The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Last week I had to go in to work, luckily I had the camera with me in the boot of the car. At 5 o clock I walked out of the windlowless warehouse and was greeted by this. OOC JPEG, slightly cropped at the bottom to remove a fence post (and obviously added border!) Easiest photo I've ever taken!

Big Sky over Pen Llŷn by Alan Jones, on Flickr
Blimey nice work if you can get it !!!!

Last week I had to go in to work, luckily I had the camera with me in the boot of the car. At 5 o clock I walked out of the windlowless warehouse and was greeted by this. OOC JPEG, slightly cropped at the bottom to remove a fence post (and obviously added border!) Easiest photo I've ever taken!

Big Sky over Pen Llŷn by Alan Jones, on Flickr
Corker!

Big sky indeed and perfectly captured too

So today mid conversation with the kids I’ve managed to force my card upside down into slot one. Got it out but now getting the card error message. The card needs a wiggle to sit securely now too. I’ve spoken to Fuji who are claiming 10-15 working days for repair. It’s under warranty so all good, but does anyone know another source for repair? I have a big 5 day shoot commencing December 5th and I’m paranoid I’ll be without a body...

So today mid conversation with the kids I’ve managed to force my card upside down into slot one. Got it out but now getting the card error message. The card needs a wiggle to sit securely now too. I’ve spoken to Fuji who are claiming 10-15 working days for repair. It’s under warranty so all good, but does anyone know another source for repair? I have a big 5 day shoot commencing December 5th and I’m paranoid I’ll be without a body...

You could try Fixation. A lot of peeps seem to use them.

A bit of a happy accident this one. The background is a bit scrappy, but the framing and the light worked for me.

Which brings me on to my next question. I've resized this shot before uploading it to Flickr. I don't get why they come out so large here. Where am I going wrong Fuji Guru's?

Resized by Neville Watkins, on Flickr

Last edited:

Will warranty cover accidental damage?

A bit of a happy accident this one. The background is a bit scrappy, but the framing and the light worked for me.

Which brings me on to my next question. I've resized this shot before uploading it to Flickr. I don't get why they come out so large here. Where am I going wrong Fuji Guru's?

Neville, Its almost certainly to do with the size you are transmitting to here from Flickr, not to do with the size you uploading your pics to Flickr. When you click on the BB code from Flickr just select a smaller size, if its any help I always select 1600 for the longest edge by whatever the shortest edge may be. I think that should sort things out for you.

George.

I always use the largest "Medium" size from the BB code selector. Scrolling is a pita ;)

Thank you for your help gentlemen. I'll look out for that the next time.

Will warranty cover accidental damage?
I spoke to them and they said yes. We’ll see once it’s in their hands I expect. To be honest it was my fault so if there’s a charge so be it

T
I spoke to them and they said yes. We’ll see once it’s in their hands I expect. To be honest it was my fault so if there’s a charge so be it
Thats very good service. Their turnaround time from what others have reported is fast. Good luck.

A heads up to all you Fuji folks.

I'm going to be putting up my Samyang 12mm F2 and Viltrox 85mm F1.8 Mk1 as well as some filter stuff.

If your interested keep your eyes peeled (y)

Does anyone use the Samyang 35mm f1.2?

Seems to get good reviews and, apart from being manual focus, seems to outperform the Fuji f1.4.

Any thoughts?

Nick, my 10-24 came back on Wednesday, they only received it on Monday.... I ticked the box for express delivery, and they didn't charge me the extra £10.00, so it was £140.00 for them to pick it up, repair it, and send it back. Bloody great service....

Nick, my 10-24 came back on Wednesday, they only received it on Monday.... I ticked the box for express delivery, and they didn't charge me the extra £10.00, so it was £140.00 for them to pick it up, repair it, and send it back. Bloody great service....

Top service. Well done Fuji.

That's great you got it sorted and back that quickly! What exactly was broken on the rear mount? Had it just broken away from the body and taking the screw holes with it or worse?

That's great you got it sorted and back that quickly! What exactly was broken on the rear mount? Had it just broken away from the body and taking the screw holes with it or worse?

New rear mount, new main board, new barrel....

Well with lockdown 2.0, although still working. I`ve definately had enough nature for a while, so it`s time for some more SW ;) I`ve got a couple of things in mind, but to start it off ....

H1 80mm

Mandalorian by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Left my x-t2 sitting in the stand behind the goal of a football ground on Tuesday night (god knows how I missed it when I packed up my gear) - it had body cap on and was in a cloth bag - nothing that could be described as waterproof however.

It got rained on, there's a roof on the stand but it wasn't far enough back to stay out of all the rain which poured for pretty much 16 hours Tuesday night and Wednesday - retrieved it on Thursday when I noticed it was missing and worked out that I must have left it there.

Bit damp when I got it back - took grip off and let it dry at room temperature - it seems fine now.

Left my x-t2 sitting in the stand behind the goal of a football ground on Tuesday night (god knows how I missed it when I packed up my gear) - it had body cap on and was in a cloth bag - nothing that could be described as waterproof however.

It got rained on, there's a roof on the stand but it wasn't far enough back to stay out of all the rain which poured for pretty much 16 hours Tuesday night and Wednesday - retrieved it on Thursday when I noticed it was missing and worked out that I must have left it there.

Bit damp when I got it back - took grip off and let it dry at room temperature - it seems fine now.

Nice to know they can get a good soaking. Glad you actually got it back ;)

Helps that virtually nobody goes around the stands in football grounds these days - no fans means no litter to tidy up

Fair shout, but it could have easily gone walkies.

Back