The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Took my new X100F out to Wells yesterday for a mooch about. I love it already! I bought it to go alongside my X-T2, to use on general days out when the X-T2 is a little bulky. Can safely say that I'll be taking it with me whenever I leave the house now.

View attachment 283752
Yes it is a great little camera,i sold mine a while back & regret it.

I find the 18-55 works well with extension tubes.
I find the 18-55 works well with extension tubes.

Thanks soeren, I think I shall get the tubes first. BTW if after receiving a lens from one of the main dealers you think that its not quite the thing you were after will they take it back for full refund, or perhaps would that leave a nasty taste for them.

Thanks soeren, I think I shall get the tubes first. BTW if after receiving a lens from one of the main dealers you think that its not quite the thing you were after will they take it back for full refund, or perhaps would that leave a nasty taste for them.
I tried the 18-55mm and the 35mm f/2 with the 16mm tube and the 18-55mm did very well, the 35mm f/2 lacked sharpness to a disapointing extent. An old 55mm f/3,5 micro nikkor on a cheap adapter is another very good option with 1:2 reproduction ratio and old mechanical 50mm and wider lenses on reversing rings let you play with magnifications at 1:1 and beyond for little money

Well that's been a very expensive morning :oops: :$
I don't think I should be allowed out on my own. Mind you the wife would've seen the price of stuff if she tagged along.

xt4/16-80 - hadley pro 2020 and hadley pro small in burgundy for the v - xt4 grip plus 2 batteries - gitzo carbon tripod

Batteries on charge but no charger, charging through the camera which I hate doing. Charger on order though.

I'm off for a sit down with a strong drink!

I tried the 18-55mm and the 35mm f/2 with the 16mm tube and the 18-55mm did very well, the 35mm f/2 lacked sharpness to a disapointing extent. An old 55mm f/3,5 micro nikkor on a cheap adapter is another very good option with 1:2 reproduction ratio and old mechanical 50mm and wider lenses on reversing rings let you play with magnifications at 1:1 and beyond for little money

Thanks again soeren, Have just took a look and 55mm f/3.5 micro nikkor are sold as Pre Ai and Ai converted, This being all new to me, is one preferable. Thanks for help.

Thanks again soeren, Have just took a look and 55mm f/3.5 micro nikkor are sold as Pre Ai and Ai converted, This being all new to me, is one preferable. Thanks for help.
No its not relevant for mirrorless shooters. It's auto indexing of the apperture on Nikon SLR's

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I should be allowed out on my own. Mind you the wife would've seen the price of stuff if she tagged along.

xt4/16-80 - hadley pro 2020 and hadley pro small in burgundy for the v - xt4 grip plus 2 batteries - gitzo carbon tripod

Batteries on charge but no charger, charging through the camera which I hate doing. Charger on order though.

Aw man you're making me jealous. Thinking I wish I never sold my X-T4 for the X100V simple set up now Haha. Damn you! I didnt like the fact there was no charger with the X-T4. Not even the X100V. Fuji have went mainstream and getting money out of you for chargers and flashes which they used to include. I suppose they need to keep the money down on the bodies somehow but still.

:eek: Blimey, hope it's a cheap drink after all that spending :LOL:

Aw man you're making me jealous. Thinking I wish I never sold my X-T4 for the X100V simple set up now Haha. Damn you! I didnt like the fact there was no charger with the X-T4. Not even the X100V. Fuji have went mainstream and getting money out of you for chargers and flashes which they used to include. I suppose they need to keep the money down on the bodies somehow but still.

It's a nice setup now, sold a fortunes worth of kit for it though.

Skipping on a charger is a bit mean. Billingham's new bags don't come with the dust bags now either. Looks like they're all at it.

Just waiting for the Hadley Pro small and Xt4 charger to arrive.

T4 fits with grip fitted in the 2020 pro. Spares plus power bank, drinks bottle. Charger and filters in front pocket apple and banana fits in the other pocket.

Weighs nothing compared to my Canon kit!

IMG_20200622_153435.jpg

IMG_20200622_153530.jpg

Man that was an expensive session. But it's only money, we just spent £500 on a garden table & chairs..... And that's cheap after looking around.

I don't know why, but I rarely use my shoulder bags these days. Although I do love my little Billingham, it's just so "nice".

Man that was an expensive session. But it's only money, we just spent £500 on a garden table & chairs..... And that's cheap after looking around.

I don't know why, but I rarely use my shoulder bags these days. Although I do love my little Billingham, it's just so "nice".

You can't take it with you
and I'll be stuffed if I'm leaving it for someone else :p
£500 for garden furniture isn't too bad, especially when you'll be sat there drinking ice cold beers:beer:

I've just ditched a massive lowepro flipside 500. You could hardly lift it up, this shoulder bag is just nice. This setup for me is just right now. Both cameras and kit in light shoulder bags and the peak pouch when I just want to sneak the v out. Pouch is great when I'm out with my pup or wife, no need for food and drink space.

Just waiting for the Hadley Pro small and Xt4 charger to arrive.

T4 fits with grip fitted in the 2020 pro. Spares plus power bank, drinks bottle. Charger and filters in front pocket apple and banana fits in the other pocket.

Weighs nothing compared to my Canon kit!

