The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Weekend away on the Llyn Peninsula, X100F (as usual) didn't disappoint - plenty more to process!!

Boat - Porthdinllaen
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Bouy - Porthdinllaen

Raging Bull - Morfa Nefyn

Fishermans Huts - Porth Ysgaden

Not For Road Use - Abersoch

Seaweed - Porth'Or

Really like the first one David. Great colour combination.(y)

Found an old think-tank shoulder bag last week, hidden away in the back of my wardrobe*. It's brushed up like new again and is now my battery pack, charger, cleaning cloth and general storage bag.

I do however have a cupboard for my camera gear and I apparently have the garage, workshop and shed. Garage has car in it, workshop has tools in it and the shed has bikes and gardening crap in it.

Do I sound bitter

What, like this one? :giggle: :giggle:

We moved from a 3 bed house with a large loft & a double garage, to a 2 bed bungalow and single garage (with hardly any loft space) so I'm fortunate to have a "man cupboard"!!

Attachments

• IMG_6183.jpg
    IMG_6183.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 50

We moved from a 3 bed house with a large loft & a double garage, to a 2 bed bungalow and single garage (with hardly any loft space) so I'm fortunate to have a "man cupboard"!!
I'm not alone:ROFLMAO:

I also live in a 2 bed retirement home for the elderly bungalow with a single garage. I feel your loss and pain;)

Weekend away on the Llyn Peninsula, X100F (as usual) didn't disappoint - plenty more to process!!

Boat - Porthdinllaen

Bouy - Porthdinllaen

Raging Bull - Morfa Nefyn

Fishermans Huts - Porth Ysgaden

Not For Road Use - Abersoch

Seaweed - Porth'Or

Wonderful set, liking the 1st and "Raging Bull" in particular, looking forward to my week in Harlech next week even more.
Thanks!

I dream of one day being allowed a man cupboard :ROFLMAO:!!!

Wonderful set, liking the 1st and "Raging Bull" in particular, looking forward to my week in Harlech next week even more.
Thanks!

Good base for some great locations:-

Portmeirion
Cwmorthin/Rhosydd
Plas Brondanw - Little Gardens but great cafe food/cake
Cwm Bychan - Nantcol Waterfalls
Brilliant Seaside Sunsets
Can also recommend the Precipice Walk at Dolgellau - Amazing views and a walk at high up in the hills that requires very lintel climbing! followed by the obligatory visit to TH Roberts Cafe

Have a great week

X-h1 arrived and it's excellent. This and my V are my 'best' kit, t4 and f are now my knocking about locally kit.

Nice heft and build quality and a proper tilting screen not a flippy floppy one. Grip is good and came with 3 batteries which is a bonus. The new grips don't come with batteries which cost me an extra £120 for the grip on the t4!

Just need a nice lens now. Can't decide on the 10-24, 16-55, 18-55 or another 16-80. Even thought about the 16mm prime for the t4 and have the 16-80 for the h1.

Decisions decisions......................

X-h1 arrived and it's excellent. This and my V are my 'best' kit, t4 and f are now my knocking about locally kit.

Nice heft and build quality and a proper tilting screen not a flippy floppy one. Grip is good and came with 3 batteries which is a bonus. The new grips don't come with batteries which cost me an extra £120 for the grip on the t4!

Just need a nice lens now. Can't decide on the 10-24, 16-55, 18-55 or another 16-80. Even thought about the 16mm prime for the t4 and have the 16-80 for the h1.

The X-H1 is a superb piece of kit, and I much prefer it to my X-T3 as it feels much nicer, and dare I say a higher quality build.

You will love the H1 as to me it was and is better than the T4 imo one hell of a camera the H1.

"RESULT" David, congrat's & "ENJOY".

George.

The X-H1 is a superb piece of kit, and I much prefer it to my X-T3 as it feels much nicer, and dare I say a higher quality build.

You will love the H1 as to me it was and is better than the T4 imo one hell of a camera the H1.

:plus1: to all of that.

George.

Not keeping up much with the seeming increasing rate at which new bodies are released by manufacturers, I must admit I'd never even heard of the X-H1.

Looking at the comparison on dpreview here, it seems that the X-T4 is better in almost every respect - is the body size/shape nicer in the hand, which is why some who've used both prefer it? I like the look of the screen on the top, I must say.

If you can't be bothered to click, the conclusion:

"There's a sense in some quarters that the X-H1 was prematurely abandoned by Fujifilm when, as the last model of its generation, it didn't get all the features introduced with the X-T3. But comparing its v2.00 IS behavior and performance to its original state, you could almost argue it got a taste of X-T4 tech, over a year early.

