The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :headbang:

OK, got that out of my system now!!! :p

Why is it so hard to find the menu option to shoot without a lens? Not too bad on the X-T1 but after finding it on the T2 and H1, I spent a few minutes looking for it in the same place...

All sorted now and looking forward to a proper play with the Meike 6.5mm Fisheye that gives a 190° FoV (apparently) and a complete circular image on the Fujis.

Anyone shooting/using the Fuji 200mm f/2 lens here?
Would love to hear your views/thoughts on it….

Cheers;
Pete

I've had a quick play with one, and I think @Damian Brown has roadtested one, but its a very spendy piece of glass. Impressive as it is, I wouldn't be able to get past the fact that I can buy a Canon R6, RF-EF adapater and EF135mm F2 for considerably less money (that gives me a real F2, as opposed to F2.8 equivalent!)

Pretty sure George has one

@G.K.Jnr.

I do indeed have the Fuji 200mm F2 Trevor, and excellent it is too, but I very seldom use my Fuji-X gear now in favour of the medium format units in the studio and my Sony RX units for pretty much all of my street photography.

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :headbang:

OK, got that out of my system now!!! :p

Why is it so hard to find the menu option to shoot without a lens? Not too bad on the X-T1 but after finding it on the T2 and H1, I spent a few minutes looking for it in the same place...

All sorted now and looking forward to a proper play with the Meike 6.5mm Fisheye that gives a 190° FoV (apparently) and a complete circular image on the Fujis.

You can leave it set to "Shoot without Lens" for all lenses whatever make. It makes no difference to Fuji lenses.

You can leave it set to "Shoot without Lens" for all lenses whatever make. It makes no difference to Fuji lenses.

I have now.

Thankfully, the fisheye (and presumably all passive/non-electrick lenses) can be used in what appears to be aperture priority auto - I just need to remember to stop down after focussing and framing!

The river Krimml in the Austrian Alps, just below the Krimml Falls ...

X-Pro2; XF16-55 @16mm; f11; ISO200; 0.7'; Lee Little Stopper

As of this coming Tuesday I will be back, X-T3 + XF 18-55mm arrives, now need to box up my Olly lot and get rid plus the LX100II then I'm done.
Wish you’d put this up sooner. Just traded in some kit and bought a gx80 and an lx100ii to keep in my pocket when I’m out with my wife. Don’t give them away, lx100 are almost £800 new!

Wish you’d put this up sooner. Just traded in some kit and bought a gx80 and an lx100ii to keep in my pocket when I’m out with my wife. Don’t give them away, lx100 are almost £800 new!

I won't rush on selling the LX100II as can't find the box, but the olly lot can go as it's not really for me.

As of this coming Tuesday I will be back, X-T3 + XF 18-55mm arrives, now need to box up my Olly lot and get rid plus the LX100II then I'm done.
Welcome back to the Fuji fold, mate (y)

I searched this time but nothing popped out. Do fujis tend to underexpose in your experience on matrix. Whenever I do auto correct in CaptureOne which is usually a good starting point it brightens them all. I know it uses centre weighted in software which might be the reason

I searched this time but nothing popped out. Do fujis tend to underexpose in your experience on matrix. Whenever I do auto correct in CaptureOne which is usually a good starting point it brightens them all. I know it uses centre weighted in software which might be the reason

I know Capture One will always lighten up any image when you click auto correct, when I had the Fuji X system it seemed to me exposure was fine.

Capture one does seem a little overzealous when using auto correct. That said, I think it depends on the camera.

I remember when I first switched from canon to the x30, then X-T10, I found the opposite to you - almost permanently setting exposure comp to -2/3. The X-T1 and X-T3 have been pretty bang on though.

Capture one does seem a little overzealous when using auto correct. That said, I think it depends on the camera.

I remember when I first switched from canon to the x30, then X-T10, I found the opposite to you - almost permanently setting exposure comp to -2/3. The X-T1 and X-T3 have been pretty bang on though.
Yeah ive the xt30 always look fine in camera

Good to see you back Dave. (Don’t give your stuff away!).

In a fit of madness I dipped my toes into the Oly world last month when the offers were on and bought the M1 Mark iii with the 12-40 and the 40-150mm.

Lovely stuff but it just didn’t gel with me so it went back and was replaced pronto with an X-H2S.

Still learning it but wow. Plus I have to admit that the Olympus OM D forum responses were less than friendly at times and certainly not as welcoming or as informative as this one.

