Edit My Images
No
IMG_3977.JPG

IMG_3981.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

So what have you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course there's threads lol..
"What's on your wrist" wasn't something I searched for and "watches" didn't come up for the first 10pages I trundled through. Ah well.. will report the thread for some sort of merge.

Got to say I hadn't heard of CW before. I quite like the C60 Trident Pro 600. (y)

"What's on your wrist" wasn't something I searched for and "watches" didn't come up for the first 10pages I trundled through. Ah well.. will report the thread for some sort of merge.

Awww I don't think that's necessary.
Just thought it might give you a good read until this thread gets going... Which it undoubtedly will! :)

Yep - no need for that :)
Those other threads are both pretty old so no need problem with you starting a new one.

Got to say I hadn't heard of CW before. I quite like the C60 Trident Pro 600. (y)

I have one of the COSC ones in white with black surround. It's a joy! I also have one of the Gen1 tridents in a beautiful blue. All I have to say is you can't go wrong with these watches, they're gorgeous and then build quality is sublime!

Awww I don't think that's necessary.
Just thought it might give you a good read until this thread gets going... Which it undoubtedly will! :)

Well let's hope they don't merge then as I had already hit that trigger! Got an email too, who knew?!

Most of mine are either digital or quartz, with several hybrids among them. I rather like Citizen's combination of relative simplicity, ruggedness and waterproofing down to well beyond where I'm likely to go! Now prefer radio controlled and solar powered. However, when it's not at the menders', I usually wear Dad's old Rolex Oyster despite its lack of accuracy (compared to the radio controlled and other quartz watches).

I used to love watches till I retired virtually never wear one now ,if I want to know the time I look on my I.phone but rarely do that I don't like the thought of old Father Time counting my remaining hours down :popcorn::wave:

Most of mine are either digital or quartz, with several hybrids among them. I rather like Citizen's combination of relative simplicity, ruggedness and waterproofing down to well beyond where I'm likely to go! Now prefer radio controlled and solar powered. However, when it's not at the menders', I usually wear Dad's old Rolex Oyster despite its lack of accuracy (compared to the radio controlled and other quartz watches).

Quartz watches or the radio controlled units are vastly more accurate than the automatics regardless of who makes them. I buy COSC certified units purely because if you don't, you have no idea what your going to get. I've had watches lose 2-3minutes a week which is far from ideal where as losing or gaining 15-20seconds is far more manageable. One of my daily watches is a citizen and it's a great piece that I don't mind getting knocked about with the day to day tussles in life.

My wife bought me a vintage Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000. I love it as I prefer a subtle timepiece rather than the huge 20kg of titanium jobbies that seem to be all the rage.
However, the Omega needs a service so my backup is a plain Skagen - I love this too as it's subtle, light and very thin (so goes under a shirt cuff.

My wife bought me a vintage Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000. I love it as I prefer a subtle timepiece rather than the huge 20kg of titanium jobbies that seem to be all the rage.
However, the Omega needs a service so my backup is a plain Skagen - I love this too as it's subtle, light and very thin (so goes under a shirt cuff.

Skagen have some nice and very slim watches. A friend of mine has a lovely deep blue faced dress watch with a chainmail like strap. It's a very clean and unobtrusive piece.

My wife recently bought me a nice Bremont Alt1-WT with the white face and black strap. Not to in your face and very few have ever heard of the company or watch unless of course you know your watches.

I do like Bremont. Good value for what you get when you consider how much some other brands charge for similar build and spec. That's what's so nice about Christopher Ward. They have some stunning pieces that cost barely anything compared to what others offer on the same level. In a few years time I can see them bumping up significantly in price so I'm getting my fix in now.

I always fancied a Rolex Daytona so bought a gold and steel one last year it really is a nice watch but I do think they are a little over priced but they do hold there value well .
Rob.

