The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Enjoyed a lovely evening walk along the top of Sutton Bank last night. Shame a cloud bank snuffed out any chance of colour at sunset, but the light was lovely while it lasted :)

Sutton Bank by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

X-T3 + 18-55mm kit lens.

Cheers,

Simon.

Beautiful landscape style Fujigraph Simon, with some really lovely colours.

George.

Enjoyed a lovely evening walk along the top of Sutton Bank last night. Shame a cloud bank snuffed out any chance of colour at sunset, but the light was lovely while it lasted :)

Sutton Bank by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

X-T3 + 18-55mm kit lens.

Cheers,

Simon.

Lovely shot Simon. Nice light and colours. Very peaceful.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at the Tate Modern London UK of a young lady sitting on one of the window seats totally engrossed in texting.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/125th @ F4, ISO-320, Handheld.
Window Seat Texting-03441 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Here are a couple I took this morning. Both handheld

X-Pro2; XF10-24mm; f13; 1/12; ISO 100

X-Pro2; XF10-24mm; f16; 1/20; ISO 100

Last edited:
Took a trip out to photograph a waterfall, it was barely a trickle! There's usually a large flow down a huge flat rock but it was dry, well moist.
It was absolutely chucking it down and blowing a gale in Wales today too. You can just about see the trickle under the centre tree.
One of the dead trees I wanted to shoot is now no more, it's broken and in bits all over the mountain side. There's been lots of tree damage since my last visit.

The forecast mist never happened either, there's a faint mist in the distance.
There was also people everywhere, they're like ants!!!!!

To top the day off I almost break my neck climbing down the mountain trying to juggle a camera, tripod and bag. The photo doesn't show how steep (and slippery) it was.
5.00am start wasted.

Took a trip out to photograph a waterfall, it was barely a trickle! There's usually a large flow down a huge flat rock but it was dry, well moist.
It was absolutely chucking it down and blowing a gale in Wales today too. You can just about see the trickle under the centre tree.
One of the dead trees I wanted to shoot is now no more, it's broken and in bits all over the mountain side. There's been lots of tree damage since my last visit.

The forecast mist never happened either, there's a faint mist in the distance.
There was also people everywhere, they're like ants!!!!!

To top the day off I almost break my neck climbing down the mountain trying to juggle a camera, tripod and bag. The photo doesn't show how steep (and slippery) it was.
5.00am start wasted.

You got one goodie, though, I like this very much.

Quick Flickr question if I may - is there a way to hide a snap from your public photostream but still have it appear in your albums?

I’m snapping lots of pics for my [urban] development photo project that are just of buildings or urban landscapes but not necessarily what I would consider something I’d have in my regular portfolio or to share here/elsewhere.

At the moment I am thinking that I would need to start another Flickr account to keep the two separate which is not ideal. Or maybe they don’t need to exist on Flickr if they are already on my website?

Quick Flickr question if I may - is there a way to hide a snap from your public photostream but still have it appear in your albums?

I’m snapping lots of pics for my [urban] development photo project that are just of buildings or urban landscapes but not necessarily what I would consider something I’d have in my regular portfolio or to share here/elsewhere.

At the moment I am thinking that I would need to start another Flickr account to keep the two separate which is not ideal. Or maybe they don’t need to exist on Flickr if they are already on my website?
Change it to private? settings at the bottom right of the screen under exif info on the photos page.

Change it to private? settings at the bottom right of the screen under exif info on the photos page.

You can change it to Private (Only You) at the point of import, you can still link to it and display it on this forum, it just won't be visible in your 'public' photostream

You got one goodie, though, I like this very much.

Thanks, it was a long and awkward trek to avoid the crowds. Small parking areas for one or two cars had about six or seven cars double parked.
I know everyone has the right to visit but you won't see them again once they can safely get on a plane. The majority have no respect and don't give a toss how they leave the places either.

I can't wait for people to get back to their normal things and bog off away from my normal things:ROFLMAO:

My sentiments entirely

My wife says that I'm a miserable old git. Glad I'm not the only one :p

It's good for people to get out and it's great to see kids enjoying being in the countryside. Unfortunately 99% of those kids and their parents are just trashing the place and climbing over stuff. The other week my wife and I picked a pile of rubbish up from a Welsh 'beauty spot', it filled a carrier bag. There was even a burnt out tent and a huge fire circle, which unfortunately I wasn't touching so stayed where it was. I drove past a carpark yesterday and it usually has no more than 8-10 cars in the busiest summer period (normally 2-3), it was full. Easily 50 cars and they were queueing on the road to get on it. I was working in Buxton a few days ago so took my V out to take a quick shot of 3 shires head. This is a remote tiny waterfall with no parking. There was a dozen teenagers in the water and another dozen in tents right by the water and other having a picnic, no photos so came home.

I don't get it, the majority don't enjoy looking at trees, rivers, birds and butterflies so why endure it and make everyone else suffer their rubbish and noise.

This will go on for months, could even be years until (if) we get this virus under control.

