The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I had fun with multiple exposures on my X100V this morning. Me and 3 photography friends headed up to Nine Elms in London for a day of photography indulgence. I just had the X100V with me. Seeking inspiration I thought I’d try the multiple exposure mode, and really enjoyed it. I initially started in “dark” mode but ended up using “average” mode which seemed to give a good balance.

These are just some buildings in the Embassy Quarter. Lots of good stuff there to shoot if you are at a loose end.

33494276-3DC3-42C1-ADE4-D1DCF7EDD826.jpeg

1F6BD944-25CE-4BE7-867D-D3C098BBDF84.jpeg

Attachments

• 23812BC8-57AF-4FDF-B1EC-8941947353A7.jpeg
    23812BC8-57AF-4FDF-B1EC-8941947353A7.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2
Leroy4bz said:
I have a question regarding using shutter priority on my H-X1. when I set my camera up for birds in flight, on a nicely bright day. I set iso to auto, aperture set to auto, and anything 2000 and above for shutter speed. I check the histogram and it’s showing well exposed bell Curve in the center not clipping either side. Meter is in the middle. All looks good in the view finder but when I take the shot, it comes out really dark under exposed. Can anyone explain Why this is happening? am I missing somthing obvious?
If you're shooting BIF, surely you need to add some Exposure Compensation? You're pointing the lens at the sky.....

^^ This - you are exposing for the sky so you need to open it up by 1 or 2 stops (depending on the brightness of the sky) to get the birds properly exposed. If you are shooting in RAW you have a better chance of recovering the highlights in the over-exposed sky.

If you're shooting BIF, surely you need to add some Exposure Compensation? You're pointing the lens at the sky.....
I know this, but I am not shooting into the sky. I am shooting small garden birds. flying cross the garden. I found the problem now, it was the ISO limiter

Argh. I thought the whole point of sending Fuji a copy of the purchase receipt when you register a lens, was so that they did not have to ask you for it again when you send the lens back for warranty work!!!

"Track To The Sea"

Just a simple landscape style Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of part of the desolate landscape and some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

Track To The Sea-03564 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

A Cabbage White butterfly, feeding on a Verbena Bonariensis flower, today.

X-Pro2; XF16-55 lenas @55; ISO200; f2.8; 1/2400

GFX makes more sense to me than full frame, but then what drew me to the Fuji system was the compact size...

Anyone got the urge to move towards a GFX medium format system at any point in the future ?

mac
It has crossed my mind several times tbh but I’m managing to resist temptation at the moment

Anyone got the urge to move towards a GFX medium format system at any point in the future ?

mac

As you know I purchased a GFX earlier this year, the longer I have it the more tempted I am to go all in (and part ways with X series ILC stuff)

GFX makes more sense to me than full frame, but then what drew me to the Fuji system was the compact size...

Yes weight is an issue but GFX+GF45mm doesn't weigh that much more or isn't that much more bulky than X-H1+XF16-55, and new GFX50S II +GF35-70 will be even closer!

Nah, thats a stool for when you get tired wandering the streets........................ :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though its an incredible lens, but at a price!
Agreed. I was walking around at TPS with the xf27 and thought why not. Weird shooting experience, but I've used it on the T4 which obviously is a lot easier.

Last edited:
Superb set of photographic images - lovely content along with framing.
Excellent body of work.

mac
Thankyou :D

Smashing. They’ve definitely got your signature Tom. Terrific processing.
Thanks, Trev. They're all using the same preset which I made I think, with a few adjustments for each pic, especially bringing out the purple.
I love your street stuff, and the fact you use the XC35 makes it even sweeter. I own the lens myself, you inspire me to want to use it more ;) Good stuff.
It's a good lens, it works well for most street stuff really, even in low light.

I'd like a 35mm f1.4 for low light / night street type shots.

Has anyone tried a TT Artisans 35mm f1.4?

Can it really be any good for about £65 new.
I haven’t tried the 35mm f1:1.4 TT Artisans but recently purchased the Artisan 35mm f1.2 for my XT4 and I’m really pleased with what I get image wise from it

Back