I always fancied a Rolex Daytona so bought a gold and steel one last year it really is a nice watch but I do think they are a little over priced but they do hold there value well .
Rob.
A friend has a Daytona in all silver with a white face. His brother has the same watch with a deep blackish blue face and they are lovely watches. Seem to mark easy though unless they're both just clumsy/careless with it.
I've fancied a Rolex but went Breitling for a similar gut wrenching parting of money. It's a great brand but seems to be lacking unless your sat in your local golf club with the elder generations who seem to have them or Omegas.
I don't think I have any watches that have held their money or will likely ever hold money. It's the limited runs I need to look at but never seem to buy as at the time the extra 20%+ to purchase them seems like a rip off.. only when they're not for sale so I regret it knowing it would be worth a pretty penny in a few years time. Hindsight for you I guess.

Is there anything more accurate than a Casio (5 years old) with a Poundland battery - that is a serious question?

Well I've had a look and can't find a thread on this so figured I'd start one.

Just like my Fuji obsession I have one with watches. I have a lot of lovely watches from cheap and cheerful daily watches up to some more luxurious Swiss pieces.

My favourite brand at the moment is Christopher Ward. I have owned and still own pieces from other higher end brands such as Omega, Tag and Breitling.

Today I received my 4th watch from Christopher Ward. The model is the C9 Big Day Date. I have never been one for dress watches but a few watches have caught my eye from a number of brands but due to the cost and the fact I would barely wear them I have always felt like passing and kept with my Sports/racing, diving or aeronautical pieces.

This is an absolute bargain of a watch. The build quality I feel is up there and even beyond the best, I am absolutely blown away. It honestly feels more like a 5 figure watch than the absolute bargain £462 I paid with t on offer. A brand I can't recommend enough.

The high end Tridents (of which I also own) feel better made than that of the Rolex submariners. Christopher Ward is a brand I am sure will continue to impress and increase in price over the coming years just as anything else that's grows in popularity from offering the best in value and quality.

Here's some pics. She's an absolute beauty!!

Images are on my phone, I know - blasphemy!!

View attachment 77238

View attachment 77239

View attachment 77240

So what have you?
Lovely looking watch that C.Ward Andrew...! I've owned a few 'Oris' watches in the past.....then sold them on, presently own a cheap n' cheerful Sekonda (£34).....lol Where's the best place on-line to buy from would you suggest please..?

I quite like Citizen watches....
Like this;
http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...men's+black+ion+plated+strap+watch/?cmCat=OVM

p.s.
Fuji X obsession is good, I agree.

Lovely looking watch that C.Ward Andrew...! I've owned a few 'Oris' watches in the past.....then sold them on, presently own a cheap n' cheerful Sekonda (£34).....lol Where's the best place on-line to buy from would you suggest please..?

I quite like Citizen watches....
Like this;
http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/2829835/citizen+eco-drive+men's+black+ion+plated+strap+watch/?cmCat=OVM

p.s.
Fuji X obsession is good, I agree.
Honestly? You can't go wrong with amazon for citizen watches. Places like Ernest jones or even Argos are a good shout to have a look at them and a simple trip to amazon will then save you a few quid. I think my last citizen was from amazon and if it wasn't the one before it was.

I am a watch lover. Started with nice Seikos then ORIS. Also had a few older vintage watches. Then out of a whim I bought an old Rolex Oyster Date Precision manual wind and just loved it. My wife then treated me to a white gold datejust which she found used for very good money. About 3 years ago I bought a Rolex GMT II and that had barely come of my wrist. I moved all the ORIS watches on and also the Datejust. Still have the oysterdate tho.

Is there anything more accurate than a Casio (5 years old) with a Poundland battery - that is a serious question?

Yup, any of the radio controlled ones. (2 of mine are Casios, one of which is 5+ years old. Got a battery from Debenhams in it though!)

Honestly? You can't go wrong with amazon for citizen watches. Places like Ernest jones or even Argos are a good shout to have a look at them and a simple trip to amazon will then save you a few quid. I think my last citizen was from amazon and if it wasn't the one before it was.

My most recent Citizen came from First Class Watches ( https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk...ronograph-eco-drive-watch-at8060-50e-p-13324/ ) who are open to offers. I made a cheeky offer of significantly less than the price shown and they met me pretty much 1/2 way and the price shown is the best I found from a UK supplier.