Well that's a good start to the day, had a right old moan and feeling miserable before I've even gone to work:D

You can change it to Private (Only You) at the point of import, you can still link to it and display it on this forum, it just won't be visible in your 'public' photostream

Thanks for the suggestions - I just tested it. Setting it as private won't show in my photostream which is great - but it also then disappears from the album as well which is not great. I am happy for the photos that I share here to be in the photostream just would rather not have the ones for my project in it as they will clutter it up.

You're certainly not the only one - where I live, we call it 'Meldrew Corner'.

What really gets me is the total lack of appreciation and respect for others. I never dropped litter, my children never dropped litter and my children have brought up their children to be the same. The sub-humans who trash the place couldn't give a monkey's about anyone else and what's worse is that they seem to be in the majority. I'm forever picking up litter and other people's dog poo (I have a dog and always have poo bags) but it's a losing battle.

Perhaps this isn't the place for this kind of rant so I'll stop now

Thanks for the suggestions - I just tested it. Setting it as private won't show in my photostream which is great - but it also then disappears from the album as well which is not great. I am happy for the photos that I share here to be in the photostream just would rather not have the ones for my project in it as they will clutter it up.
never knew that

I have several albums of private stuff, that don't show in public but do show when I look at my album list

I have several albums of private stuff, that don't show in public but do show when I look at my album list

Thanks @Mr Perceptive but I want them to appear in the albums for public viewing and be searchable by tag/title etc just not appearing in (clogging up) the photostream.

I don't think it is possible - everything you upload that is set as public appears in the photostream regardless of whether it is put in an album or not - you don't appear to be able to upload public photos straight into an album and bypassing the photostream.

ETA: these are some of my albums - I want ALL of them, and their contents, publically visible, but the contents of ones titled '[Urban] Development....' I do not want to be visible in my public photostream.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

It's good for people to get out and it's great to see kids enjoying being in the countryside. Unfortunately 99% of those kids and their parents are just trashing the place and climbing over stuff. The other week my wife and I picked a pile of rubbish up from a Welsh 'beauty spot', it filled a carrier bag. There was even a burnt out tent and a huge fire circle, which unfortunately I wasn't touching so stayed where it was. I drove past a carpark yesterday and it usually has no more than 8-10 cars in the busiest summer period (normally 2-3), it was full. Easily 50 cars and they were queueing on the road to get on it. I was working in Buxton a few days ago so took my V out to take a quick shot of 3 shires head. This is a remote tiny waterfall with no parking. There was a dozen teenagers in the water and another dozen in tents right by the water and other having a picnic, no photos so came home.

I don't get it, the majority don't enjoy looking at trees, rivers, birds and butterflies so why endure it and make everyone else suffer their rubbish and noise.

This will go on for months, could even be years until (if) we get this virus under control.

Well that's a good start to the day, had a right old moan and feeling miserable before I've even gone to work:D

I went for a walk along the Stour in North Dorset yesterday, only 5 miles from me. I was actually looking for somewhere suitable to do a spot of fishing later this week or next. Two parents were making a rope swing across the river (it's not wide) and they had about 6 or 7 kids with them. The noise..... We went home, had some lunch, and then I went and checked out the River Frome instead

First time I've really used the IBIS in anger on the X-H1, 0.5second in Windy conditions, pretty happy with the result.

Cranes Across The Mersey
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Nice

I haven't actually put ibis to task much in a while, when I shot m43 I was always trying to push it, see what I could manage. Must give slower exposures a go, with both the 35 and 85 and see how far I can take it. Also, see if I've gotten any shakier

The inn in the village has been under so much pressure recently - privately owned and hence suffering from a catastrophic loss of income. We were so pleased to see it busy again this afternoon - the food was its usual fine self and the beer which is brewed just down the road a bit, was superb. As always, the staff were very attentive. Hopefully, the corner has now been turned and life can get back to some semblance of normality.

Wheatsheaf_1500px.jpg

Sitting outside in the sunshine with a pint of fine locally crafted ale, good company, and fine food - it's what life is all about (or should be).

X-T20 & CV 25/4

The inn in the village has been under so much pressure recently - privately owned and hence suffering from a catastrophic loss of income. We were so pleased to see it busy again this afternoon - the food was its usual fine self and the beer which is brewed just down the road a bit, was superb. As always, the staff were very attentive. Hopefully, the corner has now been turned and life can get back to some semblance of normality.

View attachment 288771

Sitting outside in the sunshine with a pint of fine locally crafted ale, good company, and fine food - it's what life is all about (or should be).

X-T20 & CV 25/4
Living the dream........

I just fancy an ice cold beer. It'll have to wait a few hours until I get home.
See the menus are out too :cool:

You`re gonna have to change your moniker to "FS Dave" ;)

In a few days time some Fuji X cameras and lenses will be going in Classified, NOT the X100V and X-T4.

What will be going, and in Mint condition too... X-H1 X-T3 X-T30.. XF80mm/ XF55-200mm/ XF56mm f1.2/ XF16mm ( not the f1.4)/ XF35mmm f2/ XF14mm/ XF23mm f1.4/...

Back