The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Bought one of these today
50594564482_e2bb0b796d_w.jpg

Olympus Red Dot Sight.

I weakened after being involved in this thread:

Like so many of the things I buy it's a replacement for one I sold, is there any hope for me?
I keep thinking about getting one of these. I convince myself that I don't need it and then occasionally I do. I feel I've got better with practice at quickly finding my target but occasionally it is very tricky, especially when wildlife is camouflaged.

I keep thinking about getting one of these. I convince myself that I don't need it and then occasionally I do. I feel I've got better with practice at quickly finding my target but occasionally it is very tricky, especially when wildlife is camouflaged.
It's the weekend.... go on... do it!

Well, it proves it is not an impulse buy.... which I am often told by my wife is a good thing. [Lucky me] Bigger things... are you waiting for a new Olympus lens to arrive?

Well, it proves it is not an impulse buy.... which I am often told by my wife is a good thing. [Lucky me] Bigger things... are you waiting for a new Olympus lens to arrive?
Well I might be interested in this longer pro Olympus lens that is coming - we will see. I really do have enough toys to play with for the moment.

Well I’m hoping my GAS has passed as my list of kit is hopefully complete

Nikon D5
Nikon Z6
Nikon 500mm PF f5.6
Nikon 70-200 FL f2.8
Nikon 24-70 VR f2.8
Nikon F100
Nikon F3HP
Nikon FE
Nikon FM
Manfrotto padded tripod bag

Does an Audi RS3 count as well?

Last few years my main computer has been a screaming little HP mini computer. Basically laptop innards in a tiny desktop box. Problem is, there's no room inside. All peripherals have to be USB. This new hobby of mine is peripheral demanding. I've literally filled up the seats on the universal serial bus.

Got a new black friday Dell coming Tuesday. Does that count as GAS?

GAS is back....today I want

New Macbook Air with M1 chip
PS5
A Midi Keyboard
new AV Receiver
Ultrawide Monitor

The only GAS I have at the moment is a new Rocket III but I'll wait a year or 2 for sorted 2nd hand ones to be available at a reasonable cost!

Pinhole cameras? I don’t have any. I think I asked here how to do it digitally perhaps? I do quite fancy a bit of infrared but never enough to splash the cash.

I do quite fancy a bit of infrared but never enough to splash the cash.

Well, an R72 filter doesn't cost a lot (especially second-hand). But you'll need a tripod unless you can handhold for 40 seconds.

Well, an R72 filter doesn't cost a lot (especially second-hand). But you'll need a tripod unless you can handhold for 40 seconds.
That depends on your camera, my Stock K100d was quite capable of handheld IR on a bright day.
The Chinese 720nm filter I got was also considerable cheaper than used R72 filters (R72 is Hoya's name for 720nm filters there are many equivalents most of which are cheaper)

Ok so i thought i had all the gear i wanted but that new 150/400 Olympus looks to be really really good but i would need to buy another EM1X so it all rest on how good the bird recognition firmware update works out ( 2nd December ) so not to long to Waite .

Rob.

Ok so i thought i had all the gear i wanted but that new 150/400 Olympus looks to be really really good but i would need to buy another EM1X so it all rest on how good the bird recognition firmware update works out ( 2nd December ) so not to long to Waite .

Rob.
Please tell us more when you know more.

I was looking forward to that lens coming out and have to confess (this is the right place? ) that I'm a bit disappointed that it is quite so expensive.

Please tell us more when you know more.

I was looking forward to that lens coming out and have to confess (this is the right place? ) that I'm a bit disappointed that it is quite so expensive.
Yes it is a fair chunk but a lot cheaper than a FE 600 f4 and in some ways offers quite a bit more being a zoom and the flick in TC that's a great feature + longer reach .
Rob.

Just spent my new lens cash on a hifi doh !!!!!!!

Now hifi really is a slippy slope of spending money. My systems staying put and I’m spending no more...................:D

Now hifi really is a slippy slope of spending money. My systems staying put and I’m spending no more...................:D
I know, i've spent wasted thousands on it over the years, thought I was cured, sadly not although I did manage to keep it down to an amp/streamer and some floorstanders.

Back