The General Drone-Related Thread

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
There's nothing new about forming an opinion based on your own perceptions. I shall continue, as I always have, to not automatically swallow everything I'm told.

I'm sorry if that drives you up the wall.
I didn't say you had to swallow it, but there is such a thing as reserving judgement. You on the other hand say you "firmly believe there was never a drone at Gatwick". Firmly believe, means you have virtually passed judgement...on the basis of diddly squat, with absolutely no evidence to the contrary. You have zero evidence to say there was no drone. You have zero evidence that there was a drone. And yet you've convinced yourself there wasn't. So, yes, please forgive me if that kind of unconfirmed bias drives me up the wall. ;)

simon ess

Keeper of The List
Edit My Images
No
Calm down, ffs.

You must have missed the bit where I said I'd be happy to change my view if presented with evidence.

Easy to miss when you're busy climbing walls.

Edit My Images
No
I really don't understand why over the last few years the public feel they have any right to see evidence from an on-going criminal investigation. Seriously, where did that notion come from? It seems now everybody feels entitled to scrutinise the evidence to make up their own mind in advance of any formal prosecution and verdict read out in court.
It's quite simple. It's because the Government seems intent on introducing quite draconian laws based on an element of untruths and hysteria and, quite separate from the final result of any ongoing criminal investigation. The senior Police Officer investigating at Gatwick himself suggested that it was a possiblity there was no drone, before he was re-programmed for being 'off message'. The QinteQ report into drone collisions was staged, so that the javelin shaped object could penetrate a windscreen. The argument didn't stand any scutiny whatsoever, the configuration they chose, a DJI F450, a drone I happen to own, probably could not have left the ground with the overweight battery (10,000 mah!) and then actually reach an aircraft flying at the quoted speed with the strictly weight limited flight duration. We live in a democracy, and if individual rights are to be curtailed, then I expect a proper and balanced assessment by our representatives and nothing less. You also wouldn't be happy if your car was electronically restricted to 50 mph because criminals speed.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
The senior Police Officer investigating at Gatwick himself suggested that it was a possiblity there was no drone...
I was told three genetically engineered mice escaped from a laboratory and stole a small helicopter. Hence the secrecy. Mass hysteria would break out if the public got wind of the fact there are mice that can fly aircraft. After all, it could be pigs next. :jawdrop: