The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

From my mooch around Snowdonia the other day.

I stumbled across this little-known spot with a scruffy little tree. I love it when you find hidden gems that no-one else has ever taken a photo of. :p:exit:

A Famous Tree..
by Jason, on Flickr

"Excellent" landscape style Fujigraph, well composed & exposed with a really nice mono presentation.

George.

Exactly where is this Jason? I'm in Snowdonia in May with my car club, and I'd like to get at least one day's shooting while I'm there...

It‘s easy to find mate and a good spot to add to your day as it’s not too far from Snowdon, Ogwen Valley and all the other ace places around there.

If you drive into Llanberis from Snowdon (Pen-y-pass) on the A4086 you’ll pass the Snowdon railway on your left. Keep following the A4086 and Llyn Padarn will appear on your right, keep on the road alongside the lake, past a big car park on your right and then the lake viewpoint parking. Take the first road on the right after this and park in Snowdon Watersports car park. Walk all of 25 seconds to the shoreline, along the path (which is well worn and muddy enough to tell you you’re going the right way), and then join the queue of other photographers, taking care not to trip on the tripod holes! :)

If you put Llyn Padarn into Google Earth/Maps you can easily find Snowdon Watersports and it’s car park opposite (halfway along the south shore). The ’C’ shaped bit of shore by the car park is where you’re looking for - the tree is on the north tip. It’s tagged on Google Earth.

A still, misty morning there is one of my bucket list shots.

HTH.

Last edited:
Back from a couple of hours with an X-T4 and X100V

X-T4 - not for me, AF is very fast though, battery grip is huge!

X100V - a thing of loveliness - all the improvements are nice, aperture ring a lot more positive than previous cameras, probably due to Weather Sealing

So did you purchase? :D

X100V - a thing of loveliness - all the improvements are nice, aperture ring a lot more positive than previous cameras, probably due to Weather Sealing

Apart from the removable battery grip, what didn't you like about the t4?

So, for a good friend of mine (who's not yet a member on here), what's the collective verdict on the Fuji 16-80 F4 OIS please ?

He's currently moving from Canon FF fo Fuji and his most used lens on his 5D MK II is the 24-105, so he was thinking about the 16-80 (24-120 effective), but is a little concerned by the less than enthusiastic reviews this lens gets. Usually 5x or more zooms from any manufacturer aren't going to be as good as say a 3x zoom e.g. 24-70, (except maybe the incredible 8x Olympus 12-100 F4), but most of the reviews seem to suggest that corners are quite soft and that at 80mm the whole frame is just average ?

Any thoughts please ?
I moved from my Canon 5Div & beloved 24-105 to the Fuji X-T3 & 16-80. The compromise was worth it for me for the weight and for travel. Yes, there is a little difference, but I love my 16-80 and take it out with me so much more than the Canon, perfect for what I want it for.
I took all these pics with the 16-80 - these are on my Instagram page, if you want to look at them in a higher res (although the Instagram is also a low res pic of the real one)
Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 19.51.35.png

Interested in what didn't work for you re the X-T4. Have one on pre-order as an upgrade to my X-T2.
Cheers
Dave

So did you purchase? :D

Not today, but looking like I might make a purchase tomorrow on a Fuji camera that takes large pictures :)

That`s good to hear, as hope to get one on re order off Wex (y)

You will not be disappointed, it’s a lovely thing

Apart from the removable battery grip, what didn't you like about the t4?

There is nothing wrong with the camera, it’s great, but it isn’t what I need, In a 2 years time I might consider changing the H1 for a s/h one (without the grip!!)

Interested in what didn't work for you re the X-T4. Have one on pre-order as an upgrade to my X-T2.
Cheers
Dave

As above!! Don’t expect your pre-order soon, the official Fuji line is now ‘late spring’

Last edited:
Not today, but looking like I might make a purchase tomorrow on a Fuji camera that takes large pictures :)

You will not be disappointed, it’s a lovely thing

There is nothing wrong with the camera, it’s great, but it isn’t what I need, In a 2 years time I might consider changing the H1 for a s/h one (without the grip!!)

As above!! Don’t expect your pre-order soon, the official Fuji line is now ‘late spring’
Thanks! Yes, the 'late spring' timeframe was what I was told too.

Not on round 1, whilst it is a lot sharper at F2, there really is no difference F5.6-F11, which is where most of my work is, so yes it will still happen, just not yet

Even the mention of round 1 means a round 2 will surely follow :D
Really happy with mine... can’t wait to give it a proper workout as the year progresses.

@Riz_Guru Question about the V, do you leave the WR kit on all the time ?
The WR kit is nothing special from Fuji, it's just a AR-X100 adaptor ring and their clear glass filter that seals the front of the lens.
I much prefer the B+W filters so opted not to buy the WR kit for £50/99 as I don't think its worth it.
So I have B+W filters on all 3 of my lenses.... WCL, Native and TCL. and I just unscrew the AR-X100 portion section with the filter still remaining on it.
I have just put a set in the classifieds ;)

@Riz_Guru Question about the V, do you leave the WR kit on all the time ?

Dave I would only put it on when you think you need it, a flat filter is often more prone to flare and no doubt the lens has more anti-flare coatings applied to it than a simple flat filter.

@Riz_Guru - in price negotiation my my new kit.....

The WR kit is nothing special from Fuji, it's just a AR-X100 adaptor ring and their clear glass filter that seals the front of the lens.
I much prefer the B+W filters so opted not to buy the WR kit for £50/99 as I don't think its worth it.
So I have B+W filters on all 3 of my lenses.... WCL, Native and TCL. and I just unscrew the AR-X100 portion section with the filter still remaining on it.
I have just put a set in the classifieds ;)
Dave I would only put it on when you think you need it, a flat filter is often more prone to flare and no doubt the lens has more anti-flare coatings applied to it than a simple flat filter.

@Riz_Guru - in price negotiation my my new kit.....
:eek: what are you getting? Mmmmm :D

After the serious screw up I had to put in a re-order, but have to wait now till they get some more in and on a good note I got a voucher for 45 quid for a hamper which I gave to Mum for helping.

Back