The Film & Conventional grand September meet!

Dates to visit Black Country Living Museum

• Sat 9th September

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sun 10th September

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sat 23rd September

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Sun 24th September

• Sat 30th September

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sun 1st October

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought you were after selling that T90 anyway... or have we just secured its future after uncovering your true feelings for it? :LOL:
To be honest I'm still not sure what I'm going to be selling. Every time I think I've made a decision, doubts surface and it's back to square one. I'm beginning to think about selling everything and then making a decision on which I should have kept based on what I start pining for first.

The other technique (and I'm quite serious about this) is to imagine that I'm on a trip to somewhere I've always wanted to go or an event I've wanted to attend for years and I reach into my camera bag and pull out my < camera >. That's actually paying dividends as there's been a couple of trips where the first camera out of the bag has been the same one so one down ... ;)

To be honest I'm still not sure what I'm going to be selling. Every time I think I've made a decision, doubts surface and it's back to square one. I'm beginning to think about selling everything and then making a decision on which I should have kept based on what I start pining for first.

The other technique (and I'm quite serious about this) is to imagine that I'm on a trip to somewhere I've always wanted to go or an event I've wanted to attend for years and I reach into my camera bag and pull out my < camera >. That's actually paying dividends as there's been a couple of trips where the first camera out of the bag has been the same one so one down ... ;)

Well if like me, I use my T90 with matching flashgun for special occasions when I know it's the best combo for getting exposures right in all situations..but a bit of an over kill if just cycling\walking taken snaps of subjects (like I usually do), so use other cameras.

Well if like me, I use my T90 with matching flashgun for special occasions when I know it's the best combo for getting exposures right in all situations..but a bit of an over kill if just cycling\walking taken snaps of subjects (like I usually do), so use other cameras.

Or miniature sun as I like to call it. ;)

Maybe I ought to bring the Sunpak for the EOS-3 and we could go out in a blaze of 5 flashes per second glory! Actually, perhaps we'd better not, Brian, they might think it's North Korea at it again! :eek:

Last edited:
I can't wait to be blinded by Brian's legendary flashgun at the meet. Sounds like a rite of passage :p

Well most filmies and the other lot o_O use a digi for inside shots (esp low light when you can bump up the ISO), then I come along with 30 year old flashguns blasting away every ten secs to make sure everyone in the shot looks OK. :eek:
Mind you I have a NeX 3 now so will use that for inside low light shots, but how will I show them being digi.

10am is probably a bit early for me, I'll likely be there around 11am. But I'm happy to meet everyone else a bit later!

I can't believe that it's just over a week until the Grand September Meet, how time flies! I've just ordered a couple of rolls of 35mm Portra 800 (at great expense!), thus ensuring a wonderfully bright and sunny day for everyone! :D

Not sure what cameras I'm taking yet, but I'm thinking if it's dull the EOS-3 (so @Andysnap can put the rumour around again that I've brought a digital SLR to a film meet in an attempt to get me lynched!), if bright and sunny the Canon A1 (which has the advantage of not looking like a digital SLR!), plus one of the medium formats (choice to be dictated by how heavy and bulky the 35mm SLR I'm taking is). So what are the rest of you planning on taking?

The cafe is open from 9am but the museum itself doesn't open until 10am. Shall we say meet at around 10am in the caff? What do you think, is that too early / late??

Just an idea, how about the 'early birds' meeting around 10am in the café for a bacon bap and a mug of tea (or veggie/vegan alternative), and then start the photography once we've scoffed? This would perhaps give the later arrivals chance to meet us there around 10.30 to 10.45? Mind you, I don't think we'll be too hard to find wandering round the place with a load old film cameras!

I'll be there (y)

Glad you can make it Nick. Are you getting the train up? Do you need picking up somewhere?

Just an idea, how about the 'early birds' meeting around 10am in the café for a bacon bap and a mug of tea (or veggie/vegan alternative), and then start the photography once we've scoffed? This would perhaps give the later arrivals chance to meet us there around 10.30 to 10.45? Mind you, I don't think we'll be too hard to find wandering round the place with a load old film cameras!

I think that's a good idea. Got to have a cuppa and a bacon butty!! :D Do you want to car share?

10am is probably a bit early for me, I'll likely be there around 11am. But I'm happy to meet everyone else a bit later!

Perhaps have a late birds meet at around 11-11.30 maybe?

Sounds good to me. We can swap phone numbers beforehand so you can call / text when you arrive.

I'm getting the train to Tipton so I can meet you at the cafe.

I think that's a good idea. Got to have a cuppa and a bacon butty!! :D Do you want to car share?

Car share would be good, there's plenty of room in mine if you and Andy fancy a lift? I'd be happy to collect Nick from Tipton too, if that would help and the train times make it a sensible option? :)

Car share would be good, there's plenty of room in mine if you and Andy fancy a lift? I'd be happy to collect Nick from Tipton too, if that would help and the train times make it a sensible option? :)
Thanks that would be great, as long as the trains run on time I should get to Tipton at 0925

I have to keep reminding myself that the meet is Saturday 30th and not tomorrow!

Thanks that would be great, as long as the trains run on time I should get to Tipton at 0925
I'll swap some PMs and mobile phone numbers with yourself and the Snaps early next week to sort some meeting/collection times out. (y)

I'll swap some PMs and mobile phone numbers with yourself and the Snaps early next week to sort some meeting/collection times out. (y)
Thanks

Wow, looks like we dodged a planet there. :D

Update! I've messaged @srichards , @dmb , @ChrisR , @mothdust , @Strappy , @Woodsy and @nikki_s with mine & Andy's phone numbers.

If anyone else thinks they might want to come, let me know and I can send you our numbers.

We're making arrangements with @Mr Badger to give us a lift and pick @RaglanSurf up on the way.

The weather forecast is currently looking quite good for Saturday! Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Back