View attachment 283772

View attachment 283773

That's one hell of a positive "RESULT" in my book David, Congrat's & "ENJOY".

George.

Damn :eek:
Nice little spend up, Sir (y)

one question..................

do you own more cameras or more bikes?:giggle:
Two motorcycles and three X bodies. Although I'd love a few more motorcycles in my garage at some stage..!

My motorcycle addiction is worse than my Fuji fix to be honest.

Cheers;
Pete

It's a nice setup now, sold a fortunes worth of kit for it though.

Skipping on a charger is a bit mean. Billingham's new bags don't come with the dust bags now either. Looks like they're all at it.

What a Gent to brave the wind and rain on your lonesome. Your wife must have been so touched at your thoughtfulness at leaving her at home and in the dry but how lucky that a camera store was open so you could shelter from the weather.

If I had pulled a stunt like that my wife would have skinned me alive. She was drummed out of the Taliban for cruelty.

Nice purchase though, is that the Gitzo GK1545 Traveler?

What a Gent to brave the wind and rain on your lonesome. Your wife must have been so touched at your thoughtfulness at leaving her at home and in the dry but how lucky that a camera store was open so you could shelter from the weather.

If I had pulled a stunt like that my wife would have skinned me alive. She was drummed out of the Taliban for cruelty.

Nice purchase though, is that the Gitzo GK1545 Traveler?

:p
It's been really sunny here today. I've only got to mention photo gear and she falls asleep so leaving her behind wasn't all that difficult. I mentioned Fuji and she fell into a coma leaving me free to escape and spend my hard earned cash.

The Gitzo is the traveler 1, that gk number looks familiar(y)

I've just ditched a massive lowepro flipside 500. You could hardly lift it up, this shoulder bag is just nice. This setup for me is just right now. Both cameras and kit in light shoulder bags and the peak pouch when I just want to sneak the v out. Pouch is great when I'm out with my pup or wife, no need for food and drink space.

I have a dodgy back and a rucksack is better for me. A shoulder bag puts the weight on one side and provokes my backache.... It's OK for short walks, one body, one lens, but not much else unfortunately.

I have a dodgy back and a rucksack is better for me. A shoulder bag puts the weight on one side and provokes my backache.... It's OK for short walks, one body, one lens, but not much else unfortunately.

Lighter is better.

Age has taught me this.

If I overload a shoulder bag it stops circulation in my arms. My last weekend away up Snowdon with the backpack and canon kit/camping kit crippled me for a week after. I literally couldn't bend my back or get up when I sat down. I think we need sherpas!

:p
It's been really sunny here today. I've only got to mention photo gear and she falls asleep so leaving her behind wasn't all that difficult. I mentioned Fuji and she fell into a coma leaving me free to escape and spend my hard earned cash.

The Gitzo is the traveler 1, that gk number looks familiar(y)

I would like to spend my hard earned cash but as you know I have recently taken up sewing.

Luckily just before she redirected my X-T4 cash I had purchased a Gitzo Systematic tripod and gimbal and a very lightweight Sirui tripod but I must admit that good as it is I am drawn to the Italian stuff so a plan is being hatched for a Traveler.

I would like to spend my hard earned cash but as you know I have recently taken up sewing.

Luckily just before she redirected my X-T4 cash I had purchased a Gitzo Systematic tripod and gimbal and a very lightweight Sirui tripod but I must admit that good as it is I am drawn to the Italian stuff so a plan is being hatched for a Traveler.

Can't you sell some of the sewing products that you she knocks up or give her some overtime to get more gear stitched that you can whack on ebay :ROFLMAO:

Baby Gitzo is lovely:love:

tell her to sew faster(y)

On a side note...........

you lot have cost me a feckin' fortune

V+converters then this lot today.

It is pretty expensive forum thread ;)
I`m itching to properly get out with my 16-55, but will have to wait for Saturday now, as I`m back at work.

It is pretty expensive forum thread ;)
I`m itching to properly get out with my 16-55, but will have to wait for Saturday now, as I`m back at work.
That's the problem now, work is getting in the way of life.

Couldn't go out for months, couldn't buy new kit because everywhere was closed. Now we've got new kit we can't use it :confused:

That's the problem now, work is getting in the way of life.

Couldn't go out for months, couldn't buy new kit because everywhere was closed. Now we've got new kit we can't use it :confused:

Typical eh, but hey ho ... We`ll get there in the end (I hope) ;)

At the end of the day, a used 18-55 isn't expensive, and it's far better optically. My son has a T1 & my 18-55 (he "borrowed" it about 18 months ago) and it makes for a nice lightweight package.

The 16-50 mkII I had my eye on was going for just €75 [about £65] inc delivery, but I hesitated and someone's snapped it up. Oh well, I might just try that XC 35 F2, already owned both the XF 35 F2 and had 2 copies of the 1.4, was really hoping the Viltrox 33 1.4 would be great but reviews are iffy at best. The XC35 is a bit of a bargain, brand new it's cheaper than a used 18-55. In general I prefer primes, was just thinking something cheap and cheerful for those times family just ask on the spot for you to take photos, any ol' lens that will fit a group in spur of the moment. But for my own personal shooting it's almost always primes , even old vintage ones I find more fun to use than modern kit lenses

Last edited:
Back