Overall, the X-T4 pushes things forwards in almost every respect, even if it's not necessarily meant as a like-for-like replacement. And it does so with a list price $200 lower than the X-H1 at launch.

If you can find an X-H1, it's still a fine camera, especially if it's at an appropriately good price. But the X-T4 is more capable in almost every respect and to a degree that will be an appreciable improvement across a wide range of photographic and videographic situations."

Not keeping up much with the seeming increasing rate at which new bodies are released by manufacturers, I must admit I'd never even heard of the X-H1.

Looking at the comparison on dpreview here, it seems that the X-T4 is better in almost every respect - is the body size/shape nicer in the hand, which is why some who've used both prefer it? I like the look of the screen on the top, I must say.

"There's a sense in some quarters that the X-H1 was prematurely abandoned by Fujifilm when, as the last model of its generation, it didn't get all the features introduced with the X-T3. But comparing its v2.00 IS behavior and performance to its original state, you could almost argue it got a taste of X-T4 tech, over a year early.

Overall, the X-T4 pushes things forwards in almost every respect, even if it's not necessarily meant as a like-for-like replacement. And it does so with a list price $200 lower than the X-H1 at launch.

If you can find an X-H1, it's still a fine camera, especially if it's at an appropriately good price. But the X-T4 is more capable in almost every respect and to a degree that will be an appreciable improvement across a wide range of photographic and videographic situations."

The H1 is a very nice camera, I think the size difference is a positive and a negative over the T models depending on the photographer and lens choice, in terms of features what I do find is the T3 is much more capable in terms of AF, also has faster FPS and I like the lower base ISO and superior video features. I would personally take AF over IBIS as I shoot a lot of moving stuff but others prefer the bigger body and IBIS.

Last edited:
Question: Why is there a power cable in the box when there isn't any way to connect it to the charger?

I have to feel comfortable with the camera, I did instantly with my v and this xh1. I've never settled with the xt4. On paper it may be superior but in feel and build it isn't.
I personally couldn't care less about video, that's one thing that spoils the t4 for me. It's too heavily geared around video especially the blood boiling screen.

For stills you'd be very hard pressed to spot the difference in quality and fast focusing doesn't bother me, neither does eye/face detection. My camera is manual focus on a tripod for 90% of my shots. If I want to run around after kids or pets I've got the V that does that as well as the t4.

For me the t4 was a backwards (not even a sidestep) rather a forwards progression. I'm still 50-50 on selling the t4 body, I know it won't be kept for any length of time because I don't enjoy using it. That's the biggest issue I have with the t4.

I have to feel comfortable with the camera, I did instantly with my v and this xh1. I've never settled with the xt4. On paper it may be superior but in feel and build it isn't.
I personally couldn't care less about video, that's one thing that spoils the t4 for me. It's too heavily geared around video especially the blood boiling screen.

For stills you'd be very hard pressed to spot the difference in quality and fast focusing doesn't bother me, neither does eye/face detection. My camera is manual focus on a tripod for 90% of my shots. If I want to run around after kids or pets I've got the V that does that as well as the t4.

For me the t4 was a backwards (not even a sidestep) rather a forwards progression. I'm still 50-50 on selling the t4 body, I know it won't be kept for any length of time because I don't enjoy using it. That's the biggest issue I have with the t4.

+1 to everything you have noted regarding the X-H1. I much prefer it to my X-T3 and, having bought and then returned an X-T4, I still contend that the X-H1 is the finest APSC camera that FujiFilm has ever made.

I thought that the X-T4 would blow me away but in truth I did not like the screen and the build quality, heft and sheer feel good factor was way below that of the X-H1 and even the X-T3. And it displayed overheating warnings so it was a quick case of mag to grid.

I know it ain't cheap, but it felt cheap. I think FujiFilm have engaged reverse gear on their build quality which suprised me as my X100V is (probably) the best built and most feel good camera I have ever owned.

Its a shame as I really had high hopes for the X-T4 but sadly, it wasn't for me.

I have to feel comfortable with the camera,

.....[snip].....

I know it won't be kept for any length of time because I don't enjoy using it. That's the biggest issue I have with the t4.

