The Film & Conventional grand September meet!

Dates to visit Black Country Living Museum

• Sat 9th September

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sun 10th September

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sat 23rd September

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Sun 24th September

• Sat 30th September

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sun 1st October

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And a couple more. These were taken with a 1924 Box Brownie 2 on Ektar 100 and they are surprisingly good. I'll pop an extra couple into the Box Brownie thread in a mo.

I'm always amazed how those simple lenses give such good pictures.

My roll of HP5+ from the EOS 5 is developed and drying, I forsee a grain fest. Jobo reels behaved perfectly today so the hot wash and scrbbing worked. So 5 hours to watch gelatin dry.

Some lovely shots there Andy, although it's a somewhat bitter-sweet feeling when viewing them as I can't help thinking about the 36 photos I took but will never get to see. Still, I have the memory of a very enjoyable day out with some great company... and the benefit of seeing lots of photos without having to paying a penny for developing and scanning. See, there's always a silver lining if you look hard enough for it! :D

That last shot came out well, I think you should rename it 'Fire!' though. :) I'll be interested to see the other 3 versions of it. (y)

Got my negs back from AG today (only sent them on Friday afternoon, so not bad going), and here's what I got from the few I took with the 1950s Voigtlander Perkeo 6x6 folding camera on Ilford XP2:

A photo of the gardener again, pity he shoved his elbow in front of his face at the moment I pressed the shutter but I suppose it conveys a bit of movement to the shot.

Gardener by J White, on Flickr

The bus outside the bus terminus in the rain.

Bus by J White, on Flickr

And finally, one of the cars in the motor museum taken with flash (one of those 'full power or nothing' manual jobs!).

Car by J White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back