The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I’m having a similar dilemma. I had a X100T and the WCL a few years back and loved the images, the b&ws etc. But sold it as I felt the fixed lens and screen was too restrictive.

wind forward to 2020 and I buy an e-m10.2 with a 17mm f1.8 ( and a FE + 12-32 ). But I’m still in x100 series “want” mode ( as often happens ).

Not sure whether to stick with what I have, sell the em10 and get a em1.2 or sell it all for a F and V :help:
I'm glad its not just me that has issues then!

I've jumped around the various brands which included leaving Fuji, but I soon came crawling back.

I then changed from a single zoom to four primes but found I was always reaching for the 23mm the most.
I'm confident the X100 range will satisfy my needs and be more pocket friendly too meaning I'm more likely to carry it wherever I go.

I guess time will tell as they say :p

Well that's the two Viltrox lenses sold so just the XT2 body left.

If anyone would like an immaculate XT2 body boxed withxall the usual bits and bobs with less than 8000 on the clock its in the classifieds (y)

X-H1 body & battery grip arrived this morning (with thanks from chris-marren), first outing in the rain with it today, very overcast and dull/grey, typical Scotland.

Airth Castle

Airth Castle by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-H1 - XF10-24 - iso 200 - @ f/10 - 1/20th - handheld

Last edited:
I think I may have been ambitious with my X-T2 price so I have dropped it by £20.

feel free to hit me with offers if you want though :D (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put one of those cheap hot shoe mounted thumb grips on my XE3.

What a difference! Feels much more solid, stable and comfortable. And no more accidentally pressing the Q button.

I think I may have been ambitious with my X-T2 price so I have dropped it by £20.

feel free to hit me with offers if you want though :D (y)
I'm tempted! Have a X100F that I've been using for several years. I remember at the time considering the XT2 but it was too expensive with lenses and I was looking for a small camera. It's a very good camera but the draw to the latest and greatest (XT3/XT4/XPro3..even X100V) is hard to resist.

I'm tempted! Have a X100F that I've been using for several years. I remember at the time considering the XT2 but it was too expensive with lenses and I was looking for a small camera. It's a very good camera but the draw to the latest and greatest (XT3/XT4/XPro3..even X100V) is hard to resist.
Happy to negotiate if it would help lol as I need to move the XT2 body on so I can pursue something else
I appreciate the pull to other models though

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks. It’s been a long time since I posted but I’m finally in the position to get some new kit...but I’m very torn between the XT-3 and the XT30, presumably some of you might have also been in the same boat. I’ll be getting the 35mm F2F and likely next year one of the more expensive zooms.

Is the extra cost of the XT-3 worth it? My main reason for the XT-3 is the weather sealing. I don’t shoot outside much, but an unfortunate incident when I ruined an expensive camera in the moist atmosphere at Kho Phi Phi has made me a little paranoid. However if weather sealing isn’t really an issue I might just save myself and get the cheaper XC plastic 35mm!

What would you do? Bearing in mind there seem to be some decent black Friday and return deals on just now. Any other reason to choose the XT-3 over XT? I seem to have overloaded myself with youtube reviews.

Thanks in advance for any advice

EDIT: Main use will be for portraits, and maybe a bit of Astro if I get back into it the last time I was camera obsessed.

Hi folks. It’s been a long time since I posted but I’m finally in the position to get some new kit...but I’m very torn between the XT-3 and the XT30, presumably some of you might have also been in the same boat. I’ll be getting the 35mm F2F and likely next year one of the more expensive zooms.

Is the extra cost of the XT-3 worth it? My main reason for the XT-3 is the weather sealing. I don’t shoot outside much, but an unfortunate incident when I ruined an expensive camera in the moist atmosphere at Kho Phi Phi has made me a little paranoid. However if weather sealing isn’t really an issue I might just save myself and get the cheaper XC plastic 35mm!

What would you do? Bearing in mind there seem to be some decent black Friday and return deals on just now. Any other reason to choose the XT-3 over XT? I seem to have overloaded myself with youtube reviews.

EDIT: Main use will be for portraits, and maybe a bit of Astro if I get back into it the last time I was camera obsessed.

For me the better EVF on the X-T3 and the better ergonomics (to me) make the X-T3 worth going for. Some great deals to be had second hand - I recently got a mint X-T3 with under 500 shots on it for £620 from LCE.

If you're intended astro use includes leaving the camera out for extended periods in potentially frosty/dewy conditions I would suggest weather sealing would be a good thing to have.

Thanks for the responses. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. It would be a shame to invest in a new system only to have it ruined by moisture again. Looks like the XT3 isn’t a massive camera by any means, certainly more portable than my old 5dIII.

I can get a refurb XT3 or new for £799. LCE don’t have an XT3 in right now. Given that I only *need* to have the camera by end Jan latest (new family addition) - my next question is should I buy now or straight after Xmas? Judging by the trends I should maybe have bought during lockdown 1, but as per usual I missed the boat.

Last edited:
Unless you're opposed to greys, E infinity have the X-T3 new for £779.

Both black and silver are out of stock at the moment, but when I've been looking it's worth checking every few days.

Dale photographic have it at the same price, but again out of stock. At least the deals are out there.

Nice shot Peter. Wish my pup would stay still long enough to get a shot!

how are getting along with the xh1? I love mine, build is better than the xt4 and ergonomics are lovely.

