The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks for looking, Chris, I should have thought of asking you! I've had a look and I can see a lot of similarities. - I will try to find a frame showing the whole bird.
An image won't help Andrea, I'd need to see it "live" to tell.
Lanners make great display birds but they are also sometimes crossed with peregrines, but they always almost look Lanners, certainly on the first cross.

Ben, my point is that many of my landscapes consist of multiple images to capture all the tones. This is easy in LR as it has a tool for the job, it combines them and creates a .DNG file. There is no way of doing this in my version of C1 (so it seems), and it won't import the DNG files which means I'm very likely to discount C1 as part of my workflow.

It also doesn't have the gradient filter. I would need to check that both of these are supported in the full version before I even considered moving from LR.

The Capture 1 pro I have signed up for does appear to support DNG files. It also has a dedicated tool for applying gradient masks. This done as a layer which is a bit different to lightroom. I havent used the free version of C1 so perhaps these are only available on the paid models.

As you said though exposure blending would still need doing in Adobe PS/LR,, unless there is a way to do it in C1 which I haven't discovered yet.

Just a heads up for anyone on the free flickr, and has the adobe photography plan ... Nice discount, and I hadn`t realized that you get a couple of months free, when you go pro, so not too bad a deal imo :)

Dad’s and daughter’s

Dad’s and daughter’s by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Very nice Nick actually prefer it with the Aunt in the background.
Finally got the Viltrox 85mm on a 2 week evaluation, quite impressed so far but it's essential to have the latest firmware. Build quality seems very good, no major issues so far.

CC-1 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Very nice Pete

Very nice David one of my favourite spots in Snowdonia keep saying I will go up to the wall but always get distracted on the way up and its usually dark before I get there, will have to give it a go for sunrise.

Great PR shots mate (y)
We were doing some demo stuff today and I wanted to take some shots for a training brochure. It saves us having to demo this to prospective customers, and is also better for the environment. We don't make a habit of making that much smoke, but it is necessary for us to train with real fuel fires rather than gas fires which look good but you aren't actually extinguishing.

Very nice David one of my favourite spots in Snowdonia keep saying I will go up to the wall but always get distracted on the way up and its usually dark before I get there, will have to give it a go for sunrise.

Ive never got as far as the wall, usually spend too long trying to sort out the waterfall with the best composition!!!

Another shot from yesterday morning ...

X-Pro1; XC 16-50 Lens; f11; 1/180; ISO 200

Watkins-24.jpg

XT3 | 56mm 1.2 |

16 images stitched together

Nice one, liking the subtle colours. (y)

I got as far as the waterfalls last winter. Took me half an hour to squelch my way up there through the mud and snow, falling over far too many times for my own good. Didn't attempt to get any higher. It's on 'the list' for this winter.

Hopefully, the Sony gear is staying for now.
So I guess the Fuji X100F is kind of a test run to see how I get on. :)
I tried that with an XT10, which went bang, so I got a X-e2 as a stop gap, which I am keeping, then I bought an XT20 and I have 2 XC lenses and I vowed it wasn't to replace my 5D3 and L lenses, then I started looking at XF lenses and water resistant bodies and IBIS, ..........................................

Last edited:
I tried that with an XT10, which went bang, so I got a X-e2 as a stop gap then I bought an XT20 and I have 2 XC lenses and I vowed it wasn't to replace my 5D3 and L lenses, then I started looking at XF lenses and water resistant bodies and IBIS, ..........................................
I have a high-end Sony system as present but going to hold onto it for now, but still feeling like selling it and releasing cash is the wise option. Will see.

Back