The Film & Conventional grand September meet!

Dates to visit Black Country Living Museum

• Sat 9th September

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sun 10th September

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sat 23rd September

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Sun 24th September

• Sat 30th September

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sun 1st October

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Janet
Edit My Images
Yes
It's about time we had another day meet after the success of Oxford in April. In the vote for locations for that meet, the Black Country Living Museum scored the same number of votes as Oxford so it seems like a place that people would like to visit.

https://www.bclm.co.uk/

So, who fancies a trip to the Black Country? I'm thinking September because it gives people time to try and book cheapish train tickets etc.

If anybody has any other suggestions, feel free to chip in with them.

Poll will be open for a week.

Update - Hopefully attending.....

@Andysnap & @Mrs Snap
@RaglanSurf
@srichards
@dmb
@ChrisR
@mothdust +1,
@Mr Badger,
@Strappy
@Woodsy + @nikki_s

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea, should be lots of photo opportunities! I see they do a group booking for 15+, although it might not be easy getting that many commitments, and they don't say what sort of discount you get.

Just be aware that the M5 in that area is turning from a problem into a disaster area from about now for 18 months, down to 1 lane in each direction!

Sounds like a good idea, should be lots of photo opportunities! I see they do a group booking for 15+, although it might not be easy getting that many commitments, and they don't say what sort of discount you get.

Just be aware that the M5 in that area is turning from a problem into a disaster area from about now for 18 months, down to 1 lane in each direction!

Let the train take the strain..... :)

Oh need to check my diary no need for the M5 for me! about 1/2 hours drive away

I see they do a group booking for 15+, although it might not be easy getting that many commitments, and they don't say what sort of discount you get.

There's a downloadable form for 2017 and it's £12 per adult or £10 for concessions plus the organiser goes free. I reckon I'd have to drive otherwise it's up to 3 hours by train with 3 changes (or 90 minutes in the car). If it falls on a date I can go I'd be happy to do some pickups on the way to share the transport if that helps.

Brill, I'm up for this! :) Can't do the earlier dates but the end of the month is fine for me. Only a short trip up from Bristol - if anyone is over this way, happy to offer a lift.

Should be fine for this and train tickets are quite cheap at the moment.

I'll have to have a think about this one. If we can make a weekend of it then we can probably come, but a 300 mile round trip is a bit much for one day. I'll speak to the boss and get back to you!

If it falls on a date I can go I'd be happy to do some pickups on the way to share the transport if that helps.

Kind of you to offer Steve, what time shall we expect you? :D :LOL:

I'll have to have a think about this one. If we can make a weekend of it then we can probably come, but a 300 mile round trip is a bit much for one day. I'll speak to the boss and get back to you!

Kind of you to offer Steve, what time shall we expect you? :D :LOL:

Tell you what mate, I'll meet you in the middle. What time can you be at Wolverhampton? ;)

Sounds like fun, I'd be interested in going if I'm available on whichever date is chosen. :) :snaphappy:

It's close but Sat 30th Sept is just edging it at the moment. Poll closes tomorrow morning. Any more interest?

I'm not sure if I can make this, so I'll not contaminate the dates poll and just see when those are certain they want to go choose, and go from there.

Sounds good. I didn't vote, as I have no reason to pick any of those dates that I'm aware of, but I will definitely come unless I am forcibly required elsewhere! Sounds a great day. Just right for exercising some black and white film, with all that retro vibe!

I hope to attend, all being well; I've got some Portra 800 in the fridge just in case the British summer continues!

Hopefully we'll be there work permitting.

Another one who will attend if the date ends up being free for me ( if SWMBO says I can).

Last edited:

Reasonable rates at some of the local Premier Inn's at the moment @Carl Hall. What woman could resist the offer of a weekend in Dudley?!?! ;)

Bump! Just a reminder seeing as we're now in September.

Saturday 30th September at the Black Country Living Museum in the West Midlands.

So, who is coming? I'll update the first post with a list of confirmed attendees when I get a chance.

,I should be there work permitting.

I'd have loved to be there, but unfortunately we'll be struggling to cope with the sunshine and clear seas of Crete. Think of us suffering away in foreign lands while you're enjoying yourselves. ;)

Sorry guys but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make it now. The annoying NHS are making my wife work a 12 hour shift on the 30th so I'll have the kids (and no car!) so will have to back out :(

If anything changes before then, I'll let you know. Hope everyone has a good day though.

Bump! Just a reminder seeing as we're now in September.

Saturday 30th September at the Black Country Living Museum in the West Midlands.

So, who is coming? I'll update the first post with a list of confirmed attendees when I get a chance.

SWMBO has given me a leave of absence, so count me in.

I'm very much hoping to come, but I'm aware of a number of pressures which might make it impossible.

All being well (me included!) I'll be attending. Looking forward to this, let's hope the weather is good. :)

I'd like to get along to this but I need to shuffle some things around first to be sure the day's clear, so that's no more than a 'maybe' right now.

You'd better decide which camera you are bringing early enough as well ;)

Yes; he might need to book a low loader and obtain a movement order from the Department of Transport if he's bringing the T90! ;)

Last edited:
Yes; he might need to book a low loader and obtain a movement order from the Department of Transport if he's bringing the T90! ;)

And warn any local farmers to move their livestock, stop them from scaring...

Back