Last edited:

In a fit of madness I dipped my toes into the Oly world last month when the offers were on and bought the M1 Mark iii with the 12-40 and the 40-150mm.

Lovely stuff but it just didn’t gel with me so it went back and was replaced pronto with an X-H2S.

Still learning it but wow. Plus I have to admit that the 4/3rds forum responses were less than friendly at times and certainly not as welcoming or as informative as this one.

Thank you for the kind words, not sure in what order but to me the friendliest part of this forum is the 52 with Sony and Fuji as everyone can be so polite and friendly and very helpful.
With me sadly the Olly lot was a whim too hence why it is going.

Still learning it but wow. Plus I have to admit that the 4/3rds forum responses were less than friendly at times and certainly not as welcoming or as informative as this one.

I post in a couple of owners threads and sometimes look at the pictures and comments in others just out of interest. I do see the appeal in having a friendly little community of people shooting with the same kit but I don't think I'd buy or sell kit based on the friendliness or number of posts in a thread. I think what you like to use should come first and if an owners thread isn't active or for whatever reason doesn't seem very friendly why not just carry on with the kit you like, presumably chosen for its merit and image quality, and start a slightly different thread or participate in one of the other threads such as the "pictures I took today" or similar threads.

I know you have all discussed this before, but I need to buy another memory card for the XT3. I currently have the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb 170mb/s which is perfect, but I cannot find this on Amazon (need it before Wednesday). I probably want to stick to SanDisk and there is 128gb 170mb/s or 64gb 200mb/s - which is better?
I don't do video, only stills - so would appreciate your opinions
Thanks

I know you have all discussed this before, but I need to buy another memory card for the XT3. I currently have the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb 170mb/s which is perfect, but I cannot find this on Amazon (need it before Wednesday). I probably want to stick to SanDisk and there is 128gb 170mb/s or 64gb 200mb/s - which is better?
Thanks

I've used the 170 mb/s ones with no issues for years now (I don't do video either)

Thanks

I use both Sandisk 64GB and 128GB and work a treat.

Hold on there, don't lump all the m4/3 users in together. Much friendlier mob over at the Panasonic thread. ;) Can't be easy for the Olympus,OMS,OMDS or whatever lot. Driven crazy with their menu system and not even really knowing the correct name of the company who make their gear.

Last edited:
Thanks

I cant tell what the non-prime delivery is but this is next day if a Prime member

Thanks very much, yes I found this afterwards too. I’ll probably get the 64gb 170mb/s again as I like my one and why change, but now I’m curious as the 200mb/s is cheaper (only by £1). Any thoughts why, apart from it being a different seller?

Hold on there, don't lump all the m4/3 users in together. Much friendlier mob over at the Panasonic thread. ;) Can't be easy for the Olympus,OMS,OMDS or whatever lot. Driven crazy with their menu system and not even really knowing the correct name of the company who make their gear.
You are spot on Sir! I have edited my original post as I hurriedly put m4/3 down when I meant the Olympus OMD et al forum! Mea Culpa!

I think that @Fuji Dave knows where I am coming from!

(35 years of jumping out of Her Majesty's perfectly serviceable aircraft and landing mostly on my head is the only excuse I can offer!).

Thanks very much, yes I found this afterwards too. I’ll probably get the 64gb 170mb/s again as I like my one and why change, but now I’m curious as the 200mb/s is cheaper (only by £1). Any thoughts why, apart from it being a different seller?
Having received a card dispatched by Amazon and Sold by **** in the past I tend to turn sharply to the right, salute and avoid. No experience of that seller, who may be totally legit, but the one I received in the past was not a OEM SanDisk (but a quite superb copy, appearance wise).

Fair enough to Amazon and their excellent CS, refunded immediately but I must admit to being a tad wary and only buy SD Cards if they are both dispatched and sold by Amazon

This ^

I must have bought 20+ SanDisk memory cards from Amazon (sold by and dispatched) in the last 6 years. Only got one partial card failure in that time (I have 1 x 64Gb card that you can only write to 50% capacity (wasn't always like this!), pleased I use dual card slots as the backup card had all the files on it!)

Well the X-T3 and cracking kit lens have been dispatched, feel like a little kid waiting for his toy lol
Question for the members in here, I don't want to start buying so many lenses so out of the XF35mm f2 and the XF50mm f2 which one would you get. Only the one please.

Personally, I'd go for the 50mm. The 18-55mm at 35mm is perfectly servicable, and the difference in both aperture and sharpness will be greatest at the 50mm end.

Back