some beating.

@Dave70D .... was looking at picking up either an X-E3 or Xpro2 or saying b*****ks and get an Xpro3. Hmmmm

@Dave70D .... was looking at picking up either an X-E3 or Xpro2 or saying b*****ks and get an Xpro3. Hmmmm

For having the Xpro3 as a fun camera was too costly, I use to have the little X-E3 but traded it for the Xpro2. After trying my mates XF23mm f1.4 I knew that was the lens I will get.

Plus I will be buying Luminar 4 as it seems a fun tool for editing the sky, then I`ve just upgraded from C1 Pro12 to Pro20.
Im enjoying Luminar 3 and tempted to upgrade.

I've just added this one to Flickr but I don't know what type of bird it is. It was at a birds of prey display and I think it's a Falcon of some type but I'd be grateful if anyone can identify it. X-T3 and 100-400mm.

Falcon by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

I've just added this one to Flickr but I don't know what type of bird it is. It was at a birds of prey display and I think it's a Falcon of some type but I'd be grateful if anyone can identify it. X-T3 and 100-400mm.

Falcon
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

OMG!!! That is just stunning Andrea, a fantastic shot and it is a bird of prey :D Plus no idea.

Falcon
Great shot, maybe a Hobby.

Falcon

@Cobra Will know.

It was at a birds of prey display and I think it's a Falcon of some type
Without seeing the full sized bird. Its either a Lanner or a Pere x Lanner

Falcon

“Excellent” Fujigraph, with good colour and so much fine detail.

George.

:) Thank you!

OMG!!! That is just stunning Andrea, a fantastic shot and it is a bird of prey :D Plus no idea.

Thanks, Dave :) I was really pleased with it but I wish I'd taken a note of what it was.

Great shot, maybe a Hobby.

Thanks, RIck - I had a look for Hobbies and there are some strong similarities, especially around the eyes and beak.

“Excellent” Fujigraph, with good colour and so much fine detail.

Thank you, George , it's a sharp lens and a lovely bird. Just wish I knew what it is![[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Another fine image from you Nick, wish the lady in the BG had moved from view but still great.

Cheers Dave,

I did consider removing her in post, but she's the grooms favourite aunt, so decided to leave her there

Last edited:
Having a play with C1 this morning and suddenly realised that it doesn't handle .dng files, which is a PITA.

Some of my landscapes are made up of 3-5 images combined to capture the sky and the details in the shadows. I can't see a way of combining the images in C1 (free version) and it won't import the DNG files....

Having a play with C1 this morning and suddenly realised that it doesn't handle .dng files, which is a PITA.

Some of my landscapes are made up of 3-5 images combined to capture the sky and the details in the shadows. I can't see a way of combining the images in C1 (free version) and it won't import the DNG files....

I've downloaded Capture 1 this weekend after a 30% off black Friday deal. Thought £6.99 a month for a year wasn't too bad.

My early thoughts are the RAW conversion for Fuji to me looks better than Lightoom. You should be able to import the RAWs directly to Capture 1 and then transfer them as DNGs or TIFFS to lightroom/photoshop if you want to do more specifics. You shouldn't need to convert to DNG before capture 1. You can also set up an automatic file transfer from C1 to lightroom.

From what I can see C1 could effectively replace lightroom but more complicated tasks like blending exposures would still require photoshop. However you would have a better quality Tiff/DNG than you would have got from Lightroom.

This is on the pro version rather than the free version.

Last edited:
I recently took up a discounted annual membership of capture 1. My early thoughts are the RAW conversion for Fuji to me looks better than lightoom. You should be able to import the RAWs directly to Capture 1 and then transfer them as DNGs or TIFFS to lightroom/photoshop. You shouldnt need to convert to DNG before capture 1.

Ben, my point is that many of my landscapes consist of multiple images to capture all the tones. This is easy in LR as it has a tool for the job, it combines them and creates a .DNG file. There is no way of doing this in my version of C1 (so it seems), and it won't import the DNG files which means I'm very likely to discount C1 as part of my workflow.

It also doesn't have the gradient filter. I would need to check that both of these are supported in the full version before I even considered moving from LR.

Love the 2nd one.

Well, I have had my X-e2 for all of about 4 weeks and have 2 photo on my wall from it. I don't recall the last time I put a photo on my wall from a digital camera, how odd.
They aren't necessarily "great" photos but I wanted them on my wall, wonder what that says?
Next up need to try the X-T20 (which I prefer the handling of) and was going to sell the X-e2 as it was a temporary item to bridge the gap whilst the X-T10 got repaired, but it died, Wex refunded and I upgraded, the wife had a play with the E2 and it looks like it's staying (the camera, oh and the wife of course).

Back