I've got a Christopher Ward, the problem with values is they have too many 50% off sales, you don't see TAG and Omega with 50% off so I doubt prices will ever rise like some of the collectable watches have

I've got an Omega 50th Anniversary Bond in mint condition, bought it used in 2003 just after launch, somebody got short so stuck it in a local jewelers window on sale or return, as I was looking in the window the jeweler asked if I wanted to make an offer, I said it was nice but my budget was only 2/3 of what they were asking, I'll see if I can get hold of him, SOLD, bargain, it's worth 3x what it cost me now, can't see any CW doing that but they're nice daily's and certainly look a lot more watch that the £250 a number of them are

I've got a Christopher Ward, the problem with values is they have too many 50% off sales, you don't see TAG and Omega with 50% off so I doubt prices will ever rise like some of the collectable watches have

I've got an Omega 50th Anniversary Bond in mint condition, bought it used in 2003 just after launch, somebody got short so stuck it in a local jewelers window on sale or return, as I was looking in the window the jeweler asked if I wanted to make an offer, I said it was nice but my budget was only 2/3 of what they were asking, I'll see if I can get hold of him, SOLD, bargain, it's worth 3x what it cost me now, can't see any CW doing that but they're nice daily's and certainly look a lot more watch that the £250 a number of them are

The deals at 50% off are usually to clear the last few out before a new launch/refresh and ultimately they have to do that due to their size or get stuck with old models. As they grow that will no doubt stop.

That's why I tend to only buy the limited run watches of the COSC units as they're never discounted or many of them made for that. You get the same issue with Rolex and the submariners though, there's a couple of those that they make thousands of and as such you can get second hands mint ones for about half the price they were new where as other watches in the range still hold a good value or even appreciate.

The cheap ones are all quartz units and as much as I do like the brand I do believe that there is a time and a place for that kind of price and movement and it's not in an watch like a Christopher Ward. The problem is they were founded on quality and value and those same kind of auto movements are now far from value as most are 4digits.

The only way to keep value in the brand is to offer the quartz movements that's the problem. As the brand developes over the next few years I would imagine the quartz movts will slowly die out and even the cheap stuff will be 4 digits in price range.

The most expensive watch you could buy was £1100 when I first started buying them. The most expensive now is a shade under £4000 so the brand is certainly starting to move towards the premium price scale.

They now have their very own master watch maker (or what ever the profession is called) so I don't think it will be many years until the prices are sky high.

Omega has been around for many many years just like Rolex etc so the marketing surrounding them can already drive a high price even on second hand units.

Love my watches just as much as my camera gear! Although I can't afford the real deal so have a nice collection of replicas which are pretty much the real thing to the untrained eye [emoji6]

Love my watches just as much as my camera gear! Although I can't afford the real deal so have a nice collection of replicas which are pretty much the real thing to the untrained eye [emoji6]
I don't think I've ever seen a decent replica except for this one time a Russian gentleman had a Daytona on that was so accurate that I couldn't tell at all. It even had a Swiss movement installed by ETA so was still a quality piece. Out of curiosity where do you get yours from?

I don't think I've ever seen a decent replica except for this one time a Russian gentleman had a Daytona on that was so accurate that I couldn't tell at all. It even had a Swiss movement installed by ETA so was still a quality piece. Out of curiosity where do you get yours from?

There's different quality of reps out there, as with everything in life it all depends on how much you are willing to pay, I have a Tag Carrera that you couldn't tell was a replica unless you opened the case! There's loads of web sites that will take your money and send you a piece of s*it but there's a few decent guys (based in China) that have some crackers! Drop me a PM for some details [emoji106]

I would rather have a real timex than a fake anything :-(
I did wonder how long it would be before someone popped up saying buy a fake.

There's different quality of reps out there, as with everything in life it all depends on how much you are willing to pay, I have a Tag Carrera that you couldn't tell was a replica unless you opened the case! There's loads of web sites that will take your money and send you a piece of s*it but there's a few decent guys (based in China) that have some crackers! Drop me a PM for some details [emoji106]
That's very kind of you but I'm still a stickler for the real deal although I can see the appeal or even to a degree the need for replicas. :)

I wouldn't describe it as "fine" as it's fairly cheap, but I do love that it's an automatic:
23024597821_8663ce582e.jpg

23024671501_15ea9d50d2.jpg

Back