It dawned on me a while back that actually enjoying using the camera is pretty high on the list. It's why I bought into Fuji and why I put up with the 'quirks' (or features! :p ) I'm sure I could get 'better' IQ, (as far as pixel peeping goes), from a FF Sony or Nikon but I'm convinced that the Fuji gets me nicer photos as I can carry it further, higher and for longer than a bag of full frame stuff. Plus, I actually want to take the camera out with me. If I can point it at something, press the shutter and get a picture then it does the job. That's all I ask. Oh, and that it doesn't melt if I use it in the rain or snow. :)

+1 to everything you have noted regarding the X-H1. I much prefer it to my X-T3 and, having bought and then returned an X-T4, I still contend that the X-H1 is the finest APSC camera that FujiFilm has ever made.

I thought that the X-T4 would blow me away but in truth I did not like the screen and the build quality, heft and sheer feel good factor was way below that of the X-H1 and even the X-T3. And it displayed overheating warnings so it was a quick case of mag to grid.

I know it ain't cheap, but it felt cheap. I think FujiFilm have engaged reverse gear on their build quality which suprised me as my X100V is (probably) the best built and most feel good camera I have ever owned.

Its a shame as I really had high hopes for the X-T4 but sadly, it wasn't for me.
It dawned on me a while back that actually enjoying using the camera is pretty high on the list. It's why I bought into Fuji and why I put up with the 'quirks' (or features! :p ) I'm sure I could get 'better' IQ, (as far as pixel peeping goes), from a FF Sony or Nikon but I'm convinced that the Fuji gets me nicer photos as I can carry it further, higher and for longer than a bag of full frame stuff. Plus, I actually want to take the camera out with me. If I can point it at something, press the shutter and get a picture then it does the job. That's all I ask. Oh, and that it doesn't melt if I use it in the rain or snow. :)

Glad I'm not the only one. The experience is what Fuji is all about.

After watching and reading glowing reviews (on the whole) from various sources, I felt that I was expecting too much from the t4. Glad I've gone backwards and finally got an xh1.

There's another new xh1 on wex if anyone is really looking(there was an hour ago anyway). There were a handful this morning with and without grips. Mine was an OB(open box) and it's brand new. Just jiggling my bags about now :D

Amen to that brother..... I haven't enjoyed using a camera as much since I bought my Canon EOS620 film body (first of the EOS era) back in the late 80's.

Has anyone with a X100F charged the battery via the mains? The instructions recommend connecting it to the computer (NOT via a USB hub) but doesn't say anything about charging via a socket.

Has anyone with a X100F charged the battery via the mains? The instructions recommend connecting it to the computer (NOT via a USB hub) but doesn't say anything about charging via a socket.

Marc, I always use the separate charger for the battery, did you not get one with the camera, AFAIK 'F's were shipped with a separate charger. Never charged it in camera, but I use the USB lead for retrieving images back to computer..

Marc, I always use the separate charger for the battery, did you not get one with the camera, AFAIK 'F's were shipped with a separate charger. Never charged it in camera, but I use the USB lead for retrieving images back to computer..

Yes, the charger came with it and I've charged the battery. I was just curious as to whether it could be connected to a mains socket (like a smart phone) as that would be one item less to pack when I go away.

When you use the USB to upload images to your computer, do you use a hub or plug directly in? I have 4 USB ports on my iMac and they're all in use.

Yes, the charger came with it and I've charged the battery. I was just curious as to whether it could be connected to a mains socket (like a smart phone) as that would be one item less to pack when I go away.

When you use the USB to upload images to your computer, do you use a hub or plug directly in? I have 4 USB ports on my iMac and they're all in use.

I plug into a hub unit on my desktop PC, I've laso plugged in directly, it works either way. I've previously damaged a card that wasn't inserted correctly into the SD slot on my computer, so wherever possible I use a USB cable to retrieve RAW/JPG files, its slower but safer! - certainly in my hands!!!!

If you are regularly going away I'd recommend the Hahnel cube, it can charge two Fuji batteries and has a USB outlet for charging phone, etc, and can receive power either mains or from a car lighter socket. Its not cheap but its very useful.

I plug into a hub unit on my desktop PC, I've laso plugged in directly, it works either way. I've previously damaged a card that wasn't inserted correctly into the SD slot on my computer, so wherever possible I use a USB cable to retrieve RAW/JPG files, its slower but safer! - certainly in my hands!!!!

Thanks David, that's good to know. I'm guessing that the advice to plug it directly into a computer is just with regards to charging rather than transfer

If you are regularly going away I'd recommend the Hahnel cube, it can charge two Fuji batteries and has a USB outlet for charging phone, etc, and can receive power either mains or from a car lighter socket. Its not cheap but its very useful.

Don't really go away that often to make that worthwhile but I do have a USB port in my car.

Back