I’ve taken my grip off but do miss the extra portrait grip. I’ve switched back to l brackets on the xt4 too but that really needs the extra grip thickness of the grip.

Here's one I made yesterday at The Cobb in Lyme Regis. A much photographed scene, but I was over that way and the weather was nice so ...

X-Pro2; XF16-55 @ 16mm; f11; ISO200; 2' (Lee Little Stopper used) and this is the Velvia simulation

I bought an XT-30 last new year, as a returner to photography and one new to digital photography.
Within a month I'd saved up the extra and returned to exchange it for an XT-3.
I loved the XT-30, but I realised the XT-3 would be even better, and that proved to be the case.
It (XT-3) fitted my hand better and I wasn't always randomly pressing the thumb button. It just felt really good with everything under my fingers.
The rear screen (XT-3) would tilt for portrait as well as landscape oriented shots - something I found I needed more often than I anticipated.
The body balanced bigger lenses better - 55-200 that I now use most of the time is fine on the XT-3, but would have been ungainly and awkward on the XT-30.
You have even more fun with the XT-3 and its gets in the way less than the XT-30
I do wonder, however, for what I do, if an XT-2 wouldn't have done the job as well.
Hope this helps. I don't usually pronounce on gear here, as I have very little knowledge or experience, but in this case I have direct experience.:)

Last edited:
Nice shot Peter. Wish my pup would stay still long enough to get a shot!

how are getting along with the xh1? I love mine, build is better than the xt4 and ergonomics are lovely.

I’ve taken my grip off but do miss the extra portrait grip. I’ve switched back to l brackets on the xt4 too but that really needs the extra grip thickness of the grip.
Hi David, yes, loving the H1 and dedicated grip, it makes it nice and chunky, nearly like a DSLR size/style which I like. I owned one a few years back.
I keep on taking photos by mistake due to the sensitivity of the soft/quiet shutter button, I still need to get used to it in time.

So far so good....!

Cheers;
Peter

Can't help you on the X-T3 front but there's a gorgeous used X-T2 in the classifieds and I'm willing to do a wee black Friday deal on it too which would save cash for nice glass .........wink wink

Hi David, yes, loving the H1 and dedicated grip, it makes it nice and chunky, nearly like a DSLR size/style which I like. I owned one a few years back.
I keep on taking photos by mistake due to the sensitivity of the soft/quiet shutter button, I still need to get used to it in time.

So far so good....!

Cheers;
Peter

good to hear you like it, it is a nice and comfy size. So far for me it’s then nearest Fuji have come to my dslr bombproof build.

I know what you mean about the shutter button. When I get back home and check the card, there’s always a few misfires, mostly of blurry feet or leaves from when I’m carrying it on the cuff strap:giggle:

Honestly, that's just a giveaway,... an insane bargain!
I agree and I'm I'm happy to do it.
It still gives me enough to put towards an X100F for myself and if the buyer of the XT2 (in this case Chrism_Scotland) gets a great bargain camera then its a win win.

Black Friday alert!!!!!!!

I have dropped the price of my XT2 in the classifieds to £350 which includes RMSD

I spotted that...only after I’ve ordered a new XT3! Whoops.

Thanks for everyone’s advice, appreciate it. Just one final question before I can hopefully start posting images...I’m going to order just the el cheapo 35mm non WR lens initially. The logic is that this plastic prime will be indoors only use and I plan to buy one of the Uber zooms in Feb, most likely the XF 16-55 F2.8 R LM WR for walkabout outside.

Can anyone spot a flaw in my logic here? Checked a load of reviews and apart from the lower build quality and feel of the plastic WR 35 it seems to be the same optics. I’d have preferred the nicer quality 35mm WR in metal but the classifieds don’t have any. Don’t think I’ll be losing out on much?

I spotted that...only after I’ve ordered a new XT3! Whoops.

Thanks for everyone’s advice, appreciate it. Just one final question before I can hopefully start posting images...I’m going to order just the el cheapo 35mm non WR lens initially. The logic is that this plastic prime will be indoors only use and I plan to buy one of the Uber zooms in Feb, most likely the XF 16-55 F2.8 R LM WR for walkabout outside.

Can anyone spot a flaw in my logic here? Checked a load of reviews and apart from the lower build quality and feel of the plastic WR 35 it seems to be the same optics. I’d have preferred the nicer quality 35mm WR in metal but the classifieds don’t have any. Don’t think I’ll be losing out on much?

You've made a great choice and with the latest firmware you will have AF that is virtually on par with the XT4.

Enjoy the kit when it arrives (y)

Black Friday alert!!!!!!!

I have dropped the price of my XT2 in the classifieds to £350 which includes RMSD
Awesome price! Teach me for umm-ing and ahh-ing so long that it was snapped up. Oh well no rush really, I can wait.

Debating between X-T2 (cheapest, still great camera), X-T3 (most expensive on my list but latest hardware/software) or X-H1 (price in between, great ergonomics, IBIS, but bigger and X-T2 tech inside).

Think I’d have to get a grip for XT2/3, remember holding a XT2 back when it came out and found it awkward without one. But random ones of amazon are cheap.

I’d buy used on all of them. Plan to get lenses like: 55-200, 16-80mm, 35mm f1.4, maybe a viltrox 85...

Back